Queens Park Rangers v Derby County

Gritstone Ram

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even with the victorties under Wassall, the tactics have been shocking. It's been purely down to the personnel on the pitch having more quality than some of the p*ss poor teams we've faced. Tonight he went to a 4 4 2 in the second half and that made us even more open down the middle. I fear that against the good teams we'll be blown away tactically. If Darren gets us into the play offs I'll be happy but I don't we'll progress further than that because he doesn't know how to set a team up. DW is the player's mate and that bugs me because that shouldn't be the case. The manager shouldn't be your mate. Because I feel like the disappointing results won't fire the team to perform better, the players would just be happy with a mediocre performance because the manager isn't harsh enough on them because they're all pals. That's not good enough. 

Cold, damp and very disappointing this evening. Ground was half empty, very little support for home team until they went in front. 

We were really poor after a bright opening ten minutes. 

Not much more to say other than it will be a long journey home tonight for 1200 of us. :( 

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Clement no wins in his first 6 matches, Wassall 3 wins in his first 6.

Spin it anyway you choose...

First 6 matches blimey he had just arrived from Spain and we played better teams than we are playing now in the last 6 

He lost 5 games in 30 and we were top  Boxing Day  

07tFPxV1.jpg

I'm in my way back home from the game. It was shocking. I'm normally a person who likes to take a step back and analyse after things have calmed down a bit but we looked like we were lacking desire throughout the team.

Everyone was extremely static with no off the ball movement and it seemed Wassall didn't want our full backs to push on past our wingers. It basically made every Derby fan in the ground extremely frustrated with Olsson and Christie. 

Our best play came from long balls to Martin or behind their defence but it was too little too late most of the time. 

I understand this season is about consolidation but I don't want to get promoted if this is the type of football we'll be playing!

Now on train home. We didn't deserve anything from that. QPR played some neat football and we played waaaaaaay too deep. 

Ince just wasn't in it and it frustrates me no end. I'm not blaming him either. It really felt like his team mates weren't passing to him. I still maintain that someone with his skill is wasted on either wing and should be given a more central attacking role. 

Hendrick was head and shoulders above any of our players when he came on. Hanson was very average and I don't understand why he is even playing TBH. Russel started well and Keogh was solid as ever. No one else stood out. 

Nephew was at game and said we just couldn't keep the ball for any length of time. Odd rare patches ( very rare ) when we got the ball on the deck we didn't look too desperate but overall very poor and dispiriting.

ok .. So what do we do about it .. How do we lift the team ? We can't claim to be fans if we only moan. Trouble is at the moment I think we Are going to have to revert to some sort of pagan sacrifice and pray the footballing gods are amused and thus reward us with something to cheer about cos I am right out of ideas at the moment and it appears that DW is as well 

14 minutes ago, Shang said:

I'm in my way back home from the game. It was shocking. I'm normally a person who likes to take a step back and analyse after things have calmed down a bit but we looked like we were lacking desire throughout the team.

Everyone was extremely static with no off the ball movement and it seemed Wassall didn't want our full backs to push on past our wingers. It basically made every Derby fan in the ground extremely frustrated with Olsson and Christie. 

Our best play came from long balls to Martin or behind their defence but it was too little too late most of the time. 

I understand this season is about consolidation but I don't want to get promoted if this is the type of football we'll be playing!

Fell sorry for all the 1200 die hard fans who went to the game tonight. Hope you all have a safe journey  home.

4 minutes ago, BarrowRam said:

Fell sorry for all the 1200 die hard fans who went to the game tonight. Hope you all have a safe journey  home.

Don't feel sorry for me I live in London! The other fans I truly feel sorry for!

Likewise I'm London-based so just got home.

To echo some other folks here we were very poor. Had a bright spell for first 10 mins then dropped off and sat deep.

Made lots of sideway passes, lots of backward passes and very little going forward. Left Martin totally isolated. Couldn't keep the ball or string two passes together for long spells - Russell in particular kept giving the ball away. 

After 70 mins of that Wassell finally decided to change things up. Had a bright spell for 20 minutes - with Hendrick the standout player - but the second goal killed us.

Never really looked like scoring - in fact the whole game reminded me of how we use to play under Clough (following up a promising home win with a dreadful away performance). 

Yes, it seems we take 2 steps forward then 1 back, if this is the Derby way then God help us, I was so happy on Boxing Day, oh how the season has changed, what we need next is the right manager to be given full control on playing matters and time to do the job, this is the only way forward. Hope we are up for the battle when Forest come to the ipro on the 19th of March.

I think we lost it in midfield its been a massive problem all season especially this year. Henry, Faurlin and Chery made us look like school boys tonight.

If Hanson starts again I will be highly suprised after his performance tonight and at the weekend imo, Thorne should be returned to his rightful place at CDM. The only other person that can sort out that midfield is Hughes I think. Butterfield just isnt the same he scores a few goals yes but lacks the same awareness as Prince WIlliam.

We were complete **** tonight. To a man. Front to back. The subs were no better. It was really, really bad. And worrying. Reminded me of Forest away. Butterfield (I'm a huge fan) may as well have had a QPR shirt on, Olsson atrocious, Martin and Bryson on the periphery, our centre backs unable to mark up. Really bad. Went for it a bit late on, got nothing other than a second goal against us. 

Dispirited is the word. And having just heard Wassall's waffle, I feel even worse, the chap's mental. 

I'm guessing three or four changes again, no clues, no ideas and myself walking out of another effing ground wondering where my Derby went. Because this isn't it. Joyless.

Keogh - as per - my man of the match with a 5 out of 10. Shocking night. Where's the pub?

Archived