Holiday plans - 2016

Mostyn6

3 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Went  to West Bay last year, fantastic walks along the cliffs to Golden Cap. The pubs in West Bay all dog friendly as well.  Love Dorset but yet to spot  the famous amphibians there. 

(froggg)

I'm here any time just herald your arrival. :D

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doing a bit of a UK road trip ticking off places I have never been. Like Stonehenge and Bath and Oxford. In extreme money saving mode to ramp up my pension and ISA contributions so foreign holidays are struck off the list. Really struggling with the realisation of not going to the USA this year, love the place and not having it to look forward to is making work a real chore to the say the least. 

On 16 March 2016 at 17:23, sage said:

I'm flying to Copenhagen, then driving across. I may yet spend the last night in Copenhagen.

What did you think to Copenhagen and have you got any tips for me? 

If you go to Copenhagen try and tie it in with a Friday night, they have some great concerts nights in Tivoli gardens, it's one of the oldest amusements parks in the world and combine that with the music; it's a great day out.

Echo Stive the harbour trip is great to get a feel for the city, you can combine the bus/ boat tour or a bus/Tivoli entrance tickets available online or through the tourist information which is just across the road from Tivoli and near the town hall; most coaches go from there.

So many choices of restaurants to eat from, hard to recommend one, but top tip if you're there at a weekend book in advance.

On 19/04/2016 at 12:31, Dimmu said:

Almost went unnoticed... but first of June Finland will play against Belgium in Brussels.

One of the best reason to spend a week with trappist beers. And as a game is friendly, the coming heavy defeat doens't have to drowned, I can just enjoy the beer.

Scotland v Italy in Malta. We are the sacrificial lambs before the Euro's. Cannon fodder I think it's called..... anyway, a few days in the sun and a few beers sold me. Only problem is that it clashes with the play off final. Mind you, my record at Wembley is 3 losses out of 3 games so perhaps it's best i watch it from afar. Enjoy Brussels and the white beer. 

Just now, Wolfie said:

Currently in Porthtowan, Cornwall.

Bloody lovely round here. First time to North Cornwall. 

I always associate Cornwall with rain, been 4 times in last 16 years, first two times red hot and lovely, second two rained all the time.

Its scarred me a bit tbh, plus it takes forever to get to St Ives.

6 hours ago, Boycie said:

I always associate Cornwall with rain, been 4 times in last 16 years, first two times red hot and lovely, second two rained all the time.

Its scarred me a bit tbh, plus it takes forever to get to St Ives.

We have trends of a few good summers, then a few bad summers. The past two have been good and a lot more people are coming. We'll probably have one or two more then it'll piss down again. That's how it seems to work.

And getting to St. Ives may take a while, but once you're here it's definitely worth it (if the sun is shining)

halwell-lodge-bed-breakfast-1.jpg

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Sorry for reopening this thread, but all being well I'll be booking my holidays tomorrow. 5 days in sunny Derby at the start of July ????

Sinfin is nice at that time of year. The Grampian for your ale ?????

My grandparents lived all their lives in Sinfin, and my uncle lived near the Grampian so I've been in there a few times, but not in about 30 years ?. My parents are in Barrow upon Trent which is where I'll be stopping. My daughter is very keen on Asda though so Sinfin will definitely be on our to visit list ??

I have decided that I will show the kids the beauty of the UK this year, I'm not great with flying and the terrorist risk is making me even more nervous so for the next few years I'm not moving from our green and pleasant land.

Just come back from Ypres in Belgium with the lad. Visited a load of the old WWI battlefield sites and two great museums. Had some great Belgian beers and brought quite a few back. The weather was rubbish, but I guess that made it more reminiscent of the trenches of yore. 

45 minutes ago, 1977 Ram Raider said:

Cornwall for the 4th year running, love the place, end of August, then over to Devon for a few days. Back just in time for my daughters first year at school. 

I'm hoping to go to Cornwall with my wife and a Spanish couple in the next couple of years to show them my old holiday sites. Had many happy summers there, based near Polperro.

Sith Happens

Turkey for 2 weeks on Saturday, booked a year ago so we could be away to watch first couple of weeks of euro's, and typical first england game is when we are on the plane.

Archived