Holiday plans - 2016

Mostyn6

16 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Going to Cala Santandria, Menorca in 2 weeks for some much needed R&R, never been to that island before.

Then off to Benidorm for my lads 18th a few weeks later, so excited I hope it's every bit as chavvy as I'm expecting! 

Also going to Menorca next year in May for a weeks reconnaissance. Never been before but breaking a cycle of 20 odd years going to Mykonos which even out of season has gone crazy busy / silly money unless you are itk, but even itk begins to fail with social media revealing all the "secrets" 

Am told beaches in Menorca are fantastic and loads of them for all tastes, so it's air BnB a car and some exploring 

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Booked Xmas away this year.. Might hate it but going to risk it..

Dubai Xmas day and then a cruise around the emirates.

Anyone ever used Premium Economy with VS? Is it worth the extra?

20 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

We're currently in Florida, having upgraded to premium economy on the way out here using points. Not sure what the cost would have been but it was good. So much so that we've bid online to upgrade again on the way back. Have a go at that if you're interested. Bid online & hopefully get it for a bit cheaper. 

I think Mrs Wolfie has acquired the taste for it now, though, so every future holiday is going to cost about a grand more. Be warned.

21 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Who is VS? I'm going to New York at Christmas with Virgin Atlantic, premium economy. I'll let you know if it was worth it! 

46 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

We're currently in Florida, having upgraded to premium economy on the way out here using points. Not sure what the cost would have been but it was good. So much so that we've bid online to upgrade again on the way back. Have a go at that if you're interested. Bid online & hopefully get it for a bit cheaper. 

I think Mrs Wolfie has acquired the taste for it now, though, so every future holiday is going to cost about a grand more. Be warned.

Cost me £1300 for Cuba, return.. Committed now.

will look into the bid online thingy... Cheers Wolfie.

23 hours ago, reveldevil said:

Then off to Benidorm for my lads 18th a few weeks later, so excited I hope it's every bit as chavvy as I'm expecting! 

The old part of Benidorm is actually quite nice, but don't worry you'll find the rest of it plenty chavvy enough.

If whilst you're there you fancy something completely un-chavvy some of the towns and villages on the coast  to the north are very nice and with some cracking seafood restaurants. Altea and Calpe are well worth a visit.

32 minutes ago, Ewetube said:

We've booked to go to Thassos for two weeks next August. We opted for staying in the main town as it's well connected with the rest of the island by bus and the Greek mainland's East Macedonia & Thrace region is only 35 minutes away by ferry.

You should be able to get yourself some nice sundresses there.

:p

13 minutes ago, Boycie said:

What was the best bit?

Dubai was way way too hot. Mauritius was perfect. 2nd best place ive been behind bahamas. Saying that however, even though dubai was too hot, went to a waterpark there, wild wadi or something like that, was brilliant. Dubai when cooler is alot more enjoyable though.... dont recommend going there in summer.

14 minutes ago, satty atwal said:

Dubai was way way too hot. Mauritius was perfect. 2nd best place ive been behind bahamas. Saying that however, even though dubai was too hot, went to a waterpark there, wild wadi or something like that, was brilliant. Dubai when cooler is alot more enjoyable though.... dont recommend going there in summer.

Sounds a bit sweaty. Mauritius sounds better, is it just sea and sand?

Archived