Richard Keogh - always got a mistake in him

mumblemumble

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, curtains said:

Why !

Because we only play a 2 who are both quite immobile.

The amount of times we have the opposition midfield running at our defence unchallenged is scary.

I try and think of the number of times we get ourselves in them positions going forward and can't really think of many. 

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Because we only play a 2 who are both quite immobile.

The amount of times we have the opposition midfield running at our defence unchallenged is scary.

I try and think of the number of times we get ourselves in them positions going forward and can't really think of many. 

Whose fault is that then !

The constant sniping of certain players, especially Martin and Keogh is pathetic. We are all entitled to our opinions - there are players I don't rate good enough to have played for us but those posters who constantly criticise, seriously, you need to get a life. You've made your point, all the regular forum contributors will know your views but to keep rattling away endlessly in your witch hunt of individual Derby County players is mindless.

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

Whose fault is that then !

Well the manager picks the formation and the players.

The idea of high pressing is good when it works but personally I'm not sure half of our players are intelligent or disciplined enough to be playing such a game.

Let's not forget it was you telling us all that the club had messed up by not appointing Rowett last year.

3 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

The constant sniping of certain players, especially Martin and Keogh is pathetic. We are all entitled to our opinions - there are players I don't rate good enough to have played for us but those posters who constantly criticise, seriously, you need to get a life. You've made your point, all the regular forum contributors will know your views but to keep rattling away endlessly in your witch hunt of individual Derby County players is mindless.

It works both ways.  

Close the thread down to stop people constantly defending Keogh against his detractors like yo for instance 

4 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Well the manager picks the formation and the players.

The idea of high pressing is good when it works but personally I'm not sure half of our players are intelligent or disciplined enough to be playing such a game.

Let's not forget it was you telling us all that the club had messed up by not appointing Rowett last year.

I did and I agree.  

I hope he is successful .

He has a massive job on his hands at Derby and the first thing to address is conceding goals away from home. 

Regarding Keogh I love the guy but he needs to do his job like the rest of the team and to make out he is some sort of super star all things DCFC is wrong as all of our players in the first 18 and the rest of the squad are just as important like Shackell for instance and Zanzala and Ethan Wassall.  

Its a team game and a club game. 

Lets stick together as Fans as well. 

25 minutes ago, rynny said:

Ok name them.

Ok it appears that not many actually read what I've written. And it is not just me that has the problem on this forum. Many folk on here read the headline content then formulate an opinion straight away (without reading the rest of the contnet) and then have to make a knee-jerk comment especially when it's about players - who after all are the common factor in letting DCFC down. For the record I am not anti-RK -what I am stating is that he is not good enough (and the opposition think so too) and he makes too many errors and when he does he loses concentration to put it mildly:

A few from season and I cannot be ar*ed to go through every video and stat to prove a point:

"2: GOAL - Derby County 0-1 Wolverhampton Wanderers

Derby fall behind just after the half-hour mark at Pride Park Stadium.

Enobakhare puts in a cross which isn't cleared and Douglas lets fly with a powerful left-foot strike which finds the net via a deflection off of skipper Keogh." - now admittedly this was a deflection, for those at the match who were watching, which is what I go for, tell me what happened to his state of mind for nearly all the rest of the match?

Sheffield United second goal (Johnny Russell) - why was Keogh pulled to the left? Watch it...

And of course the Bristol City match 59 seconds on the video,  then 4'42 on the video quick throw on the left, where was he? I stopped after that.

One interesting point that I've never really noticed and it's only since I've spent an hour trawling through stats and videos to back up my comments; - is just how vulnerable we are when RK gets dragged to the left - anywhere west of the 6 yard box. ( When this happens usually the ball is not under control and tends to be pushed forward loosely and quite often to the opposition. It also appears to phase the left back/left half combination. Look at the touch stats, look at when positioned on left and try to catch the moment on the video. Funny that Wembley moment is coming back to me again.

Again though I will be imagining things and cannot back up my comments.

Archived