Wassall Out?

YorkshireRam

Really dont think Wassall is to blaime.

Its whats gone on before, playing to play a way which isnt sustainable, specially when its requires key personnel to be fit.

The money spent has made everyone's expectations raised. mel made it available, and PC felt he needed to spend it.

Really not sure what this has to do with Wassall.

At least under PC were solid defensively, if you look at the other top teams they dont concede, take a 0-0 if you can.

derby play to win, and when they dont win... they beat themselves!

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't deny it - the decision to remove Clement but not have someone ready to step in looks very foolish and hasty.

35 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Mel Morris has already said he isn't interested in promotion this season so why would he be bothered about getting another manager in

This, however, is a porky.

3 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

really? Even though he was normally somewhere different with the academy? Hmmm, interesting that Wassall is omnipresent.

Ramnut observed him, and posts about it PRIOR to PC being fired. I put to and to together the minute I read Ramnut's post on the morning of PC's sacking. 

I am certain it is true as Ramnit had no reason to lie.

IF true it is damming of how the bbusiness is now run and the culture within it.

as someone suggested upon reading Ramnut's observations, PC should ha told Wassell to stfu! Sit on the bench and anything useful to say like "superb, wonderful, delightful" then speak up.

thing is PC could not tell Wassell what to do. PC thought he reported to Sam, but in fact it was Mel.  

1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

there are no guarantees that anyone on your list (or not on your list) would do better than Wassall.

You cannot have it both ways, we either have a load of dross signings not up for the job, or our manager isn't capable of getting the best out of our all-brilliant players! lol

Anyway, Pearson and Moyes would need plenty of time. Neither have a track record of quick success. Monk... maybe.

There is nothing wrong in the players we have, we do have a squad better than most and equal to others. But we need an experienced coach at this level to get the best out of them. 

If Wassall is so shi-ite, why do most people seem to think it's a good idea if he goes back to running the academy?

Imagine how good our U-21s would be without such a poor manager holding them back, or is poor coaching acceptable at youth team level?'

9 minutes ago, Daveo said:

Think you will find many comments in this thread with negative comments towards Mel.

Trolling members will be removed, there's a discussion to be had without the childish breakfast  stuff.

Better than having a Russell on for Barker :)

That was meant for @Anon 

A lot of fans on here are letting their mouth run a little bit. 

I think it just goes to show exactly what we've become when we're happy enough to throw a person like Wassall, who has done years of good work behind the scenes, under the bus because he's been given a chance and not lived up to expectation for the first team. 

I actually think that's Mel's biggest mistake this season; allowing someone who was doing good work behind the scenes to become a hate figure for the supporters. It's a shame really. Clement was a gamble, a seemingly well judged gamble at the time, that didn't work. Wassall is trying to instill a little bit of confidence back in the team, yet the fans are hell bent on ensuring that doesn't happen. 

I don't think it really matters who we hire at the present moment, whoever it is will be hung out to dry two games in. They will either be not well known enough, too well known, not loyal enough, too negative, too positive, too easy on the eye, not easy on the eye enough.

The support this season has been utter, and I mean, utter atrocious. The atmosphere has been appalling, the attitude of supporters has been appalling and the whole season has been largely unenjoyable - despite being 5th. 

Just now, igorlegend said:

Ramnut observed him, and posts about it PRIOR to PC being fired. I put to and to together the minute I read Ramnut's post on the morning of PC's sacking. 

I am certain it is true as Ramnit had no reason to lie.

IF true it is damming of how the bbusiness is now run and the culture within it.

as someone suggested upon reading Ramnut's observations, PC should ha told Wassell to stfu! Sit on the bench and anything useful to say like "superb, wonderful, delightful" then speak up.

thing is PC could not tell Wassell what to do. PC thought he reported to Sam, but in fact it was Mel.  

I don't for one second think @RamNut is a liar in so much as he's seen a business owner and an employee talking during working time, I just struggle to comprehend such a shocking scenario! Who'd have thunk it! Boss and employee talking?

1 minute ago, eddie said:

Can't deny it - the decision to remove Clement but not have someone ready to step in looks very foolish and hasty.

This, however, is a porky.

When it is the fans primary aim to get promote, anyone who does not have promotion as their primary aim, is likely to be categorised as not being interests in promotion. Not strictly true. But still a million miles away from what the fans want. 

So in a business analogy......we have differing aims of the shareholders and th Chairman. Such massive divergence always ends in tears sadly.

Just let him see the season out now imo. Mel has gotten it massively wrong this season though and he's becoming under increasing pressure now to get the next big decision right, if he gets it wrong again we're under an embargo with a bloated squad on big wages... don't feel too optimistic at the moment. We've done a Forest rather than a Bournemouth or Leicester at this moment in time.

7 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

If the rest of the season is a 'write off' which melvyn has pretty much admitted then i still think he should refund the money for the remaining games on the season tickets back to the season ticket holders and sell remaining tickets at operating cosy price.

writing off the remaining of the season sends the wrong message to the players and is ripping the fans off who bought tickets at the start of the season in good faith.

writing a season off with ten or more games to go is an absolute disgrace and an insult 

That post is spot on!

Are we going to do the same next season if it's not going well with 15 games left?

Just give up?

41 minutes ago, RamNut said:

The players can't do it.......simples.

But the same players have done it . Its the situation - no permanent manager , lack of ambition to succeed this season from Morris .. 

3 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I don't for one second think @RamNut is a liar in so much as he's seen a business owner and an employee talking during working time, I just struggle to comprehend such a shocking scenario! Who'd have thunk it! Boss and employee talking?

Sadly those "chats" got DW the job!! Hence the issue. 

DW had no credentials to take over. None at all. 

Did DW manage the U21 team ?  Or did he just manage the whole academy ? 

And when MM (boss) had a chat to DW (his employee), the effin employee should have spoke through and advise th boss he had no experience, and there would be better candidates available for an interim role to the end of the season

1 minute ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Isn't it amazing how the media can brainwash the vulnerable.

probably. I largely ignore the media. I am amazed how many simpletons swallow internet and social media rumours, and twist the words of people in a mischievous way for attention. Like the way "promotion isn't necessarily a priority" (in a OBVIOUS attempt to take pressure off Clement should we repeat 2014 season) is twisted to "I don't want to get promoted".

I wonder if I could twist your comment evilly against you. I won't. But I wonder.

Archived