Who next?

Sparkle

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, cheron85 said:

Yes please...

We were linked with him pre-Nigel as I recall... 

I have it on good authority that we were very close to appointing MoN when the LoG were in charge. I believe terms had been agreed but he could only commit to doing it part-time. Billy Davies got the job instead if memory serves me right.

I believe that it will be tough to get managers for next season

It has been widely reported that Mel Morris went into the changing room and we sacked a manager when we were 5th in the league, I believe we will be able to get a decent manager but I hope these facts don't sway the opinion of a potential candidate.

I would love Rowett here but he has signed a new deal, this means more money to buy him out yet Birmingham need the money. Depends if Rowett would come to a club in the same league for next season.

1 minute ago, toddy said:

Wassall till the end of the season? Might as well have kept Clement on if we intended to finish mid table

I'm amazed how strong some opinions are about people with such little information available to form them.

2 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

I think that's an indicator that Darren will only be in charge for the short term...

On a further note.  Now Bill-eh's out the way, Natalie Jackson yay or nay???

Depends on how much you have to look at. Probably nay. 

Now PC's gone, I am at least satisfied that we're handling his replacement in the right manner. No rushing. No uncertainties, we've said DW will be here until the end of the season, so now the players can get on with it.

I do think, however that the search is well underway already and should we find a suitable candidate to take over immediately, then we may well do that. We're still in a good position. Win our next 5 and we could well be in to the top 2 again, it can change that quickly.

We also have the option of announcing the successor but with the intentions to start in the summer. A bit like Forest did with Pearce. Doing this would allow us to continue however we're doing without any interruptions then start clean in the summer with the new guy, who would already be working alongside others at the club to identify targets and a plan for the 2016/17 season.

1 minute ago, Kernow said:

Now PC's gone, I am at least satisfied that we're handling his replacement in the right manner. No rushing. No uncertainties, we've said DW will be here until the end of the season, so now the players can get on with it.

I do think, however that the search is well underway already and should we find a suitable candidate to take over immediately, then we may well do that. We're still in a good position. Win our next 5 and we could well be in to the top 2 again, it can change that quickly.

We also have the option of announcing the successor but with the intentions to start in the summer. A bit like Forest did with Pearce. Doing this would allow us to continue however we're doing without any interruptions then start clean in the summer with the new guy, who would already be working alongside others at the club to identify targets and a plan for the 2016/17 season.

that is all well and good but what happens if Wassel gets us promoted? Which is still a possibility...then would we sack him off..? Crap idea, we either have to get stick with Wasell and then look at the end of the season or get someone in now (which I think they will do)

2 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

that is all well and good but what happens if Wassel gets us promoted? Which is still a possibility...then would we sack him off..? Crap idea, we either have to get stick with Wasell and then look at the end of the season or get someone in now (which I think they will do)

I don't think now and the end of the season are the only options. But I agree that I don't think Wassall will make it to the end of the season. Some time between now and then, we'll appoint someone. 

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

I don't think now and the end of the season are the only options. But I agree that I don't think Wassall will make it to the end of the season. Some time between now and then, we'll appoint someone. 

So long as we don't appoint someone now to take over in the summer....

Archived