Queens Park Rangers v Derby County

Gritstone Ram

40 minutes ago, StockholmRam said:

For umpteen thousand pounds a week I'd make pretty damn sure I knew the name of my new employer!!!! 

22 minutes ago, StockholmRam said:

In fact this whole statement and accusation is probably the most stupid post I have read on this site.... And that takes some doing!!!! 

Curing cancer?? What are you on!! 

I always think when I see someone on here or in newspapers in general commenting on a footballer and how they should act a certain way or do certain things because of their salary is stupid. In no other profession do you see people say, "Hey, that doctor shouldn't say that as he's earn 'x' whereas, that low salary worker can say what he likes as he ONLY earns 'x'". Hate that in our culture we think it's okay to judge someones actions for no other reason than they have worked hard and become a success.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stupid rant over... 

I reckon we should win this evening with QPR going through a tough patch however, did feel that a better team would have beaten on Saturday (most notably, a physically stronger midfield than Huddersfields would have destroyed us IMO). Hopefully, central midfielders can get it right as I feel this is where the battle is won and lost in most of our games!

1 hour ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

You're taking what I'm saying too literally.

So let's put it this way:

You argue that his earnings are somehow related to his actions. At what point do his earnings become enough that a simple slip of the tongue after a long and very eventful day becomes unacceptable? How much is he allowed to earn until he earns your ire?

And your calling him an idiot for it is just very unpleasant. I know his cousin and he told me how embarrassed Johnson was about it. He'd had a long, eventful, stressful day and a camera stuck in his face.

1 hour ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

You're taking what I'm saying too literally.

So let's put it this way:

You argue that his earnings are somehow related to his actions. At what point do his earnings become enough that a simple slip of the tongue after a long and very eventful day becomes unacceptable? How much is he allowed to earn until he earns your ire?

And your calling him an idiot for it is just very unpleasant. I know his cousin and he told me how embarrassed Johnson was about it. He'd had a long, eventful, stressful day and a camera stuck in his face.

No..let's keep to what you actually wrote. You said my logic was akin to expecting players on huge money to come up with a cure for cancer!!!! I'm neither unpleasant or illogical to that degree.... But I'm not budging from my stance of him being an idiot for getting the name of the club wrong. Out of the hundreds of players, perhaps thousands we have signed in my lifetime he is the only one ever to get the name of the club wrong. All have been interviewed by media, all have had a camera stuck in their face...Only one got the name wrong!! 

1 hour ago, Casio said:

I always think when I see someone on here or in newspapers in general commenting on a footballer and how they should act a certain way or do certain things because of their salary is stupid. In no other profession do you see people say, "Hey, that doctor shouldn't say that as he's earn 'x' whereas, that low salary worker can say what he likes as he ONLY earns 'x'". Hate that in our culture we think it's okay to judge someones actions for no other reason than they have worked hard and become a success.

Casio...in my profession and most other professions you are expected to be able to do the very basics of the job regardless of salary. 

2 hours ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

Oh great, this argument again. "How much does he earn and he can't finish a simple chance like that." By your logic the best paid players in the world should be curing cancer at any moment.

You said " by your logic". You directed that straight at me. No one else, just me. So how am I not supposed to take it literally. 

Most games, I don't feel we "outwork" the opposition. Under Wass I do believe our workrate has improved. In other words we have to close down and press the other team like they always do to us. Arthur Cox used to call it "earning the right to play". Tonight is the perfect game for that approach IMO. QPR have fragile morale, we need to be in their faces from the start.

COYR

1 hour ago, StockholmRam said:

You said " by your logic". You directed that straight at me. No one else, just me. So how am I not supposed to take it literally. 

Have you honestly never heard of an analogy? To add, 'by your logic' isn't the bit you were taking literally. It was about "How much does he earn and he can't finish a simple chance like that." No, you didn't say that exactly, but you said "For umpteen thousand pounds a week I'd make pretty damn sure I knew the name of my new employer!!!! ", which fits the precondition that players earning money disqualifies him from making a mistake, which is a totally stupid idea to have, especially considering you watched Shotton play for us last season!

Well most people got the exact line up they wanted, so there shouldn't be many complaints tonight... cue people now saying they can't believe shotton wasn't recalled for this one. 

No thorne in squad due to lack of fitness by the sounds of it. 

4 hours ago, StockholmRam said:

In fact this whole statement and accusation is probably the most stupid post I have read on this site.... And that takes some doing!!!! 

Curing cancer?? What are you on!! 

Let it go man

Archived