Harry Redknapp

Gap tooth ram

On Five Live now,

They are saying advisory role, only possibly as a director of football. Darren Wassall wants another member to his coaching staff and Pat Murphy is saying Redknapp has just gone away to think about it and he will have further discussions with Mel tonight and tomorrow. 

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have no experience at the club at the moment, and that is exactly what Rednapp would bring to the table. If Clement had someone like Rednapp with his experience of the English game we may have seen a better result from him. maybe.

5 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Just when you thought things couldn't get any worse, here comes 'Arry with his antiquated 4-4-2, calling every one a good lad out the window of his Range Rover, whilst his dog keeps track of all the brown envelopes in the back.

Mr Morris may know a hell of a lot about running successful businesses but it's now abundantly clear he know absolutely F00K ALL about running a successful football club!!!

I am officially OUT!!!

Bye.

14 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Exactly. I'm surprised but I expect it gives us a better chance of promotion this season than the status quo, and that's key. Also, whatever else you think of him, Harry does tend to play attactive football - not so far from the Derby Way as some would suggest.

Finally, he won't want to move from the south coast, so I suspect it would only be temporary. Maybe he'll stay at Mel's till the end of the season.

But he's not going to be the manager, so the football side will still be the responsibility of the head coach

Moronic meddling Mel just digs bigger holes for himself but more importantly the club by trying to get out of the hole he dug himself in when he made the last preposterous decision by appointing Wassal and then saying he is there for the rest of the season. This is his attempt to save face by not admitting he got it wrong. Clearly redknap is here to manage the team. The whole situation is utterly absurd. 

1 minute ago, Chris Mills said:

Please no. Whilst Wassall isn't competent I'd rather write the season off than put up with him. 

I liked it under Nige/Steve with the Americans in hindsight, this is pretty scary where this club is heading now, the chances of him doing to us what he did to pompey and Southampton should far outweigh his decent work at west ham and tottenham, who both were better off without him in the end. 

Mel Morris is starting to look a scary bloke now 

3 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

he signal handidly put Pompey into administration and a situation which saw them plunge down 3 divisions.

Seriously?? 

So the chairman signing off on all of his signings and the rest of the directors and owners had nothing to do with it?? 

Ridiculous 

I've put a humble pie in the fridge just in case but this just won't happen. Mel is a businessman who has had to work hard for what he's got and he isn't a fool. Not happening 

oddly though if we had the benefit of his experience I wouldn't mind ... but he'd be no where near the till or the recruitment department. Strictly work with what we have .. End of. 

Archived