Who next?

Sparkle

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, cosmic said:

If DW is to take charge till the end of the season, then we obviously have a new manager already in the frame who can't start until the summer due to contractual reasons.

Manuel Pellegrini is out of contract in the summer... :ph34r:

or Mel wants to see if another unproven coach might come good.

26 minutes ago, Daveo said:

I don't mind giving it a go, I keep reading on here how easy it is to manage a club that has spent £25m and how their dogs, grans and missus could do better. Won't ask for much money, 1k pw would have me living more than comfortably but I'd need someone to pick me up each morning from Grimsby for training and the matches.

You would have to pay me more than £1k to drive into Grimsby.

8 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

Oscar Garcia did nothing at Brighton! Can't believe people don't won't Nigel Pearson. He ripped the league apart two seasons ago with Leicester and really gets his teams playing fast flowing football! 

I'm struggling to understand the criticism of Pearson's playing style. To me it seems like he focuses on developing attacks as quickly as possible through sharp passing and intelligent movement. Many seem to have forgotten just how attacking his Leicester side actually were.

4 hours ago, Alan Ramage 4 EVA said:

When Tommy Docherty came to Derby as manager I vowed never to go whilst he was in charge ,

I feel the same way now regarding Nigel Pearson,I can`t believe his name has been mentioned,he is a RAVING LUNATIC !

If he does come as the next manager I won`t be attending any more matches.

Potentially a season ticket up for Grabs!

Love a bargain me....:lol:

Love to see Pearson on a contract till the end of the season.

If I'd had a preference & he'd been available it would have been Chris Hughton. What he's done since arriving at Brighton is perform a minor miracle based on the mess they were in when he arrived after Hyypia. I haven't seen a bad new player that he's brought in yet over the last 12 months. But of course he was given time to structure a successful team, Clement wasn't. 

If Mel Morris is as demanding as he's obviously proving to be then I would think any quality manager would think twice before joining Derby as a manager now. But of course someone will take it, but who ?.

Nicholson tweeted this. Cryptic clue that the search for a new manager for this season is well underway? He also says DW til the end of the season "is what the club are saying", but the club also said PC has a minimum of a full season at the very least & will be our very own SAF.

Let's imagine ourselves sitting (kneeling?) opposite Chairman Mel and being interviewed to be the next Coach or Manager of DCFC - starting next season obviously.

Mel asks whether I have any questions. Thanks Chairman, I do have some concerns.

1. Schteve has a much better reputation as a coach than I have. Why did you sack him?
  2. Paul is a lovely and intelligent guy but never had the personality to be a No 1. Why did you appoint him?
  3. Will the style of play be mine or yours?
  4. No, not a plan that 'we' develop. If I'm to be the Coach, I expect it to be my plan. You do not agree?
  5. Ah, so if I am to be the Coach, will you be the Manager?
  6. I see. Are your credentials for that role any greater than those of your 30,000 fellow supporters?
  7. Will I, and I alone, decide who stays, who comes and who goes - in management and playing staff?
  8. Will you ever be coming into the dressing room again?
  9. Might I put a lock on the door and put the only key in my pocket?
  10. If the senior players go behind my back to you, will you listen to them or kick them back down to me?
  11. Will I have the authority to instruct Darren Wassall to sit behind me in the dugout, or have you given him a season ticket to sit behind you in the Directors' Box?
  12. If the latter, why?
  13. Your CEO seems a pleasant guy. What exactly is his role?
  14. Do I report to him or to you?
  15. Would you just settle my expenses for this interview please? I wish DCFC well.

How about Darren wassall for the next permanet manager ?? Stay with me here ! But if he comes in and does a good job , plays the football we've all been craving and even gets us promotion then why not ? He knows the club top too bottom , knows the "derby way " and seems to be doing a good job with the under 21 s . People screaming out for brendan Rodgers,  well he only started in the same way , youth coach and Chelsea landed the Swansea job !

Archived