Wassall Out?

YorkshireRam

37 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

whilst it's been rubbish tonight, you do realise that Middlesbrough, Birmingham, Brighton, and Sheff Weds ALL dropped points tonight.

Wow that must mean we've gained points on boro and Brighton and even hull with them playing in the cup. And we must have kept up pace with Burnley too. Oh wait......

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Sir Ramalot said:

Buxton = passion yes but class no... Very over rated I'm afraid and has been out so long he is not the answer at the back

Answer to what exactly? If no one is arsed about promotion this season then he gives us what we are missing for the rest of it and that is passion. I mention nothing of wins. As a side note I say we burn the captains armband. 

From Morris's mouth we know he prefers someone who will 'grow with him '   rather than anyone with experience or opinions of their own. An unchallenged single owner is a disaster. Free scarves, coffees and flags are trivia in comparison with making the right decisions .

7 minutes ago, igorlegend said:

When it is the fans primary aim to get promote, anyone who does not have promotion as their primary aim, is likely to be categorised as not being interests in promotion. Not strictly true. But still a million miles away from what the fans want. 

So in a business analogy......we have differing aims of the shareholders and th Chairman. Such massive divergence always ends in tears sadly.

You categorically stated that he doesn't want promotion, nothing about priorities, so stop back-sliding.

2 minutes ago, DRBee said:

From Morris's mouth we know he prefers someone who will 'grow with him '   rather than anyone with experience or opinions of their own. An unchallenged single owner is a disaster. Free scarves, coffees and flags are trivia in comparison with making the right decisions .

again, mischief making. "Grow with the club".

5 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I've got an interesting question.

Is there any reason why this 'Mr Experience' that would guarantee us so much if we got him now, is not currently in a job already?

Yes. Reason is there are more Managers than jobs. Therefore at any moment in time there are managers out of work 

2 minutes ago, DRBee said:

Could be worse. We could have a horrible away kit which we are failing to sell and therefor give them away to our fans at an away match. 

1 minute ago, igorlegend said:

Yes. Reason is there are more Managers than jobs. Therefore at any moment in time there are managers out of work 

But these experienced managers who guarantee you something would constantly be replacing managers who are out of their depth surely?

Unless of course you are suggesting that there are lots of experienced managers out there not good enough to have a job?

3 minutes ago, eddie said:

You categorically stated that he doesn't want promotion, nothing about priorities, so stop back-sliding.

Where did I? Wrong person......I tried to explain why people say he does not want promotion. 

Anyway, do you think Mel wants promotion? And if he does how will he feel if we fluke it with no set formation, no set players, no set style of play, hoofball prevalent and a team that will have two,or three at best Premier standard players. 

3 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I'm just confused why so-called fans would rather rush the employment of the wrong manager, when the right manager might be coming at the end of the season!

Scenario.......

we employ an experienced manager until the of the season.

that is what the fans / shareholders wanted if a top manager was not immediately available. Keep up. 

13 minutes ago, Sir Ramalot said:

Buxton = passion yes but class no... Very over rated I'm afraid and has been out so long he is not the answer at the back

This suggestion is up there for stupidty with the radio derby tweeter who called for a change of all XI players.

Keogh and Shackell are not the problem, they form a good partnership when they arent stuck trying to do other players jobs.

Derby best defensive form came with them in the side when we actually knew how to defend as a team and get back into shape

Until the forward players and midfield players get fit and learn to keep pressing high up the pitch

or

we play with 2 holding midfielders, who are solid physcially, then we will always be in an open game.

Got lucky to score first against huddersfield, didnt against wolves or qpr.

Our current team balance makes every game a lottery as to the outcome!

We are the only team in the top 6 who doesnt have a solid defensive base.

watch how many 0-0s they get when they dont score first.

If we dont score, then we always lose it... thats the difference.

Just now, Ambitious said:

A lot of fans on here are letting their mouth run a little bit. 

I think it just goes to show exactly what we've become when we're happy enough to throw a person like Wassall, who has done years of good work behind the scenes, under the bus because he's been given a chance and not lived up to expectation for the first team. 

I actually think that's Mel's biggest mistake this season; allowing someone who was doing good work behind the scenes to become a hate figure for the supporters. It's a shame really. Clement was a gamble, a seemingly well judged gamble at the time, that didn't work. Wassall is trying to instill a little bit of confidence back in the team, yet the fans are hell bent on ensuring that doesn't happen. 

I don't think it really matters who we hire at the present moment, whoever it is will be hung out to dry two games in. They will either be not well known enough, too well known, not loyal enough, too negative, too positive, too easy on the eye, not easy on the eye enough.

The support this season has been utter, and I mean, utter atrocious. The atmosphere has been appalling, the attitude of supporters has been appalling and the whole season has been largely unenjoyable - despite being 5th. 

I think your spot on 

hanging wassell out to dry after the good work he has done behind the scenes is harsh. MM has to carry the can on this one I'm afraid. I fear it's the end for wassell at this club if it doesn't work. And let's be honest. There will be many vultures out there want to come to derby for the wrong reasons.  And let's just think about this.  Can u trust MM to make the right decision on what you've experienced so far.   What a mess 

3 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I'm just confused why so-called fans would rather rush the employment of the wrong manager, when the right manager might be coming at the end of the season!

I'd like whoever comes in to have the opportunity to get rid of some of our expensive errors, of which there are several, who have contributed nothing and have potentially ruined the form of previously decent players that have been here for a while now. The longer they have to assess who they need to get rid of to get us promoted the better.

22 minutes ago, Rammy1 said:

Problems started some time ago. We have bought bad character players with big egos. It's so apparent. Clement couldn't get the best out of em and wassell certainly can't. I'm afraid we need to get rid of the bad apples. Or a man to shake the whole thing up. 

MM is in a total mess flashing his cash. Ordinary players on top dollar.  Recipe for disaster

Wembley was a  bitter pill to swallow, last season was a bitter pill to swallow, this season, again, we're going to have to swallow it, but it's had to see where next from here. More rebuilding, more disappointment.

but hey ho, least we're not in a major mess and not likely to be without any club at all or disintegrating down the leagues.

Archived