Wassall Out?

YorkshireRam

6 minutes ago, WoollyJumper said:

Please don't take this a me having a go at you Jayram. What I find interesting is the number of people that call this OUR club. Derby is the club we support, not own. Last time I checked, Mel was the owner, and as a result has the right to run the club which ever way he sees fit. We don't have to like it, and can vote with our feet.

No offence taken Woolly - it would be a dull forum if we all agreed with each other! My point is that although he owns the club, he is only the custodian of it, on behalf of the community that it comes from. It's my view, and many others on here, that Mel has come steaming in and imposed his will on things, and got it entirely wrong. We now have a disjointed, seemingly disunited squad full of mediocrities we've paid over the odds for, a manager/coach utterly out of his depth but presumably compliant to the owners whims, hence him remaining in charge until the end of the season, overseeing a marked decline in performances and the owner telling us promotion isn't a priority. Would so many people have bought their season tickets if this had been common knowledge at the start of the season? It's arrogance of the worst kind from Mel to disregard what fans want because he has a 'vision'. In my view will be the ruin of our future hopes of promotion if he carries on this way. 

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think everybody needs to calm down a little bit. 

Attached are two tables: one from the 08/09 season, one from this season. Have a look where you would rather be.

Yes the football may be poor at the moment. Yes there might be uncertainty as to what will happen in the future. Yes we've spent £25 million without progressing a fraction.

However, we're 5th in the league. Yes, 5th. We would have run down the street naked to see us 5th coming towards in the league coming towards the run-in in that 08/09season. And 09/10. And 10/11, etc. 

When we were regularly finishing in the bottom half of the Championship, we had nothing to play for. We weren't really threatened by relegation but we were sure as hell not in the promotion race. We're now 5th with something to fight for, the chance to get into the Premier League, with the financial backing of a wealthy owner who's a local man. Yes, we might not agree with every decision that he's made but that's football and this is what we've got; we can either moan about it or get on with it and back the lads to the hilt every other Saturday, starting against the red dogs. 

Just put things into perspective and it doesn't all seem so bad. After all, I know I would rather be 5th in the league with 12 games to go rather than 18th.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Jayram said:

No offence taken Woolly - it would be a dull forum if we all agreed with each other! My point is that although he owns the club, he is only the custodian of it, on behalf of the community that it comes from. It's my view, and many others on here, that Mel has come steaming in and imposed his will on things, and got it entirely wrong. We now have a disjointed, seemingly disunited squad full of mediocrities we've paid over the odds for, a manager/coach utterly out of his depth but presumably compliant to the owners whims, hence him remaining in charge until the end of the season, overseeing a marked decline in performances and the owner telling us promotion isn't a priority. Would so many people have bought their season tickets if this had been common knowledge at the start of the season? It's arrogance of the worst kind from Mel to disregard what fans want because he has a 'vision'. In my view will be the ruin of our future hopes of promotion if he carries on this way. 

One thing you overlook is what MM has done outside of the first team.

I wouldn't call making our academy world class is treating the club as his personal plaything.

From the beginning of the season I hage thought, and said, the money he was spending on players was ridiculous and unwarranted but having heard his reason behind this really cannot knock him for it. 

2 minutes ago, Jayram said:

the twisted thing is, he has come in and done exactly what everyone was loudly crying out for.

Where some of us knew throwing money around solves nothing, and I personally have always been a "Get better out of the players you have before replacing them" type, Mel has done, in many people's eyes the right thing, it just didn't work.

I cannot understand the need for panic, after all, it's only been 7 months in to his plan. You last couple of sentences are very very dramatic, and it shows you've never paid attention to the laws/rules/nuances/patterns of football.

1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

the twisted thing is, he has come in and done exactly what everyone was loudly crying out for.

Where some of us knew throwing money around solves nothing, and I personally have always been a "Get better out of the players you have before replacing them" type, Mel has done, in many people's eyes the right thing, it just didn't work.

I cannot understand the need for panic, after all, it's only been 7 months in to his plan. You last couple of sentences are very very dramatic, and it shows you've never paid attention to the laws/rules/nuances/patterns of football.

Are you real  ! 

7 minutes ago, curtains said:

Are you real  ! 

what's your problem? Stop talking in riddles. If you have a point to make, then make it. If you disagree with something in my post, then specify. Otherwise, stop spamming.

DW is not good enough for the long term at this moment in time.  If MM decides to back him and not just throw money at it in trying to buy promotion, then maybe in 4-5 years DW will get us promoted.

The question is what does MM really want?

.....perhaps that is the question that should have been asked at the bacon free breakfast meet...

1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

what's your problem? Stop talking in riddles. If you have a point to make, then make it. If you disagree with something in my post, then specify. Otherwise, stop spamming.

I disagree with everything you say .

Your talking ********. 

4 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

DW is not good enough for the long term at this moment in time.  If MM decides to back him and not just throw money at it in trying to buy promotion, then maybe in 4-5 years DW will get us promoted.

.....perhaps that is the question that should have been asked at the bacon free breakfast meet...

Absolutely. 

12 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

10 minutes ago, curtains said:

Are you real  ! 

1 minute ago, curtains said:

I disagree with everything you say .

Your talking ********. 

okay, which part is not true?

People cried out for local ownership and investment? Well that's true. YOU were demanding deadline day transfers.

Mel has done what people asked and it hasn't yet worked? Well that's true. He's backed the manager with signings and invested in the future of the club, cannot be disputed. Sadly, the delivery of the end result has so far failed.

Mel is only 7 months into his plan.. that is also true.

So instead of attention seeking, try debating the points with FACTS.

I think MM had to give DW the opportunity he has. Doing so  epitomises his vision of one club,  doing the same thing at all levels with continuity and opportunity through the structure. To do otherwise would have made all his other words hollow. 

Yes it doesn't look too promising at present and we have to keep faith that the promised end of season review will be rigorous and objective. Any contingency plans the club might be putting in place to change the manager /head coach will never,  obviously,  become public. 

7 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

okay, which part is not true?

People cried out for local ownership and investment? Well that's true. YOU were demanding deadline day transfers.

Mel has done what people asked and it hasn't yet worked? Well that's true. He's backed the manager with signings and invested in the future of the club, cannot be disputed. Sadly, the delivery of the end result has so far failed.

Mel is only 7 months into his plan.. that is also true.

So instead of attention seeking, try debating the points with FACTS.

FACT.  I'm fed of being patient .

FACT.  I wanted Andre Gray .

FACT I didn't appoint Clement and sack him after 32 games 

FACT I didn't appoint McClaren and sack him  

FACT  I didn't appoint and sack Nigel Clough  .

I didn't spend money on players and then say it's all about the academy etc etc etc 

I didn't think PROMOTION  was not a priority  

i didn't appoint  Dareen Wassell  

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

I didn't spend money on players and then say it's all about the academy etc etc etc 

You have a massive love-in for Bradley Johnson but who was it that paid the £6 million to bring him in?

16 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

Read through the thread, it's spelt out in great detail what he wants.

3 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

You have a massive love-in for Bradley Johnson but who was it that paid the £6 million to bring him in?

But we stopped there didn't we.  

Everyone keeps going on about Bradley  

i never signed Bradley he was a last minute deadline day signing 

DID MEL MORRiS   Have no say then  

I have no say in DCFC .

Maybe I would have done a better job  

8 minutes ago, curtains said:

Maybe it's me but I'm still getting peed off that some people just cant grasp that according to Mel, promotion is a priority, it's just not THE priority this season. It seems such a little thing but the simple misunderstanding also seems to be the basis of a lot of people's problem with Mel.

Is it rocket science?

i didn't appoint  Dareen Wassell  

So you wanted £9m Gray and didn't want MM spending loads of money on players? Which one is it?

Interesting you make this point after spending the last few weeks going on about how good Johnson is.

Another interesting fact is that you spent per season comparing us to Barcelona or Real Madrid, the next 3 months telling everyone how sh1te we were and now you didn't want Clement sacked.

Bi-polar is the only explanation I can come up with I'm afraid.

Sith Happens

But we stopped there didn't we.  

Everyone keeps going on about Bradley  

i never signed Bradley he was a last minute deadline day signing 

DID MEL MORRiS   Have no say then  

I have no say in DCFC .

Maybe I would have done a better job  

If you are that sure you would do better and Mel has done such a terrible job, why dont you have a ferret round your underwear drawer to see if you can come up with funds to buy him out then prove to us what a good job you can do?

1 minute ago, Wolfie said:

Maybe it's me but I'm still getting peed off that some people just cant grasp that according to Mel, promotion is a priority, it's just not THE priority this season. It seems such a little thing but the simple misunderstanding also seems to be the basis of a lot of people's problem with Mel.

Is it rocket science?

Mate he should clarify it then. 

Lets not get silly about this me and Mostyn just don't agree much it's obvious  

DCFC is the bigger picture I hope it can be sorted out by MR Morris  but the prospects don't look good  .

ive said over and over if the Academy player is good enough play him if not please don't  

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Well the fact that he has not said the main thing that your argument is based around makes your point pretty invalid.

The only people I know who have written the season off are the ones that has written Wassall off before a ball was kicked, but I guess they have the right to do that if they've been supporting the club for a long time?

As for Morris using us as a personal play thing...actually I'm not even going to waste my time commenting on it.

What i dont like is that on the previous comment people are branded half fans etc if they disagree with you & many others on the forum

Yeah supporting Derby all them years winning trophies were all glory hunters its easy to see why we'd attract so many half fans especially on a global scale the chinese an USA markets especially all the half fans commenting

by saying its his own play think i expect the respone 'well its his money' is it? Was derby county not here long before mr morris and will be a long time after? All he has done is contradicted himself 

"we've got high hopes for paul so we'll support him"

"we wont get rid of paul if theres poor performance, this season we wont be getting rid of paul clement period"

Fast forward a couple of months and he's sacked based on performances. During the clement blip if he'd have got a few ugly results and we were sitting better would he have been sacked? 

Didnt even give the man chance to learn by his mistakes. The club appeared to be running just fine before him with rush. 

This seasons been a farce, dressing room bust ups, sacking a manager, appointing the youth director until the end of the season... Publicly making us a laughing stock again 'the derby way' and telling the fans promotion isnt the aim... When you are top of the league on boxing day & been there abouts the past two seasons promotion should most certainly be the aim. Hows that even motivating to the players its alright lads dont win just toss about in the middle of the park passing it sideways 

In my opinion He's selling the fans short but its ok because he is a 'local' business man... If anything it makes him worse heart rulling head and all that. But because i think this seasons a bit of a joke and he has pretty much 'written it off' im a half fan. 

Archived