Holiday plans - 2016

Mostyn6

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is Greece and Turkey a safe place to be going what with the influx of asylum seekers and the terrorists saying they're going to target western pastimes from now on?

just saying, I know we have the keep calm and carry on spirit, but it's there init?

1 minute ago, Boycie said:

Is Greece and Turkey a safe place to be going what with the influx of asylum seekers and the terrorists saying they're going to target western pastimes from now on?

just saying, I know we have the keep calm and carry on spirit, but it's there init?

There are plenty of safe places in Greece at least.

Just now, Cisse said:

There are plenty of safe places in Greece at least.

They're as safe as the boarder guards are good at their jobs.  Wonder if they've stepped up since the last time I went?

i could have walked through customs with a waistcoat covered in links of sausage and they wouldn't have looked up.

Don't know where i'm going.

the house in france i was going to book, is booked up for all summer

maybe the west coast of ireland.

sit there watching the rain come in off the Atlantic while some of it trickles own my neck?

8 minutes ago, Boycie said:

They're as safe as the boarder guards are good at their jobs.  Wonder if they've stepped up since the last time I went?

i could have walked through customs with a waistcoat covered in links of sausage and they wouldn't have looked up.

Try Karpathos in September. Nice and quiet.

19 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Anyone got owt nice planned this year?

I'm golfing in Vilamoura (Portugal) in a few weeks, then for my 40th on a yet to be decided Greek Island in August.

I can thoroughly recommend Kefalonia. Gorgeous. Thassos is lovely, as is Lesvos, but that's been hit incredibly hard by the migration due to it being in sight of Turkey.

Ionian is nicer for swimming in than the Aegean.

I'm headed for Italy in October. Sorrento, allowing for access to Pompeii and climbing Vesuvius. I've been told to try the limoncello too. Annoying that there's a tourist tax though!

36 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

I can thoroughly recommend Kefalonia. Gorgeous. Thassos is lovely, as is Lesvos, but that's been hit incredibly hard by the migration due to it being in sight of Turkey.

Ionian is nicer for swimming in than the Aegean.

I'm headed for Italy in October. Sorrento, allowing for access to Pompeii and climbing Vesuvius. I've been told to try the limoncello too. Annoying that there's a tourist tax though!

I have to go somewhere that does have a bit of nightlife when wanted.

I usually go to Stalis, Crete, so I can go to Malia to people watch when bored.

18 minutes ago, Ashz09 said:

Haven't got money like you lot! In September a week in skeggy.. Furthest I've been! Even then the missus mum is paying for the caravan. Thank your selfs lucky lol.

I actually recommend pricing up a cheap week away to a Greek island and comparing it to your week camping. You;ll be surprised how close the prices probably are in summer

30 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I have to go somewhere that does have a bit of nightlife when wanted.

I usually go to Stalis, Crete, so I can go to Malia to people watch when bored.

Argostoli in Kef has some nightlife. North of the island is better for it than the south. I'm the opposite, I prefer the sleepy places.

I've a family holiday (Mrs, son, Mum/Dad, bro/his Mrs and two kids) to Menorca in Aug.  First time my parents have ever set foot in another country that isn't England or Wales...  They're in their late 60s BTW :lol:

In April me & the Mrs have got 4 days near Murcia in Spain with her best mate and her fella.  One of Polaris World golf resorts...  I'm sh*te at golf BTW :lol:

21 hours ago, Boycie said:

Mrs off to Turkey in May... Hope it's safe... No really, I hope it's safe! :ph34r:

5 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

I actually recommend pricing up a cheap week away to a Greek island and comparing it to your week camping. You;ll be surprised how close the prices probably are in summer

Especially if you go to the pleasure beach all the time.  Took our lad the other year and spent £90 in a day!!!

Off to lovely France for Wales game in Euros. Got a mate from Derby ( Foxes fan!!!) who lives in Cannes so will visit him too. Probably a family holiday to Marbella or Majorca around Sept. Already been back to Derbys last month for Shrovetide football but most likely squeeze another week in back home with my lad at some school holiday point. He loves visiting English Grandma and Grandad and all family over there. He loves Markeaton Park too.... Soon ready to take to his first Rams match..but will wait a bit on that one just yet. 

Happy holidays to you all wherever you may be going. 

1 hour ago, StockholmRam said:

Mrs off to Turkey in May... Hope it's safe... No really, I hope it's safe! :ph34r:

My friend's sister lives in Stockholm and from what I have heard, Turkey isn't any more unsafe than Stockholm today.

Had 5 days at my bros in Utrecht a couple of weeks ago.

Back to England/Scotland for 10 days or so early July. Will be a godfather to a close mates' son.

To our summer house in Bodrum at the end of July for a couple of weeks.

Northern Cyprus for a week in September.

Long wkend winter break somewhere in Nov/Dec. Any advice?

Archived