Holiday plans - 2016

Mostyn6

Harrogate week on Monday, only one night for the missus birthday although now she's asking if we can stay away longer. ?

Credit card looks set to take a beating yet again, not cheap over here to go away. 

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, David said:

Harrogate week on Monday, only one night for the missus birthday although now she's asking if we can stay away longer. ?

Credit card looks set to take a beating yet again, not cheap over here to go away. 

You know them funny metal things you see going overhead in the sky.... They take you to nice warm places with cheap beer. 

1 hour ago, Mafiabob said:

You know them funny metal things you see going overhead in the sky.... They take you to nice warm places with cheap beer. 

Don't trust myself to get in one yet, hate being in confined spaces where I can't get out. Once you're down the runway kinda screwed

8 minutes ago, David said:

Don't trust myself to get in one yet, hate being in confined spaces where I can't get out. Once you're down the runway kinda screwed

Valium..... That would be a great friend to you, maybe mixed with vodka

3 hours ago, EastHertsRam said:

Hiya Rich, we're slipping down to my sisters place in Sabinillas, near Manilva. Flying into Gib and it's about 30/40 minutes up the road from there. :thumbsup:

Our family place is in Manilva, small world eh? see you in the port sometime.:lol:

5 hours ago, EastHertsRam said:

Hiya Rich, we're slipping down to my sisters place in Sabinillas, near Manilva. Flying into Gib and it's about 30/40 minutes up the road from there. :thumbsup:

I've watched many Derby games in that Irish Bar by the steps.

5 hours ago, EastHertsRam said:

Never been down there. I'm in Alzira (Albentosa's home town), just south of Valencia.

3 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

what about trains? or cars on the motorway?

Cars can stop, not 30,000ft in the air. Haven't been on a train in ages but be alright as I could jump off at the next stop

12 minutes ago, David said:

Cars can stop, not 30,000ft in the air. Haven't been on a train in ages but be alright as I could jump off at the next stop

I know a few who struggle to fly, one bloke refused to fly for about 15 yrs, He's still dodgy now, he clamped his hands so tight during take-off that his knuckles went blue, then white, then purple, then kind of grey. It wasn't pleasant, but he has managed 2 trips (4 flights) in the last year.

Have you ever flown? Or have you flown and had a bad flight that put you off? Bergkamp Style.

18 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I know a few who struggle to fly, one bloke refused to fly for about 15 yrs, He's still dodgy now, he clamped his hands so tight during take-off that his knuckles went blue, then white, then purple, then kind of grey. It wasn't pleasant, but he has managed 2 trips (4 flights) in the last year.

Have you ever flown? Or have you flown and had a bad flight that put you off? Bergkamp Style.

Used to go abroad 2/3 times a year, Balerics, Canary Islands, Greece from say 10 to 19, massive panic attack on the last flight out and passed out, ruined the whole holiday **** scared to fly back. Flight back was a bit of a daze and haven't flown since.

To be honest if I did go abroad again it wouldn't be the same old Spain and Greece, all the same, beach then gift shops, English bars, cheap watches, caricature drawings, and a bunch of hotels behind it all. Same old same old. Yeah it's cheaper, better weather but theres actually still quite a bit over here I'd like to see first so I'm not that fussed although might be doing France next year on the Euro Tunnel, make stops offs on the way and way back, bit of a road trip.

30 minutes ago, David said:

Used to go abroad 2/3 times a year, Balerics, Canary Islands, Greece from say 10 to 19, massive panic attack on the last flight out and passed out, ruined the whole holiday **** scared to fly back. Flight back was a bit of a daze and haven't flown since.

To be honest if I did go abroad again it wouldn't be the same old Spain and Greece, all the same, beach then gift shops, English bars, cheap watches, caricature drawings, and a bunch of hotels behind it all. Same old same old. Yeah it's cheaper, better weather but theres actually still quite a bit over here I'd like to see first so I'm not that fussed although might be doing France next year on the Euro Tunnel, make stops offs on the way and way back, bit of a road trip.

that's fair enough. But what happens when your best man arranges your stag weekend?

9 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

that's fair enough. But what happens when your best man arranges your stag weekend?

First of all need to find the right woman to marry then everyone knows me well and we wouldn't be going on a plane, plenty to do over here

On 4/6/2016 at 18:11, richinspain said:

Sorry for reopening this thread, but all being well I'll be booking my holidays tomorrow. 5 days in sunny Derby at the start of July ????

Flights booked. Derby here we come! 7th to 12 of July. Only a few days, but at least we'll get to see the family, and especialy my dad who's been quite ill and I haven't seen since October.

Booked another holiday (but not this year though though) 2017 August 2 weeks and will be looking for another holiday for next June/July. :) 

On 6 June 2016 at 21:55, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Booked another holiday (but not this year though though) 2017 August 2 weeks and will be looking for another holiday for next June/July. :) 

Booked first two weeks of August next year..... Skiathos, new Greek island for me to go to..... Love Greece

On 6 June 2016 at 21:55, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Where you going?

and where do you sit in the iPro?

?

Archived