Wassall Out?

YorkshireRam

3 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Simple.

You haven't given Wassall 2 months. What if the new manager doesn't turn it around in those 2 months? You'll all want him out.

I can't believe anyone can blame Wassall, he was put in an awkward position.

Mel should **** off behind the scenes. Give the budget to Sam Rush and let him make the decisions. 

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Simple.

You haven't given Wassall 2 months. What if the new manager doesn't turn it around in those 2 months? You'll all want him out.

Yes.....we would in your example all want the temporary PROPER manager out. Correct. Spot on.   And a temporary manager would also want out.

Do,you think Pearson, Moyes, Monk would have done worse than this ? 

difference is most wanted DW out immediately, because he has no experience, no track record, and correct me if I am wrong......but was not even the U21 manager. Not that it matters.   We need a time served, experiment manager. Not an optimist full of verbal diarrhoea soundbites.

1 minute ago, YouRams said:

Not if we had some honesty from the owner. If he came out and said I've messed up this season I'm appointing a manager to clear this mess up were expecting we will be in the championship but if we scrape up so be it. I don't think anyone would argue with that. He's just completely disillusioned me and many others with his decision making and wooly reasoning.  

To be fair Mel said that Clement would be here next season, so what he says can hardly be taken as gospel. 

3 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Wassall is in no way to blame here, he's took it on to do his best for the club, hopefully he will not like this nasty stuff (wassall out protests against forest mentioned by someone on the radio) and decide management is not for him. He's done great things for this club his only crime is he is not a manager. Mel should be the main target for the criticism.

Wassell chatted to Mel during games, about how we were playing. He was putting himself forward for the job. ( at the very least some NLP was at play ) 

Wassell wanted the job, he got it.  The rest will indeed be history !! Adios.  In a changing organisation you need loyalty within a proper chain of command. Simple as 

Wassell is just Mels patsy. Morris is the architect of everything that has gone wrong at our club. Another arrogant businessman who thinks his money entitles him to treat our club as his personal plaything. All the hard work done to turn this club around over the last 7 years has been virtually pissed away in 10 months by atrocious decisions made at board level. As far as I'm concerned the season will be over by the time of the Forest game if we dont get a quality experienced manager in, but hey, Mel knows best doesn't he? 

8 minutes ago, igorlegend said:

Because I am certain MM hoped we would accept DW as our head coach.......so scarily, DW is the man currently trying to get a head start for next season. AMAZING......but sadly true 

I still hold out hope he's not that daft. I think he expected wassall would bring some of that new manager luck but it's not happening and he's left with egg on his face twice in a season. 

1 minute ago, igorlegend said:

Wassell chatted to Mel during games, about how we were playing. He was putting himself forward for the job. ( at the very least some NLP was at play ) 

Wassell wanted the job, he got it.  The rest will indeed be history !! Adios.  In a changing organisation you need loyalty within a proper chain of command. Simple as 

really? Even though he was normally somewhere different with the academy? Hmmm, interesting that Wassall is omnipresent.

5 minutes ago, igorlegend said:

Yes.....we would in your example all want the temporary PROPER manager out. Correct. Spot on.   And a temporary manager would also want out.

Do,you think Pearson, Moyes, Monk would have done worse than this ? 

difference is most wanted DW out immediately, because he has no experience, no track record, and correct me if I am wrong......but was not even the U21 manager. Not that it matters.   We need a time served, experiment manager. Not an optimist full of verbal diarrhoea soundbites.

there are no guarantees that anyone on your list (or not on your list) would do better than Wassall.

You cannot have it both ways, we either have a load of dross signings not up for the job, or our manager isn't capable of getting the best out of our all-brilliant players! lol

Anyway, Pearson and Moyes would need plenty of time. Neither have a track record of quick success. Monk... maybe.

4 more wins and we make the play offs. 4 wins in 10 games isn't too much of an ask. One of them against Forest. Then we can make the finals at Wembley. We could end up going up with this complete mess we have, without much effort. The only reason people don't want us to go up is because we could break our own record in the PL. I share that concern of straight up and back down again. At least with that we get to share in the experience of some of the world's best players again and have a small fortune to build with. I fear we are destined to be the next in a now long line of former PL clubs that is no longer mighty enough to even make it back into the PL. Yet Leicester could win the bloody thing. Sod it all. I just want to be entertained and for my players to be passionate and make that forward pass.  

Wassall was out of his depth a couple of season ago in that famous 4 v 4 lpswich game. What has really changed?

Nothing, he maybe a good youth coach looking after the boys, but in a man's world you need a natural leader, sorry but Wassall is not one.

4 minutes ago, Jayram said:

Wassell is just Mels patsy. Morris is the architect of everything that has gone wrong at our club. Another arrogant businessman who thinks his money entitles him to treat our club as his personal plaything. All the hard work done to turn this club around over the last 7 years has been virtually pissed away in 10 months by atrocious decisions made at board level. As far as I'm concerned the season will be over by the time of the Forest game if we dont get a quality experienced manager in, but hey, Mel knows best doesn't he? 

are you serious. Have a look at the league table Jay.. I mean seriously. Seven years ruined, whilst sitting in a play off place we didn't even get near in five of those years.

You lot are going to end up with egg on your face with your "I want I want I want...".

Experienced managers equal nothing.

If the rest of the season is a 'write off' which melvyn has pretty much admitted then i still think he should refund the money for the remaining games on the season tickets back to the season ticket holders and sell remaining tickets at operating cosy price.

writing off the remaining of the season sends the wrong message to the players and is ripping the fans off who bought tickets at the start of the season in good faith.

writing a season off with ten or more games to go is an absolute disgrace and an insult 

5 minutes ago, Jayram said:

Harsh, but has more than an element of truth to it.

Some of the longer term vision stuff sounds good but throwing the existing situation on the fire to get there has seemed bizarre.

Problems started some time ago. We have bought bad character players with big egos. It's so apparent. Clement couldn't get the best out of em and wassell certainly can't. I'm afraid we need to get rid of the bad apples. Or a man to shake the whole thing up. 

MM is in a total mess flashing his cash. Ordinary players on top dollar.  Recipe for disaster

Archived