Harry Redknapp

Gap tooth ram

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Jezza said:

So if Harry does become our DOF. And Wassall remains as coach. Where does harry come into it on match days?

Is he in the dugout helping out or up in the stands with Mel?

I've heard a DW face mask has been commissioned from the mission impossible team for Arry to wear in the technical area , DW to be locked in a small room with SR guarding door. Don't tell Mel...... Surreal.

I'm really not a fan, those last few months at QPR, Redknapp looked done...I think it's a terrible decision personally...and if we continue this inconsistent form despite this 'radical' move, the chairman will come under increasing pressure regarding his credentials to run a football club. Obviously, he means well and I hope he learns from his first season errors but stuff like this concerns me.

Just now, Jezza said:

So if Harry does become our DOF. And Wassall remains as coach. Where does harry come into it on match days?

Is he in the dugout helping out or up in the stands with Mel?

Surely working on the recruitment side?

Theres been a hole since Chris Evans left.

Whilst we were without anyone, PC said we needed forwards in Jan, mel backed him, PC then decided not to even start his new signings (camera and blackman). Im willing to bet this is a big part on mels decision to part company with a guy who wanted to spend on backup players, when we all know the clubs strategy is to improve what we have beyond anything else.

As short sighted as most fans are... at least Mel, Rushy etc actually have a strategy, its what got us to this point as championship big hiters in the first place, from worst team in history, slow but steady builders under clough to year on year promotion favourites.

Said we needed a Technical Director last Friday:

Here's what I would do if I were MM:

Keep Sam Rush as Chief Executive in title. He does not do much these days anyway so I don't see why not.

Promote DW as Technical Director, as a reward for his service and his loyalty to me.

Hire McClaren as Head Coach and has DW as the middleman.

The reasoning was that:

1. SR had never been perceived as a figurehead in the club after MM took over, and
  2. DW had never been perceived as the long-term answer.

Hence I suggested promoting DW as a Technical Director so that the head coach spot is freed up for someone experienced like McClaren.

But I guess Redknapp is a good move, too.

Odd, very odd.

QPR boss Harry Redknapp has launched an attack on directors of football, insisting that he could never work alongside one at Loftus Road.

The former Tottenham boss ripped into the system used by Spurs, who sit 12th in the Premier League following a huge but generally unsuccessful recruitment drive in the summer of 2013.

Under the guidance of technical director Franco Baldini, the north London outfit spent the money earned from Gareth Bale's world record move to Real Madrid on seven players at a cost of £107million.

Andre Villas-Boas was sacked by chairman Daniel Levy just a few months later, with summer acquisitions including Paulinho, Roberto Soldado and Erik Lamela failing to live up to their hefty price-tags.

Redknapp, who has complete control of purchases at QPR, cannot see the sense in managers being forced to work with players that they have not chosen themselves.

In an interview with the Evening Standard, Redknapp said: 'It totally undermines your role as manager if you're not picking the players. It's a joke really that you are expected to work with someone else's players. It's all very well someone recommending players to you but when they don't work out, it's your head on the block.'

The 67-year-old made his feelings about working under a director of football clear to Tottenham when he moved to White Hart Lane in 2008, resulting in Damien Comolli being sacked. 

And Redknapp insists that it is not fair that managers are judged - and possibly sacked - because of decisions not made by them.

He added: 'I'm just not in favour of that. As a manager I have to select the players, train them every day and make decisions. To expect me to work with players someone else has decided I want is a nonsense. I want to make my own decisions and rightfully so. If things don't work out fine, I'm responsible for that. But why should I be accountable for someone else's mistakes?

'My head's on the block when it goes wrong so no I'm not going to support something that could cost me my job and I have no say in it.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2834976/Harry-Redknapp-Directors-football-joke.html#ixzz42tpPIRY0

Just when you thought that this club couldn't get any more clueless... 

I hope you have got more money tucked away Mel, because you are going to need it. 

My suggestion to all of you would be to start looking around for someone else to support as we will be bust in 5 years time....

Just when you thought things couldn't get any worse, here comes 'Arry with his antiquated 4-4-2, calling every one a good lad out the window of his Range Rover, whilst his dog keeps track of all the brown envelopes in the back.

Mr Morris may know a hell of a lot about running successful businesses but it's now abundantly clear he know absolutely F00K ALL about running a successful football club!!!

I am officially OUT!!!

i agree with many of you, that Im not sure about Redknapp, never been sure of him. he has spent ridiclous amounts at Tonntenham and Portsmouth. Always inisiting the owner gives him more money to spend. he signal handidly put Pompey into administration and a situation which saw them plunge down 3 divisions.

I will be interesting to see how it works, when we clearly need a director of football who buys into the clubs long term strategy, I wouldnt have ever thought Redknapp is the kind of guy to promote youth from within.

Not sure if I like the direction this club is going under Mel Morris.

Anyone supportive of this move is deluded, this is a guy we're hiring who hires people to do his job for him, he never took training as a manager, his coaches do that for him (hiring Steve McClaren at QPR for instance), he says he can't read or write and he's incredibly dodgy financially.

Just now, eddie said:

I said something along the lines of "Be careful what you wish for" a few days ago, but it was drowned out bBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Archived