Richard Keogh - always got a mistake in him

mumblemumble

9 hours ago, Lokidoki said:

But he makes at least one mistake a match often resulting in a goal. If they all did that we would be losing on average about 7 goals a match.

No he doesnt.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Lokidoki said:

But he makes at least one mistake a match often resulting in a goal. If they all did that we would be losing on average about 7 goals a match.

Ok let's assume what you are saying is correct. 

Can you give us examples of the goals that were his fault this season priot to the Bristol match.

Then let's look at it from another angle, every time a striker misses a chance it 'costs us a goal' so how many mistakes are our strikers making in comparison to Keogh and are they getting the same level of stick for this?

6 hours ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Me neither but do you rate Keogh or not?

I just find the obsessive criticism of individual players to be very unpleasant. Whether it be keogh, bryson, martin, russell, christie, shackell, huddlestone, etc.

the supposed keogh errors v bristol are blown out of all proportion. 

The back header was slightly short. Carson dealt with it. It cost us nothing. You could see the same thing from any other defender. You see short back passes, miss kicks from keepers. It happens. 

the penalty wasn't a big deal for me. Ed dawes was screaming and lambasting keogh and this has set the tone for much of the over reaction. We expect midfielders and defenders to make blocks and tackles, but nowadays when a defender sticks a leg out you get the ridiculous comment that the striker is entitled to go over. Utter rubbish. it was unfortunate. on another day he would have nicked the ball. its about split seconds.

rowett did keogh no favours in his comments on the fourth goal and thats a sign of a manager under pressure starting to blame individuals . It was hardly a 2 v 1 as he said. The 1 was in acres of space and the 2 had 50 yards to run to catch up. Thats not a 2 v 1. Having said that when keogh did catch up, i would like him then to have carried on and made another challenge in the box. He might then have given away another penalty, and the critics would be screaming about that. Personally i'd rather he made the challenge and risked it. you read laughable stuff on here to the effect that if a defender makes a tackle then it is a sign of failure. 

Dave mackay would have sniffed that out with a classic sliding tackle. A modern ref would probably then give a penalty whether there is a foul or not. Thats the modern game, and it looks more like netball at times.

7 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I just find the obsessive criticism of individual players to be very unpleasant. Whether it be keogh, bryson, martin, russell, christie, shackell, huddlestone, etc.

the supposed keogh errors v bristol are blown out of all proportion. 

The back header was slightly short. Carson dealt with it. It cost us nothing. You could see the same thing from any other defender. You see short back passes, miss kicks from keepers. It happens. 

the penalty wasn't a big deal for me. Ed dawes was screaming and lambasting keogh and this has set the tone for much of the over reaction. We expect midfielders and defenders to make blocks and tackles, but nowadays when a defender sticks a leg out you get the ridiculous comment that the striker is entitled to go over. Utter rubbish. it was unfortunate. on another day he would have nicked the ball. its about split seconds.

rowett did keogh no favours in his comments on the fourth goal and thats a sign of a manager under pressure starting to blame individuals . It was hardly a 2 v 1 as he said. The 1 was in acres of space and the 2 had 50 yards to run to catch up. Thats not a 2 v 1. Having said that when keogh did catch up, i would like him then to have carried on and made another challenge in the box. He might then have given away another penalty, and the critics would be screaming about that. Personally i'd rather he made the challenge and risked it. you read laughable stuff on here to the effect that if a defender makes a tackle then it is a sign of failure. 

Dave mackay would have sniffed that out with a classic sliding tackle. A modern ref would probably then give a penalty whether there is a foul or not. Thats the modern game, and it looks more like netball at times.

For me it borders on obsessive, its often the same posters that criticise certain players.

I am sure its not true but you form an image of them sat there scowling if said player has a good game, like they are waiting for the opportunity to slate them.

I really do think that if you disect each players game then you are going to find things you can point to to justify your dislike of them. Some players seem to get away with it, Keogh gets blasted to this day for Wembley but mostly the other players involved that day that lost receive no criticism.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion though afterall, the fact Keogh has been voted POTY more than once shows most fans appreciate him and the shifts he puts in, its the minority that dont rate him and i suppose they are entitled to that belief.

I am sure if their was a poll on here about how people rated Keogh the majority would vote in a positive way.

10 hours ago, Lokidoki said:

Ok name them.

If he makes at least one mistake a match, go through and point them out because I seem to be missing them.

34 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

For me it borders on obsessive, its often the same posters that criticise certain players.

I am sure its not true but you form an image of them sat there scowling if said player has a good game, like they are waiting for the opportunity to slate them.

I really do think that if you disect each players game then you are going to find things you can point to to justify your dislike of them. Some players seem to get away with it, Keogh gets blasted to this day for Wembley but mostly the other players involved that day that lost receive no criticism.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion though afterall, the fact Keogh has been voted POTY more than once shows most fans appreciate him and the shifts he puts in, its the minority that dont rate him and i suppose they are entitled to that belief.

I am sure if their was a poll on here about how people rated Keogh the majority would vote in a positive way.

What is wrong with the defense then conceding 7 goals in total at Sheff U and Bristol is it all down to midfield because a defenders primary job is too keep goals out. 

Hang on it's player of the years fault Carson he made one mistake at Sheffield 

6 minutes ago, curtains said:

What is wrong with the defender then conceding 7 goals in total at Sheff U and Bristol is it all down to midfield because defenders primary job is too keep goals out. 

Hamg on it's player of the years fault Carson he made one mistake at Sheffield 

Are you saying that the only people responsible for defending are the defenders?

5 minutes ago, curtains said:

What is wrong with the defender then conceding 7 goals in total at Sheff U and Bristol is it all down to midfield because defenders primary job is too keep goals out. 

Hamg on it's player of the years fault Carson he made one mistake at Sheffield 

Where did i say its Carsons fault?

So do you believe all 7 goals are Keoghs fault? To my knowledge we play 4 defenders.

And to say midfielders have no culpability if a goal is scored is bizarre, every player on the pitch has a duty to try and prevent the other team scoring, if that means not losing the ball as an attacker or midfielder, or not tracking back, or trying to break up the play before it even reaches our goal area.

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Are you saying that the only people responsible for defending are the defenders?

No  it's a collective thing but something isn't right regarding Derby County's defending full stop.  

If it's the way we play or the formation etc Rowett needs to sort it but hey let's blame Keogh detractors for all things bad DCFC goals conceded column 

1 minute ago, Paul71 said:

Where did i say its Carsons fault?

So do you believe all 7 goals are Keoghs fault? To my knowledge we play 4 defenders.

And to say midfielders have no culpability if a goal is scored is bizarre, every player on the pitch has a duty to try and prevent the other team scoring, if that means not losing the ball as an attacker or midfielder, or not tracking back, or trying to break up the play before it even reaches our goal area.

So come on what's the problem because Rowett needs to sort it out. 

Just now, coneheadjohn said:

If we drop Keogh and bring in Shackell ,Pearce,Baird or Wisdom at CB will that improve us as a team?

I personally dont think so, i think we will be a worse team for it.

Just now, curtains said:

Im not claiming to know all the answers, where did i say that i did? I am defending Keogh as hes not the terrible player some people seem to want to make out.

Personally if you really want to know what I think, i think our midfield is the problem and has been for sometime. The sooner we get George fit and playing as we know he can do the better.

Just now, Paul71 said:

Im not claiming to know all the answers, where did i say that i did? I am defending Keogh as hes not the terrible player some people seem to want to make out.

Personally if you really want to know what I think, i think our midfield is the problem and has been for sometime. The sooner we get George fit and playing as we know he can do the better.

You're attacking other posters

14 minutes ago, curtains said:

I think there's a few things to sort out,I wouldn't single any of the players out for the way the team is performing ,inconsistent and unbalanced at times with no plan B to change it...what do I know!

Archived