Queens Park Rangers v Derby County

Gritstone Ram

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bloody hell, darren agrees with me?

what a nice young man he is.

so what if he talks shirt, he's definitely on a rising tide of doo dah.

18 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Thorne needs to work on his fitness, he's a shadow of himself from last season. I'd go with Hanson all day long at the minute 

I agree Derb that Hanson should start, but was a bit shocked GT handn't traveled. I hope its not a) something serious or b) a pure dropping based on performance.

25 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

If Thorne isn't 100% fit then I don't see how we can justify having him on the bench with the squad we have got. Happy with the team, hope it works. Come on the Rams!

Agree, although maybe he should have it a bit if game time to build up his fitness for the u21

8 minutes ago, peachmyster said:

Just a question re Thorne club say not injured but not match fit tell me how he will get match fit gym under 21 or could we not play him first half tonight .

In the crucial run in can we afford to be carrying a player while we have Hanson playing well enough to keep his place? I said just yesterday I think Thorne needs to build up some natural fitness and apparently people within the club do to. Correct decision IMO

1 minute ago, oldtimeram said:

Something a bit fishy about the Thorne situation.  He was supposedly match fit on Saturday, but not now?  Very odd.

he wasn't match fit on Saturday, which is why he didn't start. Maybe ge had a reaction on Sunday and they thought give it a week, no point risking him tonight.

Bryson deserves his chance, will be interesting to see how he links up with Butterfiield.  JR has forced his way into the team again and Hanson is taking over the Thorne role.  Martin has found his mojo, we're on the up.   Meanwhile, every football pundit asked  has done us the favor of completely writing off our chances of promotion.

31 minutes ago, Alpha said:

If George Thorne was a car you'd scrap it innit?

No chance, he's like a Alfa Romeo.

Silky smooth, looks great, give it all the tlc in the world, while expecting massive repair bills occasionally, and on a good day it'll reward you way beyond most cars capability. 

One day you'll trade it for a Golf, it'll always be functional and reliable, but it'll never, ever affect the soul like the Alfa.

Happy with that side I think it's our best midfield out of the options available, shame about Thorne, but if he's not fit then leave him out to get fit. Let's hope the players show up tonight. 

I also expect that Johnson will be terminating his contract in the morning as his must play clause has been broken. 

Disappointed for Jeff who seemed transformed once playing alongside Bryson for the end of the game on Saturday. He's got the best engine on our midfield so would have thought he'd play the full game with Butters coming on as Bryson tires. Will be interesting to see the Bryson/Butterfield combo, but suspect there's too much of a lack of power there.

Hope the club's got a very specific fitness plan for Thorne to bring him into peak condition for the last few games and then the playoffs. We will need him and his immense ability.

9 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

No chance, he's like a Alfa Romeo.

Silky smooth, looks great, give it all the tlc in the world, while expecting massive repair bills occasionally, and on a good day it'll reward you way beyond most cars capability. 

One day you'll trade it for a Golf, it'll always be functional and reliable, but it'll never, ever affect the soul like the Alfa.

Dont think a golfs that bad... Ive always described the German national side as 11 VW's ... Not sexy like a ferarri (a neymar ir a messi) just 11 good quality very efficient reliable footballers 

4 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

Dont think a golfs that bad... Ive always described the German national side as 11 VW's ... Not sexy like a ferarri (a neymar ir a messi) just 11 good quality very efficient reliable footballers 

11 cheats, to keep the VW analogy going!

23 minutes ago, davenportram said:

he wasn't match fit on Saturday, which is why he didn't start. Maybe ge had a reaction on Sunday and they thought give it a week, no point risking him tonight.

There's a lot of people speculating  about why George is not playing. So let me just clarify something. He is not injured. He did not get a knock Saturday and is fit for tonight. I won't be posting again but wanted to clarify. 

Archived