Queens Park Rangers v Derby County

Gritstone Ram

The only thing about Bryson is can his knee take two games quickly?

If his knee is still giving him a lot of pain every time he plays perhaps better have him ready for Rotherham? Seems this season every time we have a midweek fixture we've run out of puff by the third game. I love Bryson but the way his season has been I suspect he's playing through it quite a bit (and i respect that he'd rather do that than take it easy).

I'm sure Johnson is starting anyway, because it's the Derby way. However, perhaps with the team starting to look up a bit his form will come back a bit as well. I know he's been frustrating the way he's gone downhill since joining but he had a solid rep before he came here and perhaps the absence of Clement's coaching might trickle back into him to?

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, StockholmRam said:

Dunno Loyal... Certainly been scratching my noggin as to why one of the worst players gets picked most games. He has been abject. 

Maybe he's preferred his best position? But yeah he been poor in some games but he's not only one though. 

2 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

The only thing about Bryson is can his knee take two games quickly?

If his knee is still giving him a lot of pain every time he plays perhaps better have him ready for Rotherham? Seems this season every time we have a midweek fixture we've run out of puff by the third game. I love Bryson but the way his season has been I suspect he's playing through it quite a bit (and i respect that he'd rather do that than take it easy).

I'm sure Johnson is starting anyway, because it's the Derby way. However, perhaps with the team starting to look up a bit his form will come back a bit as well. I know he's been frustrating the way he's gone downhill since joining but he had a solid rep before he came here and perhaps the absence of Clement's coaching might trickle back into him to?

Now that is the sort of responsible optimism that appeals to me. We have a big squad, Bryson is a fiery bloke and won't hold back so his body needs to be fully healed and fit before we give him 90 minutes. We have the numbers so why force things and then risk loosing him again. 

As Wassall has said very plainly he doesn't want to change a winning team, so if Johnson starts I'd be disappointed in the contradiction. Maybe a midfielder will have a really unluckly 'illness' to allow his return. I could understand bringing Russell in for Blackman but at the same time he said he didn't want to bring Martin in for Bent when Martin scored off the bench but was forced to due to Bent's 'illness' so maybe it will be an unchanged XI. 

I suspect 'illnesses' though. 

MATCH FACTS

At Loftus Road, Rangers have won only one of their last 11 encounters with Derby County (D5 L5), although that win came last time out in November 2013.

Excluding play-offs, Derby have won their last two league games against QPR, they have not won three regular season contests since February 1990.

The Hoops won their last home game against Birmingham. They have not won back-to-back home league games since December 2014 (a run of three).

After a run of eight games without a win, Derby have won three of their last four in the Championship.

Chris Martin has scored in three of his last four Championship appearances for Derby, having gone 10 games without a goal prior to that.

Carson

Christie             Keogh             Shackell        Olsson

Hanson

Butterfield           Hendrick

Blackman                                                        Ince

Martin

Grant, Buxton, Thorne, Bryson, Camara, Russell, Bent

31 minutes ago, JW37 said:

Carson

Christie             Keogh             Shackell        Olsson

Hanson

Butterfield           Hendrick

Blackman                                                        Ince

Martin

Grant, Buxton, Thorne, Bryson, Camara, Russell, Bent

Razza for Blackman then it's all good!

Wont be able to follow this tonight as I'll be at a gig, but hoping for at least a draw. QPR are doing great at the minute but there home form is decent.

Hopefully Johnson doesnt just get to walk back into the side and I think its about time Hendrick was dropped, but he'll probably have his one good game a month today!

16 hours ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Maybe he's preferred his best position? But yeah he been poor in some games but he's not only one though. 

What is his best position? At Leeds and Norwich he was multi playing a bit. I don't see him as a good fit for Derby. Funny how some players are just right for clubs and others not. Not a good start is it when you are an exciting new record signing and you can't say the name of the club you are joining.... 

For umpteen thousand pounds a week I'd make pretty damn sure I knew the name of my new employer!!!! 

8 minutes ago, StockholmRam said:

For umpteen thousand pounds a week I'd make pretty damn sure I knew the name of my new employer!!!!

Oh great, this argument again. "How much does he earn and he can't finish a simple chance like that." By your logic the best paid players in the world should be curing cancer at any moment.

Just now, Penelope Pendrex said:

Oh great, this argument again. "How much does he earn and he can't finish a simple chance like that." By your logic the best paid players in the world should be curing cancer at any moment.

Explain EXACTLY to me where I say " how much does he earn and he can't finish a simple chance like that"????

Go on... Show me?!!! 

My " logic" tells me that only an idiot doesn't know the name of his new club, or employer when asked by local media.... Even more so high profile people.

6 minutes ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

In fact this whole statement and accusation is probably the most stupid post I have read on this site.... And that takes some doing!!!! 

Curing cancer?? What are you on!! 

Ah c'mon, that was a slip not a "didn't know" he'd been used to saying "city" for years. It was embarrassing but he took that on the chin. Can't believe some are holding that up against that same man who when saw the place said "I'm not going back" heshad poor form but if anything the redeeming thing about him is his character?

11 minutes ago, StockholmRam said:

Explain EXACTLY to me where I say " how much does he earn and he can't finish a simple chance like that"????

Go on... Show me?!!!

My " logic" tells me that only an idiot doesn't know the name of his new club, or employer when asked by local media.... Even more so high profile people.

You're taking what I'm saying too literally.

So let's put it this way:

You argue that his earnings are somehow related to his actions. At what point do his earnings become enough that a simple slip of the tongue after a long and very eventful day becomes unacceptable? How much is he allowed to earn until he earns your ire?

And your calling him an idiot for it is just very unpleasant. I know his cousin and he told me how embarrassed Johnson was about it. He'd had a long, eventful, stressful day and a camera stuck in his face.

Archived