Who next?

Sparkle

Just now, MuespachRam said:

So long as we don't appoint someone now to take over in the summer....

Unless it's someone amazing, who we'd consider out of our league, I agree with you. That would be the worst case imo.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Oh god no.... that honk..!

1 hour ago, ramsbottom said:

I think that's an indicator that Darren will only be in charge for the short term...

On a further note.  Now Bill-eh's out the way, Natalie Jackson yay or nay???

Yey but from behind. 

11 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

that is all well and good but what happens if Wassel gets us promoted? Which is still a possibility...then would we sack him off..? Crap idea, we either have to get stick with Wasell and then look at the end of the season or get someone in now (which I think they will do)

That's the point. If MM wanted to recruit internally he wouldn't have gone out and got Clement on whatever wages he was reported to be on. I personally don't think DW in the PL is what Mel would want with the investment he's put in. It's not a new case either. Brentford announced early that Warburton would be gone even with a chance of promotion. Again with Brentford they had Carsley as first-team interim coach but he didn't want that job. Academy coaching is what he liked and what he wanted to do. With Wassall being here so long, I wouldn't be surprised if it's a similar case for him.

If there's an agreement that Wassall is here until the end of the season regardless of what happens then everyone knows where they stand. If we got promoted then MM says thanks for that Darren, you can go back to the academy now, I imagine a lot of people would be miffed. It's clear that the search is beginning. If we find a candidate Mel genuinely likes and thinks is a good match I think he would be hired or at least announced, rather than told to wait and see what Wassall does first.

I was a bit surprised yesterday but cautiously optimistic that maybe we had a plan. Against the tide  maybe but is it just me feel much MORE depressed today? PC was struggling but at least I had hope he 'could' turn it around. Since then I have heard fans say they would like managers including Igor, O'Driscoll, Warnock, Monk, Hoddle..! Other options seem fairly unproven Rowett, Garcia...or horrible and risky like Pearson..or just downright fanciful...like Rogers. The season felt alive a few days ago, now it feels like the club have said there is no rush... 

On 09/02/2016 at 11:07, cheron85 said:

Yes please...

We were linked with him pre-Nigel as I recall... 

That would explain the June thing....but wait....there's this other bloke at the Euros as well...Irish....second in command to Martin O'Neill.....name escapes me right now..... Rory Deane or something like that....give me a second, it'll come to me.

6 hours ago, Reithe glas said:

That would explain the June thing....but wait....there's this other bloke at the Euros as well...Irish....second in command to Martin O'Neill.....name escapes me right now..... Rory Deane or something like that....give me a second, it'll come to me.

More likely the main man in charge of Eire I would suspect and we would fit his parameters probably as well.

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

More likely the main man in charge of Eire I would suspect and we would fit his parameters probably as well.

Martin O'Neill would be a great choice. I'd say the international thing probably suits him a lot better though, he is pushing on a bit at this stage. (Doesn't time fly?)

1 minute ago, Reithe glas said:

Martin O'Neill would be a great choice. I'd say the international thing probably suits him a lot better though, he is pushing on a bit at this stage. (Doesn't time fly?)

nothing of note at club level for over 10 years, no ta.

35 minutes ago, Srg said:

nothing of note at club level for over 10 years, no ta.

Only real 'failure' has been a single season at Sunderland... And his spell at Villa only ended in 2010... where he managed to get them to finish 6th 3 yrs on the trot... Can you even imagine Villa finishing top half now?

3 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Only real 'failure' has been a single season at Sunderland... And his spell at Villa only ended in 2010... where he managed to get them to finish 6th 3 yrs on the trot... Can you even imagine Villa finishing top half now?

Again though, 6 years is a hell of a long time in football. He has a hint of football dinosaur about him. I get what he did a while ago was quite impressive, but I wouldn't be enamoured.

9 minutes ago, Srg said:

Again though, 6 years is a hell of a long time in football. He has a hint of football dinosaur about him. I get what he did a while ago was quite impressive, but I wouldn't be enamoured.

I'd have agreed totally with you 12 months ago but what he did with the Irish team was really impressive. Mostly lower league players, no player from the top 6 prem sides, qualified from a group including Germany, Poland and Scotland, taking 3 points off the Germans and most importantly turning it around when it wasn't looking good and everyone was screaming about how bad things were.

Archived