Harry Redknapp

Gap tooth ram

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

But he's not going to be the manager, so the football side will still be the responsibility of the head coach

According to Pat Murphy he would be there to advise Wassall as an experienced coach/tactician. Nothing to do with Director of Football.

1 minute ago, Alpha said:

Some big signings in the summer

Steven Gerrard

David Beckham

@MuespachRam is gonna love it. 

More like Peter Crouch, Defoe and Adebayor.

1 minute ago, jono said:

I've put a humble pie in the fridge just in case but this just won't happen. Mel is a businessman who has had to work hard for what he's got and he isn't a fool. Not happening 

oddly though if we had the benefit of his experience I wouldn't mind ... but he'd be no where near the till or the recruitment department. Strictly work with what we have .. End of. 

BBC reporting it now as well - doesn't mean its true, but seems to be spreading round the major news outlets.

15 minutes ago, Jezza said:

So if Harry does become our DOF. And Wassall remains as coach. Where does harry come into it on match days?

Is he in the dugout helping out or up in the stands with Mel?

Hope he's not sat with Mel otherwise that will start more rumours doing the rounds...

I never realised that so many Rams Fans are not your ordinary bog standard fans but are actually capable of running the club, including financial affairs, transfers, team selection and tactics, all whilst keeping us solvent within FFP and delivering promotion at the end of the season (first season mind) on a silver plate - Champions league next year. We really are blessed to have this level of expertise on our terraces. Alternatively we have more than our fair share of key board moaning b'stards

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2834976/Harry-Redknapp-Directors-football-joke.html

Harry Redknapp: Directors of football are a joke... they undermine managers and leave your head on the block when signings fail

• QPR boss Harry Redknapp would not work with a director of football
  • Damien Comolli was sacked by Tottenham after Redknapp's arrival in 2008
  • Franco Baldini now works at Spurs but some of his signings are struggling
  • Redknapp believes working under a director of football is 'nonsense' 

They are a joke, unless you get offered ££££££ to be one, eh, Harry? A crook and a hypocrite.

Just now, Carl Sagan said:

According to Pat Murphy he would be there to advise Wassall as an experienced coach/tactician. Nothing to do with Director of Football.

Spend more money Darren

But, but the window is closed

Oh Darren, so naive. Have you met my 'fixer'

Woof

3 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I haven't thought too much about it, but is there one example where this sort of thing has ever worked?

Archived