Harry Redknapp

Gap tooth ram

1 minute ago, Derbados said:

I must be the only one who likes Harry, massively experienced in the game, managed at the top for years. I laugh when people criticise his money spending, if the chairman is giving it to him, he'll spend it! 

In any scenario he'll be better than DW!!

But he's not being brought in as manager, he Director of Football. That means he'll be the one spending the money whilst Wassall or similarly unqualified coach picks the team and sorts the tactics.

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, CornwallRam said:

But he's not being brought in as manager, he Director of Football. That means he'll be the one spending the money whilst Wassall or similarly unqualified coach picks the team and sorts the tactics.

Ooorrrrr it could be that manages the team until the end of the season, and then reverts to his director role next season 

Just now, Derbados said:

I must be the only one who likes Harry, massively experienced in the game, managed at the top for years. I laugh when people criticise his money spending, if the chairman is giving it to him, he'll spend it! 

In any scenario he'll be better than DW!!

Well he managed to get at least one team of overpaid mercenaries promoted from the championship, so let's see what he can do with ours. 

I do agree though - I think he is a great motivator and I like him as a manager as long as he doesn't have control of the purse strings (although his signings surely can't be worse than most of the ones we've made without him this season). 

2 minutes ago, Jezza said:

Herry Redknapp is in talks with Derby County over a shock move to become the club's director of football.

Redknapp, the former QPR manager and Telegraph Sport columnist, has been approached by the ambitious Championship club and could be appointed in the next 24 hours. 

Derby are keen to offer their support to interim manager Darren Wassall who replaced Paul Clement earlier this season. 

Wassall has received criticism from a section of Derby supporters over recent results but Mel Morris the Derby chairman is determined to keep him inn charge until the end of the season.

Talks are ongoing with Redknapp, 69, and his appointment should be confirmed this week, ahead of the East Midlands Derby against Nottingham Forest on Saturday.

Redknapp has been out of work within football since leaving Queens Park Rangers in January 2015.

The manager who took Spurs to the Champions League has turned down offers to manage abroad in that time.

Maybe sounds to me like we wanted him to come in and help coach for the last few games, but the only way we could get him was by giving him a DOF role at the end of it?

14 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

I won't ask why wasn't anything to do with The Breakfast Club or flinging beer over Eddie was it 

The very act of flinging beer anywhere should be punishable by death. Which drongo wasted a pint throwing it at Campy on Saturday?

Oh good god.. we are becoming a money bag club.. and its not good long term

Look at what he's done at his other clubs, pompey now struggling, qpr is deep **** finiacially, bournemouth took years to repair the damage.. hope this is wrong 

4 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Your not telling me he's the only manager to ever do that? come on, it's rife in the game 

Of course not but when we're being sold this Derby way build for the future bla bla bla do you really want that sort of reputation about someone in your club? If he was being signed as an interim manager and we had him in a coaching role I'd be happy. His job role sounds very money orientated which is scary!

2 minutes ago, emjlc02 said:

People wanted someone in charge who is experienced and who has won promotions. I don't mind it until the end of the season. 

Exactly. I'm surprised but I expect it gives us a better chance of promotion this season than the status quo, and that's key. Also, whatever else you think of him, Harry does tend to play attactive football - not so far from the Derby Way as some would suggest.

Finally, he won't want to move from the south coast, so I suspect it would only be temporary. Maybe he'll stay at Mel's till the end of the season.

Just now, YouRams said:

Of course not but when we're being sold this Derby way build for the future bla bla bla do you really want that sort of reputation about someone in your club? If he was being signed as an interim manager and we had him in a coaching role I'd be happy. His job role sounds very money orientated which is scary!

well we don't yet know the full story so let's wait and see what happens. The journos could be way out 

Archived