Wassall Out?

YorkshireRam

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Biggest risk to our progression is if DW gets job full time. 

The odd defeat will surely at least see that he don't fluke getting the job permanently!

i want us to fluke our way into the play offs. By that I mean playing our turgid football, with no set formation, no consistent team selection. 

BUT to have Will back fit in time for play offs with two or three games under his belt. 

Would rather DW stood down, but  that sadly won't happen.  

Shouldn't have been given the job in the first place, not experienced enough, not good enough, and is trying to please the owner by playing players who aren't good enough.  Morris won't replace him though, that will mean him admiting he was wrong to appoint him in the first place, he will keep him here until the summer, he needs to see Derby as a football club not his next candy crush business venture.

3 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

whilst it's been rubbish tonight, you do realise that Middlesbrough, Birmingham, Brighton, and Sheff Weds ALL dropped points tonight.

And we gained no ground whatsoever.....zero ground.

Even if the powers at be are writing this season off, why not bring a manager in to get a head start for next season? 2 whole months to work with the team and see who he wants to keep for next season. Derby logic to give them no head start and expect them to perform miracles over a summer where some of his players will have been playing in the euros. The only logical explanation is we've failed ffp or signing a manager on gardening leave, either way a bit of honesty would go down a treat. 

7 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

whilst it's been rubbish tonight, you do realise that Middlesbrough, Birmingham, Brighton, and Sheff Weds ALL dropped points tonight.

That's completely meaningless for any club with any ambition though. It's like getting sacked for incompetence but being reassured that everyone else in your department did too.

The whole thing is miserable. I feel sorry for Wassall, but he's not up to the job. If the club were more ruthless and ambitious, we'd sack him tomorrow and appoint, and clearly back, someone who'd boot the players into gear or get rid in the summer.

We have no direction, no consistency, no qualities.

Should never have been given the job in the 1st place,  just one stupid decision after another with our Club this season. Please Mel put it right before the Forest game. 

There is no plan on the pitch and clearly no direction off it from the manager. Win 1 game lose the next. We may still get in playoffs but won't do anything when in them. Here is a quandary for Mel, if wassall somehow wins promotion, does he offer him the job? Surely he's got to? Otherwise we lose an excellent academy director. Best solution all round is wassall moves aside and get someone in now and we keep him in the academy.

This is so so poor. Literally cannot believe the lack of passion from all at the club who frankly are deceiving us as the fans and the ones that out our hard earned money in to the pot.

Can't blame DW totally - out of his depth as many are saying. The worry is who, when and will it be too late...

Fire sale at the end of the season I think.

4 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Even if the powers at be are writing this season off, why not bring a manager in to get a head start for next season? 2 whole months to work with the team and see who he wants to keep for next season. Derby logic to give them no head start and expect them to perform miracles over a summer where some of his players will have been playing in the euros. The only logical explanation is we've failed ffp or signing a manager on gardening leave, either way a bit of honesty would go down a treat. 

Because I am certain MM hoped we would accept DW as our head coach.......so scarily, DW is the man currently trying to get a head start for next season. AMAZING......but sadly true 

6 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Simple.

You haven't given Wassall 2 months. What if the new manager doesn't turn it around in those 2 months? You'll all want him out.

10 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

I hope that's sarcastic !

Nope. The yanks were building something good and were so close to getting us up. Then Sir Candy Crush came in and ever since his first decision of sacking Mac he has been ******* the club up. Money isn't everything.

What sort of buffoon gets rid of a manager and not replaces him?!

Just now, GeneralRam said:

Nope. The yanks were building something good and were so close to getting us up. Then Sir Candy Crush came in and ever since his first decision of sacking Mac he has been ******* the club up. Money isn't everything.

What sort of buffoon gets rid of a manager and not replaces him?!

Newcastle, and look at them!

Wassall still needs some more time, however, I agree that we should have got someone in straight away instead of an "interim manager" as such with no experience. 

Still hope he gets us playing well. 

Wassall is in no way to blame here, he's took it on to do his best for the club, hopefully he will not like this nasty stuff (wassall out protests against forest mentioned by someone on the radio) and decide management is not for him. He's done great things for this club his only crime is he is not a manager. Mel should be the main target for the criticism.

1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

Simple.

You haven't given Wassall 2 months. What if the new manager doesn't turn it around in those 2 months? You'll all want him out.

Not if we had some honesty from the owner. If he came out and said I've messed up this season I'm appointing a manager to clear this mess up were expecting we will be in the championship but if we scrape up so be it. I don't think anyone would argue with that. He's just completely disillusioned me and many others with his decision making and wooly reasoning.  

Archived