Wassall Out?

YorkshireRam

For me when you appoint a head coach or manager you need to give them at least a full season, nothing less. The decision to sack Clement was wrong in my opinion, 30 games isn't enough to come in and get the style of football you want to play across to the players, it takes time, especially when you add a £25m worth of faces into the dressing room with a Rookie head coach in there. Now I'm seeing Wassall out already and my head is all over the place, if 30 games wasn't enough for Clement how on can we be so quick to send Wassall packing?

I'm sat here tonight utterly deflated with the situation, the football wasn't great under Clement but I feel like it's getting even worse now, the solid defence, the one positive thing we could look back on Clements time is now baby poo, sloppy, leaky and....well....****. MK Dons, Wolves, QPR games have been woeful, the football we saw under McClaren seems like years ago, any ounce of optimism I have is being drained by the day having to listen to Wassall tell us how great we was, theres a huge negative black cloud over the club right now and I just can't see it shifting any time soon.

Fans are turning on each other, Twitter is pretty disgusting right now and accusations being thrown around on here and i must stress by a select few that members have been brainwashed, I've even been accused of being on Mel's propaganda payroll tonight by a long time member that I thought we got on well, just for removing posts trolling these members and trying to keep the topic on track which is a huge talking point right now, ruined by like I said a select few that want to use every thread as an opportunity have a pop at other members.

Maybe it's for the "bantz" I don't know but it's a huge insult to the members and mods here that have attended these meetings, ok some may have come out of the last day shall we say slightly more positive and enthusiastic than the rest but take the time to read what the rest are saying, no need to insult a group of guys for simply coming back and reporting what they have been told, not entirely sure what you wanted us to say, Mel told us this the lying ****, does he think we're mugs? 

It's depressing it really is and I think the only thing now that can lift this cloud, bring some positivity back is for the club to appoint a permanent head coach/manager, at a time when the club is asking fans to dig deep and renew their season tickets it's important that the club give us a reason, put us on that road to stability right now, it's unfair on those fans that have forked out a large sum of money to watch their team this season to see a head coach sacked after 30 games and we'll try this guy for now and see what happens, not good enough, if Wassall is the man, give him a contract now, I know that will scare a lot of people but it will put us on that road to stability now.

I have no idea who I would appoint, Rodgers, Moyes, Laudrup all seem like cloud cuckooland names, why on earth they would all drop to the Championship I'll never know, kinda worrying to me that fans think we could get these, just shows how far expectations have risen since McClaren took us to Wembley.

I totally get all the calls for an experienced manager, someone that has been around the block but I find it funny Clements lack of experience wasn't a major issue back in the summer, nor were all the signings at the time. Football's weird, footballers are weird, take McClaren for example, bags of experience but look at the mess he made of Forest, came to us and everything just clicked, now at Newcastle it's all gone tits up for him again.

We need to find that click, McClaren, Smith, Clough (Brian), good luck with that Mel, I don't envy you one bit, I struggle to keep a couple hundred members happy, 30,000+ must be a ******* nightmare!

But for the love of god, no more crazy spending in the summer, you can't go telling us slowly slowly catchy monkey again and then spend £25m in a few weeks.

tl;dr? I haven't a clue but that negative cloud needs lifting

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the phantom illnesses are weird, it could just be illness, but it seems really odd.

The Thorne one is weird......if he's crocked just give it the "we need to get him right" or "he's just not quite ready, but he'll be back soon" line, if he's just a knacker now his kness both went, i don't know, give it the "he's still crocked" line?

Perhaps something has been going on behind the scenes and there is a lot of cover up going on? Or perhaps not. perhaos, he's just not fit enough for league football at present and working on it, johnson bent and many others are ill on matchdays?

7 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I think the phantom illnesses are weird, it could just be illness, but it seems really odd.

The Thorne one is weird......if he's crocked just give it the "we need to get him right" or "he's just not quite ready, but he'll be back soon" line, if he's just a knacker now his kness both went, i don't know, give it the "he's still crocked" line?

Perhaps something has been going on behind the scenes and there is a lot of cover up going on? Or perhaps not. perhaos, he's just not fit enough for league football at present and working on it, johnson bent and many others are ill on matchdays?

Have to remember Darren already used up the "traffic is awful " excuse ......so he possibly used the catchy "migraine" excuse ? 

This man DW must be blind or have mind problems. 

Must watch a different game to me  

That is not good enough from any players wearing the badge. 

Maybe a team bonding session !? A few days in Skeg  

missing out on the playoffs again will be bad enough but not getting the team right early for next year ! Is making me p-ssed off 

well done to the 1300 who travelled and also had to listen to the tw@t speak  after the game  

mel should pay you back !

52 minutes ago, Daveo said:

For me when you appoint a head coach or manager you need to give them at least a full season, nothing less. The decision to sack Clement was wrong in my opinion, 30 games isn't enough to come in and get the style of football you want to play across to the players, it takes time, especially when you add a £25m worth of faces into the dressing room with a Rookie head coach in there. Now I'm seeing Wassall out already and my head is all over the place, if 30 games wasn't enough for Clement how on can we be so quick to send Wassall packing?

I'm sat here tonight utterly deflated with the situation, the football wasn't great under Clement but I feel like it's getting even worse now, the solid defence, the one positive thing we could look back on Clements time is now baby poo, sloppy, leaky and....well....****. MK Dons, Wolves, QPR games have been woeful, the football we saw under McClaren seems like years ago, any ounce of optimism I have is being drained by the day having to listen to Wassall tell us how great we was, theres a huge negative black cloud over the club right now and I just can't see it shifting any time soon.

Fans are turning on each other, Twitter is pretty disgusting right now and accusations being thrown around on here and i must stress by a select few that members have been brainwashed, I've even been accused of being on Mel's propaganda payroll tonight by a long time member that I thought we got on well, just for removing posts trolling these members and trying to keep the topic on track which is a huge talking point right now, ruined by like I said a select few that want to use every thread as an opportunity have a pop at other members.

Maybe it's for the "bantz" I don't know but it's a huge insult to the members and mods here that have attended these meetings, ok some may have come out of the last day shall we say slightly more positive and enthusiastic than the rest but take the time to read what the rest are saying, no need to insult a group of guys for simply coming back and reporting what they have been told, not entirely sure what you wanted us to say, Mel told us this the lying ****, does he think we're mugs? 

It's depressing it really is and I think the only thing now that can lift this cloud, bring some positivity back is for the club to appoint a permanent head coach/manager, at a time when the club is asking fans to dig deep and renew their season tickets it's important that the club give us a reason, put us on that road to stability right now, it's unfair on those fans that have forked out a large sum of money to watch their team this season to see a head coach sacked after 30 games and we'll try this guy for now and see what happens, not good enough, if Wassall is the man, give him a contract now, I know that will scare a lot of people but it will put us on that road to stability now.

I have no idea who I would appoint, Rodgers, Moyes, Laudrup all seem like cloud cuckooland names, why on earth they would all drop to the Championship I'll never know, kinda worrying to me that fans think we could get these, just shows how far expectations have risen since McClaren took us to Wembley.

I totally get all the calls for an experienced manager, someone that has been around the block but I find it funny Clements lack of experience wasn't a major issue back in the summer, nor were all the signings at the time. Football's weird, footballers are weird, take McClaren for example, bags of experience but look at the mess he made of Forest, came to us and everything just clicked, now at Newcastle it's all gone tits up for him again.

We need to find that click, McClaren, Smith, Clough (Brian), good luck with that Mel, I don't envy you one bit, I struggle to keep a couple hundred members happy, 30,000+ must be a ******* nightmare!

But for the love of god, no more crazy spending in the summer, you can't go telling us slowly slowly catchy monkey again and then spend £25m in a few weeks.

A good post, though I have no idea what "tl:dr?" means in the last line. Is that some weird down with the kids code?

Agree everyone wanted Clement to work and opted to support his lack of number one experience because he'd successfully coached many of the world's finest players. Disagree about the signings. It was bizarre to buy Pearce who the Reading fans didn't really rate (on top of Shackell who we all rated). It was bizarre to buy Weimann with the intention to play him out of position, an expensive error repeated in January with Blackman. And it was bonkers to sign Bent if we weren't going to make him a huge part of our future plans.

I concur I would always give a manager at least a full season and feel Mel fired Clement on a whim in a moment of frustration. I don't get the excuses over buying Blackman and Camara just days before, if he had even been considering sacking him. It's either a crazy waste of money or a crazy decision.

We've gone quickly from being the role model of the division to one of its basket cases and the whole atmosphere feels toxic. Wassall was much admired back at the fans forum when speaking about the academy, but he looks foolish right now. Football's actually a pretty simple game but too many coaches/managers try to over-complicate it to demonstrate they know so much more than everyone else. If as the reports suggest, DW swapped Ince and Russell over from their weekend positions, what was he thinking? When we saw the lineup I immediately called it that the midfield wouldn't work because it was too lightweight and yet we know Hendrick and Bryson play well together. That seemed to be DW's radical "shake-up" for the second half. It's not rocket science...

I think it wasn't long ago that we genuinely could have attracted names such as Rogers, Laudrup and Pearson (Clement was much sought after but decided he couldn't come to a better club) but right now Mel has put himself in a situation when he's perceived as having very poor judgement, especially by most not in the breakfast club. We all know (including him) that it's a thankless task owning a football club, but that wasn't going to stop him.

As I've said elsewhere, if we can stop the rot we still have the chance of getting into the playoffs and if we can go into them with some confidence, the season still might not be the write-off that it seems to be right now. But I have no confidence in stopping the rot if we maintain the status quo. @Ambitiousblames the fans. I'd say they, Mel and Clement all appear equally culpable but it's clear Wassall isn't the man to pick up the pieces.

We've squandered a lot of points since the sacking. It's such a terrible waste when we could still have been challenging. Everyone involved with the club (fans/players/Mel/Sam Rush?) needs a lift. Even if it isn't Mel's choice for the summer, I do believe the right appointment of a temporary manager to see us over the line and finish the season with some pride is still possible. And the best of the bad options Mel has given himself.

1 hour ago, Daveo said:

A lot of well made points and fair comment about the members invited coming in for some unfair stick, probably a mixture of the very early posts regarding info given at moor farm not for general consumption and the simple fact that having met and spoken to Mel and wassel it's totally acceptable to have reached a view that you believe in mels judgement and wassels ability to do the job, I for one have no problem with that and like the fact that members of a forum I read and post on have been given access to the club and owner and are able to share it here, 

i do really feel that we are in a bit of a mess at the club now though and we desperately need Mel to galvanise things , perhaps he has taken a step out of the limelight for the right motives but at the wrong time? I keep hearing that we are all want want want and too full of raised expectations but to be fair Mel has raised our expectations, he is a dynamic business man with the funds and desire to get Derby into the prem competing at the top half of it and seemed to be very focused and open at the start ,,,, we need that now ,,, I've seen the best of times at Derby and the worst but as I've stated before I've never been so utterly confused about what is going on, if the job really is wassels to lose then I'm stunned and concerned if it's not then ffs come out and tell the fans because where we are now is damaging the club and the fans by making what should be the most exciting time for the club in years a disaster with divides starting to form that might take years to heal and get everybody pulling in the right direction again

I like the way it's now all Mel's idea to sack McClaren. 

I sat here reading how McClaren had gone to Newcastle and had lost the dressing room and had a fight with Buxton and Dyche wouldn't put up with this and how it's great we finally have Clement with more than a plan A

Who was writing that? Was that Mel with some multi accounts. 

2 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

I'm fed up of supporting a team that doesn't win every game.

boo.

Man up chaps, try getting behind the team and interim manager for the rest of the season.

Man up?

On the Internet? 

Are you new?

Got to say I'm a bit lost with the whole Mel issue now ,started fully behind him and full of hope but do have some worries now but hoping to be proved to be worrying over nothing ,, the saddest bit at the mo is that through the real bad times with Derby in the main the fans have been in it together , the current situation seems to be setting fan against fan, that said though I'm not a believer in getting on the Internet and insulting people because they have a different view , speaking personally I don't see anything sinister or cliquish in some members going to moor farm whether I agree or disagree with an opinion of anyone who went,, it's football , it's opinions , the world ain't gonna stop spinning over it

6 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Where has he said this.

I think fans should have the option to hand their tickets back with the caveat that the f**k off back to where they came from before we became a good team to watch, and promise not to blight us with their presence ever again.

Promotion isnt the aim this season, sacking a manager and appointing the academy director & we wont appoint anyone until the summer is pretty much giving up on this season and looking forward tp next

Morris treats the club like his own personal play thing & Every argument turns into 'ooo half fans' 'ooo come back to where they came from' 

how about people have supported this club for many years & watched us go to places like rotherham away and get beat & or watched us get spanked by everybteam in the prem & not been bothered by this

But the expectation this season has been raised and the attitude from the chairman & players with 15 games to go is nothing short of a disgrace. Id go as far as saying its the biggest mugging off of the fans in the 30 or so years ive supported Derby. 

Lets just all give up but expect people to come everyweek. You dont come out tell everyone promotion isnt the aim with the squad we have but if your ok with that then fair enough

If we lose to the Red Dogs this site will go into meltdown! Obviously I think (hope) that we will smash them.

Having DW in charge is a mistake but the players should be taking more of the blame,fitness levels and mentality seems to be lacking in some.

We don't know everything that goes on behind closed doors so the best thing to do is support the team and keep any criticism above board without mocking other posters OPINIONS.

Mel has made one mistake as far as I'm concerned : allowing clement off his leash and sanctioning purchase after purchase of slightly above average players to create a bloated squad with players who don't play leading to a toxic squad. That's the story. Otherwise Mel has made the right moves: brave to rid of the wally, to appoint Clement and let him go and brave to give DW a go. Hindsight is 20/20. 

By the end, clement had clearly lost the plot and lost the dressing room: captain Baird captain warnock? Seriously you can't pick a captain ? The two worst players on the team are captain?  That said everything. Then came the static football and exclusion of youth. The chopping and changing and a likely invisible player revolt. Enter Wassall to close out the season. Keogh as captain fair enough. Then he's delighted delighted and now he's chasing draws and happy to get results regardless of performances - so we are back to square one. No derby way. Cries for Mcclaren who can't do anything with Newcastle, and is so negative that he won't take a last second corner to try and win a tied game v Chelsea at home for fear that Chelsea might counter. He's a bona fide loser. And in 24 hours he will rightly be unemployed. 

Rodgers or someone of his ilk now would be lovely but am prepared to wait. If we don't make autos it's a crapshoot anyway.

1 hour ago, G-Ram said:

Promotion isnt the aim this season, sacking a manager and appointing the academy director & we wont appoint anyone until the summer is pretty much giving up on this season and looking forward tp next

Morris treats the club like his own personal play thing & Every argument turns into 'ooo half fans' 'ooo come back to where they came from' 

how about people have supported this club for many years & watched us go to places like rotherham away and get beat & or watched us get spanked by everybteam in the prem & not been bothered by this

But the expectation this season has been raised and the attitude from the chairman & players with 15 games to go is nothing short of a disgrace. Id go as far as saying its the biggest mugging off of the fans in the 30 or so years ive supported Derby. 

Lets just all give up but expect people to come everyweek. You dont come out tell everyone promotion isnt the aim with the squad we have but if your ok with that then fair enough

Well the fact that he has not said the main thing that your argument is based around makes your point pretty invalid.

The only people I know who have written the season off are the ones that has written Wassall off before a ball was kicked, but I guess they have the right to do that if they've been supporting the club for a long time?

As for Morris using us as a personal play thing...actually I'm not even going to waste my time commenting on it.

I've had a bit of a cool down from yet another very disappointing result last night and although I didn't go I went to the pervious 5 matches so I can imagine that the performance was pretty flat and not very attractive. I really have doubts about this club moving forward. Since the play off final I feel the club hasn't moved forward. I think the recruitment needs an overhaul since 2014 have we made any real good signings? I think Wassall is becoming the latest scapegoat probably due to a few radio interviews, different team selection and dull football. Wassall doesn't seem to have brought  anything new into the team. The only difference now is we play with more chance of losing. I don't have the answer but I don't want us following the Forest model of FFP embargoes and manager merry go rounds

I don't mind that Wassall being manager for the rest of the season BUT it raises the expectations towards the next one. It should be name worth waiting for.

Actually I feel for Wassall eventhough I can't listen to his happy clapper interviews. Certainly such enthusiasm and positivity can work with younger players but not with adults. Not with players nor fans.

4 minutes ago, WystonRam said:

Wassall is massively out of his depth.

Not saying your point is wrong but have you really managed to conclude that after 6 games? 3 of which have been won and 1 which was only 3 days after he has been in the position?

What have you seen that makes you think he is massively out of his depth?

9 hours ago, Jayram said:

Wassell is just Mels patsy. Morris is the architect of everything that has gone wrong at our club. Another arrogant businessman who thinks his money entitles him to treat our club as his personal plaything. All the hard work done to turn this club around over the last 7 years has been virtually pissed away in 10 months by atrocious decisions made at board level. As far as I'm concerned the season will be over by the time of the Forest game if we dont get a quality experienced manager in, but hey, Mel knows best doesn't he? 

Please don't take this a me having a go at you Jayram. What I find interesting is the number of people that call this OUR club. Derby is the club we support, not own. Last time I checked, Mel was the owner, and as a result has the right to run the club which ever way he sees fit. We don't have to like it, and can vote with our feet.

Archived