Queens Park Rangers v Derby County

Gritstone Ram

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would never wish illness on anyone, but I hope Johnson doesn't get the nod after missing Saturday. I get the feeling that if he is fit, he plays though. 

Not a great stomping ground for us. Heart says a win, optimism says a draw, head says a defeat. 

2-0 QPR

QPR is a big game for us. We need to go there and get a result. Would take a point now! Can't be going there with naive tactics and wing backs pushed up. Carson, Christie, Keogh, Shackell, Olsson, Thorne, butterfield, Bryson, Russell (right) Ince (left) Martin. 

Need to stay tight for the first 20

Come on you Rams! 

Carson, Christie, Keogh, Shacks, Ollson, Hanson, Bryson, Buttercup, Ince, Blackman and Martin

I think Blackman has a lot to offer, we just need to stick with him and he'll come good I think. Hanson stays in because Thorne is never fit and we can't keep carrying him. 

Prefer Hendrick - Thorne - Bryson combo as it has the right balance. Like Butterfield but it's about team not individuals for me. 

On a different note, I am London based and want to get a ticket for Tuesday. Dare not trust the post from DCFC at this stage. Assume I contact QPR and buy in the home end (incognito obviously)?  Thoughts on other options? 

2 hours ago, Norwichram2 said:

Prefer Hendrick - Thorne - Bryson combo as it has the right balance. Like Butterfield but it's about team not individuals for me. 

On a different note, I am London based and want to get a ticket for Tuesday. Dare not trust the post from DCFC at this stage. Assume I contact QPR and buy in the home end (incognito obviously)?  Thoughts on other options? 

Just do the buy a ticket and print at home? Or is that just home games?

4 hours ago, Norwichram2 said:

Easy to buy from DCFC and then they bring the away tickets down with them on the team bus for fans to collect at the ground. I know we were also talking about print your own (as some clubs have done for a while) but I can't remember if we have that yet.

As much as I was happy with Russell's impact, I think he needs to repeat it a couple of times off the bench before being given another start, as he had a regular run in the team for weeks but failed to capitalise on it.

This means that I would start Blackman on the right, as the two times that I've seen him play there (his debut and vs Huddersfield), he's shown some promise and some bright moments. It's the position where he scored most of his goals for Reading and I don't think he's been given sufficient time there to show what he can do, so with Ince having his best performance for a while on the left on Saturday, I don't see why Blackman shouldn't be given a run of games similar to what Russell had. I'm pretty sure he'll come up trumps.

I also think we should start Bryson instead of Hendrick, as Bryson has looked promising most of the time that he's been on the pitch and Jeff wasn't great against Hudders, therefore I would give Bryson the start and bring Hendrick on if need be (he always looks dangerous coming off the bench).

Finally, I would stick with Hanson because as much as I love George Thorne (see my profile picture), he hasn't been at it for a while now so I would give Jamie a run of games.

Aside from a few shaky periods, the signs were there on Saturday that our attacking fluency could be making a return at just the right time; if we win a couple of games then an enormous amount of confidence will be generated and we could be the form team going into the play-offs, or we might even steal an automatic place, as nobody above us seems to want it (I can dream), so let's get behind Darren Wassall's barmy army! COYR!!!

2 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

What was wrong with him? Might be too soon depending on ailment.

He got virus that's why he didn't make it on Saturday. This nonsense about contract clause of him starting every week is cringe. 

2 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

He got virus that's why he didn't make it on Saturday. This nonsense about contract clause of him starting every week is cringe. 

Yeah you're right there.

Some of those virus things can knock you for 6. Given we won, hope DW allows him to recover fully and gain fitness before sticking him back into the 11 as there is less urgency for this game. I'd target him to come back in on Saturday as we are usually knackered after 3 games in a week.

30 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Hope you won't be too disappointed angieram, but it is a dump of the first order.

Can't be as bad as Brentford, surely? I will let you know what I think of it when I know how many points we bring away from there!

2 hours ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Dunno Loyal... Certainly been scratching my noggin as to why one of the worst players gets picked most games. He has been abject. 

Archived