Richard Keogh - always got a mistake in him

mumblemumble

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/20/2017 at 09:28, Lokidoki said:

Ok it appears that not many actually read what I've written.

Think they probably read the first time you posted your current line of guff and then like me, ignored the balance. You clearly assume that you see what others don't (including a succession of managers who I'd wager know a tad more about the game than the likes of you) but in fact, it's just your interpretation that most folks think is idiotic.

In any case, if criticising the skipper, or any other player, over and over and over again is your thing, then you fill your boots mate, just try to resist the urge to throw your little hissy fits when you occasionally get pulled up for it.

48 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Still better than every CB that's partnered him.

Where's the Davies thread? He's made a mistake or two in most games this season.

I think after a succession of partners, all getting worse having played here, has pointed a few to a common denominator. 

7 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

I think after a succession of partners, all getting worse having played here, has pointed a few to a common denominator. 

You're saying he's crap but manages to look better than better players? But those players aren't crap? 

Like Shackell's abysmal passing that puts us under pressure? Shotton having no awareness of what's over his shoulders, Albentosa moving like tractor, Pearce having wooden legs, Whitbread, Davies etc etc that's not their fault. It's Keogh's. 

But the good stuff they do is down to them and the good stuff Keogh does is down to who? 

I would have thought a better defender than Keogh would look better than Keogh more often than not.

Buxton managed to play the best stuff of his career there. 

When Tom Huddlestone told Davies to stay back at Sunderland and Davies came and tackled him which ended up with the penalty. That was no way Keogh's fault. Or Shackell's performance at Burnley under Clement. 

They did that on their own mate. As does Olsson letting in crosses so much.

On 19 September 2017 at 17:40, PodgeyRam said:

This forum doesn't deserve you or your consistently well thought out and articulate posts Angie.

Absolutely well said

One of the few genuinely reasonable and grown up  voices of reason on here - I generally defer judgement on away games performances (i.e. those I don't attend myself)  until I hear Angie's input. Long may it continue. 

I don't get why most of the Keogh critics don't make the entirely fair points that; 

• It may well be worth getting a defender who's worse on the ball as long as they're pacey and bettter defensively than Keogh

• He's knocking on and his style of play may not have the lifespan of a more orthodox centre-half. 

It's rubbish about him costing a million goals a season, single-handedly costing us promotion and being a s**** captain? 

1 minute ago, mumblemumble said:

Great defending for the goal..

What the f*** do you want him to do there? :lol:

Run and stop the cross coming in himself? Grab Davies and move him an inch forward so he's in position to head the ball? Force Huddlestone to not cower out of the challenge? Foul Jutkiewicz so he can't head the ball but they have a penalty? Volley Jutkiewicz in the head and give away a penalty and probably get red carded? Not stand goal side of him? 

19 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

What the f*** do you want him to do there? :lol:

Run and stop the cross coming in himself? Grab Davies and move him an inch forward so he's in position to head the ball? Force Huddlestone to not cower out of the challenge? Foul Jutkiewicz so he can't head the ball but they have a penalty? Volley Jutkiewicz in the head and give away a penalty and probably get red carded? Not stand goal side of him? 

How about just track the player rather than giving him 5 yards of space?

4 minutes ago, mumblemumble said:

Shame his primary job is defending.

Not really, did a pretty good job of it today.

If you think our problems today stemmed from Keogh you clearly didnt watch the match.

2 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Not really, did a pretty good job of it today.

If you think our problems today stemmed from Keogh you clearly didnt watch the match.

That’s not what I said.

I said Keogh had a shocker for the goal. Again.

6 minutes ago, mumblemumble said:

That’s not what I said.

I said Keogh had a shocker for the goal. Again.

Looked a good header to me thats all, if anything i'd say Davies half attempt at a header to clear was worse.

45 minutes ago, mumblemumble said:

Great defending for the goal..

I admire your dedication to this thread, but what about the rest of the squad? Do they have a mistake in them as results would suggest they are not exactly flawless themselves.

Yet to come across a footballer that doesn't have a mistake in him so not sure why Keogh deserves such special attention.

Archived