Who next?

Sparkle

20 minutes ago, Srg said:

Again though, 6 years is a hell of a long time in football. He has a hint of football dinosaur about him. I get what he did a while ago was quite impressive, but I wouldn't be enamoured.

Each to their own then... For me he has a proven track record of significantly improving teams and he has a history of successfully delivering whilst playing decent football... Plus an obvious affinity with the midlands...

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Wish these 'Sky sources' could provide names of the 30 + interested managers

Seems an odd thing to say, "dismissed". Aren't they compiling a short-list? That's what another skysports article said.

Just now, SaintRam said:

Seems an odd thing to say, "dismissed". Aren't they compiling a short-list? That's what another skysports article said.

In the past few days Sky Sports/Rob Dorsett have said we're in contact with Pearson, we've rejected 30+ managers, we've made a short-list and also that a number of managers currently in work have applied. Meanwhile Owen Bradley and the rest of the Derby journalists have said Wassall has been given the chance to prove himself for the job. We need @SuperDerbySuperRams to shed some light ;)

Just now, Duracell said:

Says we dismissed more than 30 approaches. Doesn't mean we haven't had more approaches than that...

True. Just dismissed the approaches from the loonies and Dougie Freedman 

Just now, Duracell said:

Says we dismissed more than 30 approaches. Doesn't mean we haven't had more approaches than that...

True, also, if you're getting approaches from people like Colin Calderwood, Peter Reid, Neil Warnock, Tim Sherwood or Phil Brown then you're quite rightly dismissing them.

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

Depends on the merits of the "more than 30" I suppose. They could all be badly worded emails from random Derby and Forest fans for all we know.

Probably one of the best jobs you could possibly get if you're an up and coming manager or a manager out of work looking for a route to the Premier League without joining a team in a relegation battle.

• Likely to get a very generous wage
  • Inherit an already brilliant Championship squad
  • Invested in academy players for the future
  • A chairman willing to invest in the squad
  • And best of all, you don't even have to get promotion immediately like most clubs in Derby's position would demand. You just need to play attacking football and play the odd academy player here and there

Just now, toddy said:

Just a shame Wassall will see out the season, I have still got nightmares about that Ipswich game at home before Mac intervened .....

I was thinking the same but every cloud has a silver lining. If we get to the end of the season and Wassall hasn't done enough to earn the job permanently, there may be a few more managers available that aren't available now. 

Nigel Pearson: Ex-Leicester boss not lined up for Derby job

Derby County have not approached former Leicester City boss Nigel Pearson about succeeding Paul Clement as their new head coach, BBC Derby Sport reports.

Pearson, 52, has been strongly linked with the role following Clement's sacking on Monday.

But the Rams are adamant Darren Wassall, who was appointed on a deal until the end of the season, will be given time to prove his worth.

Pearson was sacked by Leicester at the end of June.

Nottingham-born Pearson guided the Foxes to Premier League survival last season but was replaced by Claudio Ranieri in the summer.

But BBC Radio Derby's Owen Bradley says Pearson has not been contacted to resume his managerial career with the Rams.

He said on Twitter: "Plenty of people throwing their hat in the ring for the Derby County job, as you might expect.

"I'm told it's definitely a case of candidates making contact, rather than the club going after them."

Derby are fifth in the Championship table, six points adrift of leaders Middlesbrough.

Sky also has an article with a similar story.

interesting they mention MM and DW being family friends, didn't know that, maybe he will become the long term manager regardless of results.

28 minutes ago, toddy said:

Just a shame Wassall will see out the season, I have still got nightmares about that home game against Ipswich  before Mac intervened at HT.....

I would imagine we are all a little nervous how this Saturday will pan out bearing in mind Ipswich but personally I think its a different scenario. Lets just see if they turn up to play for him/themselves/the club. A good performance this weekend and I will feel a whole lot easier.

Would we look abroad or are we looking at the same old usual suspects that come off the bench, get sacked, come off the bench, move clubs, get sacked, come off the bench...

Nice to see teams dare try someone a little less predictable. 

But unlike our player recruitment I hope we get someone who actually fits.

On 2/8/2016 at 19:02, Simsy said:

Surely it will be Rowett. Looks like i need my speech taken away because i like Sherwood! did a good job at spurs and has passion. Villa are ***** and no manager could of saved them.

Please god no.

If I ever see a gilet being thrown from a man's body in anger at the Ipro I will have to end all ties with the club I love. 

Archived