Wassall Out?

YorkshireRam

4 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I'm just confused why so-called fans would rather rush the employment of the wrong manager, when the right manager might be coming at the end of the season!

We're in a relatively good position right now, why not capitalise?

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

If the rest of the season is a 'write off' which melvyn has pretty much admitted then i still think he should refund the money for the remaining games on the season tickets back to the season ticket holders and sell remaining tickets at operating cosy price.

writing off the remaining of the season sends the wrong message to the players and is ripping the fans off who bought tickets at the start of the season in good faith.

writing a season off with ten or more games to go is an absolute disgrace and an insult 

Where has he said this.

I think fans should have the option to hand their tickets back with the caveat that the f**k off back to where they came from before we became a good team to watch, and promise not to blight us with their presence ever again.

Just now, Mostyn6 said:

I'm just confused why so-called fans would rather rush the employment of the wrong manager, when the right manager might be coming at the end of the season!

May be if that was going to happen but how MM has worded it if DW does ok the job is his. I've seen enough to know he won't be getting the job.

5 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

But these experienced managers who guarantee you something would constantly be replacing managers who are out of their depth surely?

Unless of course you are suggesting that there are lots of experienced managers out there not good enough to have a job?

Biggest variable is the propensity of managers to expect three years to deliver their "philosophy" and for Chairmen to expect instant results. This alone causes a high turnover of managers. Some are good at one club, garbage elsewhere (Holloway, Rodgers, Clough for example) 

and I would bet my mortgage on their being a better experienced manager than Wassell available. We never tried. Mel wanted academy formations and academy tactics. He now has it. 

Not sure why everybody is so angry Mel never said we had to finish in the top 2, that was Clement.

Wassall is doing a fine job for some and appalling job for others. Season is over, yes I know we are in the play offs, but the way we are playing I cannot see us beating those other teams in the top 6 and to be honest would you like to go up with Wassall in charge, the inconsistent performances we have we would get murdered in the prem.

Let's look at the summer now and a new coach to rebuild and gel this team back into an attacking force.

1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

It's not going to go down well if that manager could have joined now though is it. The first question people will be asking and with big criticism is why did you not take over then. Do you have the bottle for this job after waiting until the dust settles. Etc. That's how it will go. It's an almighty cock up on Mel's part. Should have stuck with Clement until the end of the season. Not like with SM. Who he should have sacked earlier as we all knew his head had been turned. 

17 minutes ago, eddie said:

You categorically stated that he doesn't want promotion, nothing about priorities, so stop back-sliding.

Waiting Edward .........not what I said. Try your famous bookmark weapon of deceit ... :-)

or simply dream of another breakfast, complete with media training to try and stem the wave of unrest at not having a proper manager 

3 minutes ago, igorlegend said:

Biggest variable is the propensity of managers to expect three years to deliver their "philosophy" and for Chairmen to expect instant results. This alone causes a high turnover of managers. Some are good at one club, garbage elsewhere (Holloway, Rodgers, Clough for example) 

and I would bet my mortgage on their being a better experienced manager than Wassell available. We never tried. Mel wanted academy formations and academy tactics. He now has it. 

And I would bet my mortgage on there being experienced managers out there that would have less points than Wassall has got us over the last 6 games.

Your last 2 sentences are just garbage.

24 minutes ago, Rammy1 said:

Problems started some time ago. We have bought bad character players with big egos. It's so apparent. Clement couldn't get the best out of em and wassell certainly can't. I'm afraid we need to get rid of the bad apples. Or a man to shake the whole thing up. 

MM is in a total mess flashing his cash. Ordinary players on top dollar.  Recipe for disaster

spot on rammy1 did you notice them all bad mouthing each other during a break in play against huddersfield shows the team spirit has gone last time i saw this was during paul jewels reign and look what happened then.needs a  strong manager to  sort them out 

My biggest worry is that Steve McLaren just managed to instil a belief and confidence into a group of very average players (who hadn't achieved anything previously) and managed to get them playing to a standard that was way above their natural ability through confidence.

Added to those average players are one or two good signings and a load of more bang average players.

I worry that the players just aren't good enough and McLaren was the perfect fit for the group. I think we will need to see major surgery in the summer to stand any chance of promotion next season. 

11 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Wembley was a  bitter pill to swallow, last season was a bitter pill to swallow, this season, again, we're going to have to swallow it, but it's had to see where next from here. More rebuilding, more disappointment.

but hey ho, least we're not in a major mess and not likely to be without any club at all or disintegrating down the leagues.

I'm happy just taking more pills :cool:

13 minutes ago, igorlegend said:

Scenario.......

we employ an experienced manager until the of the season.

that is what the fans / shareholders wanted if a top manager was not immediately available. Keep up. 

so you just want ANY experienced manager then? That sounds like a great plan. Jewell was experienced!

11 minutes ago, Kennington Ram said:

I'd like whoever comes in to have the opportunity to get rid of some of our expensive errors, of which there are several, who have contributed nothing and have potentially ruined the form of previously decent players that have been here for a while now. The longer they have to assess who they need to get rid of to get us promoted the better.

we cannot sell anyone until June, so that won't happen. BUT in the meantime, said manager will be being judged over-harshly, perhaps like Wassall is now, and by the summer, a load of fans will want him out.

10 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

We're in a relatively good position right now, why not capitalise?

but if we are in a good position, why are you moaning?

25 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

are you serious. Have a look at the league table Jay.. I mean seriously. Seven years ruined, whilst sitting in a play off place we didn't even get near in five of those years.

You lot are going to end up with egg on your face with your "I want I want I want...".

Experienced managers equal nothing.

Experienced managers equal nothing??????????? . My god I can't believe that quote ,,,,yes we can quote experienced managers who've gone somewhere and it's not worked out or experienced managers who never really excel but are on the merry go round but time and time again the bigger clubs go for experience and Theresa's a reason for that and lets get this straight now , you are twisting the experience thing to suit you ,,,,, what I'm talking about is going for candidates with zero ,zip,nada,zilcho, absolute nil experience of doing the role they are appointed to do,,,,,, ffs that is total utter madness in any field not just football ,,, nothing against wassel and I'm starting to feel sorry for him,, he's being hung out to dry,,, you know what even if it's not a big name lets please please please at least have someone who's done the fuc/:g job before 

If we were playing better football and I genuinely had seen an improvement in our performances. If the team selection actually looked balanced rather than looking like the midfield had been pulled out of a hat each game. If we went out and strung more than 3 passes together and maybe if won won more than three games on the trot. I'd go for Wassall. Unfortunately he hasn't met one of the above. 

31 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I've got an interesting question.

Is there any reason why this 'Mr Experience' that would guarantee us so much if we got him now, is not currently in a job already?

I've got an interesting answer... He might well be in a job....north east ish area. Couple of weeks left on his job yet. 

Could all be forgiven I wonder? Pretend it never happened and no talking about it again...

1 minute ago, archied said:

Experienced managers equal nothing??????????? . My god I can't believe that quote ,,,,yes we can quote experienced managers who've gone somewhere and it's not worked out or experienced managers who never really excel but are on the merry go round but time and time again the bigger clubs go for experience and Theresa's a reason for that and lets get this straight now , you are twisting the experience thing to suit you ,,,,, what I'm talking about is going for candidates with zero ,zip,nada,zilcho, absolute nil experience of doing the role they are appointed to do,,,,,, ffs that is total utter madness in any field not just football ,,, nothing against wassel and I'm starting to feel sorry for him,, he's being hung out to dry,,, you know what even if it's not a big name lets please please please at least have someone who's done the fuc/:g job before 

just to make it easier for you to understand/grasp, substitute the word "equal" for the word "guarantee".

I was using it as SUM of quote, but you didn't grasp it. 

That's not to suggest a manager, who has experience, wouldn't bring success, just that people are getting too hung up on the word experience!

Just now, StockholmRam said:

I've got an interesting answer... He might well be in a job....north east ish area. Couple of weeks left on his job yet. 

Could all be forgiven I wonder? Pretend it never happened and no talking about it again...

He's not a manager though, he's a head coach.

Archived