Queens Park Rangers v Derby County

Gritstone Ram

Im going to this one and im looking forward to it. Driving down. Leaving Derby about 3ish.

Bryson needs to start this one. Made such a positive impact on Saturday. The only issue for me that I still can't for the life of me understand why he took Butterfield off for Bryson. Hendrick was at his usual diabolical best on Saturday. He cannot start this game. He just can't. Depending on how fit Thorne is, id play him over Hanson. Russell did well when coming off the bench on Saturday, but as someone has pointed out, does that mean that he should automatically start? Cos he has been pretty awful in the main. But he did more than Blackman did so if its a choice between Russell and Blackman then I would go with Russell. I thought Ince was our best player on Saturday so he should definitely keep his place.

I feel really sorry for Blackman. The bloke must be wondering what he is doing here. Came here in January as the 3rd top scoring CENTRE FORWARD in the league. We stick him out on the wing and sub him after 60 minutes. The bloke is clearly not a winger.

Still can't quite understand how Camara can't even get in the squad. I thought Saturday would have been a good opportunity to give him a start. But he doesn't even make the bench. Surely he will offer us more than a threat than Weimann!?

Carson, Christie, Keogh, Shackell, Ollson, Thorne, Butterfield, Bryson, Ince, Russell, Martin

Subs:- Grant, Buxton, Blackman, Hanson, Hendrick, Bent, Camara, 

Think that will be pretty close. But I can see Hendrick starting over Butterfield and I have got more chance of making the bench than Camara, so it will probably be Weimann on the bench over him.

They had a poor result on Saturday at MK Dons. But I wouldnt read too much into that. Wolves were on an even worse run and they beat us. QPR are a better side than Wolves. I would take a point as a good result. A win would be fantastic.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Im going to this one and im looking forward to it. Driving down. Leaving Derby about 3ish.

Bryson needs to start this one. Made such a positive impact on Saturday. The only issue for me that I still can't for the life of me understand why he took Butterfield off for Bryson. Hendrick was at his usual diabolical best on Saturday. He cannot start this game. He just can't. Depending on how fit Thorne is, id play him over Hanson. Russell did well when coming off the bench on Saturday, but as someone has pointed out, does that mean that he should automatically start? Cos he has been pretty awful in the main. But he did more than Blackman did so if its a choice between Russell and Blackman then I would go with Russell. I thought Ince was our best player on Saturday so he should definitely keep his place.

I feel really sorry for Blackman. The bloke must be wondering what he is doing here. Came here in January as the 3rd top scoring CENTRE FORWARD in the league. We stick him out on the wing and sub him after 60 minutes. The bloke is clearly not a winger.

Still can't quite understand how Camara can't even get in the squad. I thought Saturday would have been a good opportunity to give him a start. But he doesn't even make the bench. Surely he will offer us more than a threat than Weimann!?

Carson, Christie, Keogh, Shackell, Ollson, Thorne, Butterfield, Bryson, Ince, Russell, Martin

Subs:- Grant, Buxton, Blackman, Hanson, Hendrick, Bent, Camara, 

Think that will be pretty close. But I can see Hendrick starting over Butterfield and I have got more chance of making the bench than Camara, so it will probably be Weimann on the bench over him.

They had a poor result on Saturday at MK Dons. But I wouldnt read too much into that. Wolves were on an even worse run and they beat us. QPR are a better side than Wolves. I would take a point as a good result. A win would be fantastic.

This dude actually pays attention at the game! Only difference is that I'd start Hanson ... Even though Thorne is the dogs ******! 

15 minutes ago, Ninos said:

This dude actually pays attention at the game! Only difference is that I'd start Hanson ... Even though Thorne is the dogs ******! 

Wouldnt argue with you there mate. If Thorne is 100% fit, he has to play. But its hard to say if he is or not.

I would only start him if he was fit. Maybe play him for 60 mins? Then bring Hanson on. Build him up.

Would personally start Hanson for this game because QPR will be in our faces for the first stages for this game. With Thorne not being 100% fit I feel it will increase the possibility of him re-injuring himself. I'd bring Thorne on for the last 30 minutes to gain composure and control of the midfield and to see the game out(if we are hopefully winning)

Ipswich, Cardiff, Sheff Wed and Birmingham are our rivals for the Play Offs. Finishing in fourth position would give is a second leg home tie against 5th. Anything can happen in a Final. Finishing sixth ans then playing against third can be an advantage if the team finishing third has been pipped at the last hurdle.

13 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Ipswich, Cardiff, Sheff Wed and Birmingham are our rivals for the Play Offs. Finishing in fourth position would give is a second leg home tie against 5th. Anything can happen in a Final. Finishing sixth ans then playing against third can be an advantage if the team finishing third has been pipped at the last hurdle.

Is it an advantage to have the home leg 1st or 2nd?  Play at home get an advantage you can build on or try and take someone apart 2nd leg?

I still think we can go up automatically , and the teams above us are not the issue , its derby county that is the problem , still think the problem is too many players and probably none of us have a clue what the best 11 is but from now on in dw play who you think is the best 11 and see what happens , worst case we will go up thru the play offs

I think it needs to be Bryson and hendrick or butters and Johnson. Not mixed. Hendrick improved when Bryson came on. And johno and butters have played together for some time now. There's a good player in Johnson somewhere, he clearly showed that last season and the first half a dozen games this. He just got it battered out of him and let's face it we could say that for nearly everyone in our team part from the defence.

wouldnretain Blackman ince and Martin up front but put Camara on the bench instead of Weiman. Not rated Camara in the short spells he's been played but you never know.

holding mid would be down to wether Thorne is 100% fit, if not don't risk him and play Hanson. Back 5 pick themselves.

cheeky 0-1 win will do me nicely to give Wassal an 80% win rate O.O

I dont know why but I still think we have a chance at automatics. I dont think we will get there, but I do think we have a chance. The teams above us still have to play each other and points will be dropped.

We could be 4 points off 2nd tomorrow if results went our way. 

We can't afford to lose many more games though. We really cant. Think we probably need to win 9 out of our last 12 to do it and I just cant see it.

Also, I wouldnt be confident of playing anybody in the top 6 at the minute. I think if had played someone in the top 6 on Saturday we would probably have been 3 down after 20 minutes.

But maybe thats a good thing? Because if we got in the play offs, maybe not many of us would be expecting to even get to the final. Which could possibly work in our favour. 

6 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I dont know why but I still think we have a chance at automatics. I dont think we will get there, but I do think we have a chance. The teams above us still have to play each other and points will be dropped.

We can't afford to lose many more games though. We really cant. Think we probably need to win 9 out of our last 12 to do it and I just cant see it.

Also, I wouldnt be confident of playing anybody in the top 6 at the minute. I think if had played someone in the top 6 on Saturday we would probably have been 3 down after 20 minutes.

But maybe thats a good thing? Because if we got in the play offs, maybe not many of us would be expecting to even get to the final. Which could possibly work in our favour. 

I don't think many think we will get top 2 because we are relying on 4 teams above us to drop points as well as us winning every game just to stay in touch. Bris showed a stat before that we haven't won more than 3 games in a row for almost 3 years

4 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I don't think many think we will get top 2 because we are relying on 4 teams above us to drop points as well as us winning every game just to stay in touch. Bris showed a stat before that we haven't won more than 3 games in a row for almost 3 years

We havent won 3 in a row for 3 years?

16 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I agree. The autos are in range. I just think we should stop go using on x points from y games and just play to win each ... Just like Ranieri and Leicester are doing it. And if we don't do it we don't do it ... At least come playoffs we will have Thorne Bryson Hughes Hanson and Butterfield in the middle . 

I agree. No point in trying to look at the fixtures and guess how many points you will get from each game and how the other teams will fare. Shock results will happen. Teams at the bottom will beat teams at the top. Mid table teams with nothing to play for will  have the pressure off.

Just go out there and aim to win every game. Right now I would take a play off finish and a win against Forest.

1 hour ago, rynny said:

Is it an advantage to have the home leg 1st or 2nd?  Play at home get an advantage you can build on or try and take someone apart 2nd leg?

I'd normally say away leg first, but with our crowd this season ...... who knows?

@valleyram I agree about the size of the squad, but when we trim it down people go into meltdown! 

37 minutes ago, Rampage said:

To go up via the Play Offs we are going to have to beat at least one, maybe two of Burnley, Boro, Hull, Boro, Brighton

Easy peazy. We will have boy wonder backed by bruiser and captain Keogh. We got this. 

Archived