Who next?

Sparkle

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

What about Hoddle? Would play the style of football Morris wants us to play

I'd rather stab my own eyes out with a rusty spoon thanks... The man is scum...

http://www.theguardian.com/football/1999/jan/30/newsstory.sport7

Doesn't really matter who gets called 'coach' from now on since Mad Old Uncle Mel seems to want to pick the team, do the team talks and run everything himself... I'm fairly sure Sam Rush is looking over his shoulder now since it won;t be long before Mel decides he wants to do the CEO role too...

Unless Mel gets back in his (directors) box and leaves the football to someone else we are SCREWED people...

Mel Morris = The new Fawaz...

I wonder if they realised quite quickly that PC wasn't taking to the role how they thought he would. 

Mel's stated that he wanted to slip back into the background. Everything we've seen so far, kind of contradicts that. Perhaps he hasn't felt able to step back yet because he became increasingly unconvinced by PC. Even when we were winning games we looked far from convincing.

Hopefully, if that were the case, then it's a lesson learned, and an even more focussed effort to make sure we get the right man in this time so that we're not going through this again in six months time.

Former Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers says he has turned down five opportunities to return to management since leaving Anfield, including offers from Premier League clubs.

Rodgers was sacked by Liverpool in October 2015 after a run of one win from nine games, bringing to an end his three-year stint in charge.

The former Swansea City boss was linked with a return to the Liberty Stadium in December after Garry Monk was sacked, and Rodgers confirmed he held discussions with chairman Huw Jenkins about the vacancy.

"I have had five opportunities since I left Liverpool to get back into work, all at clubs I really respect," Rodgers told beIN Sports. "But I just felt I wanted to take some time out. It is very intense when you are in the game.

"I spoke to Huw Jenkins, the chairman and people I know well, but I made it clear and I was pretty open. Swansea is a wonderful club and there were also a couple of other Premier League clubs I could have gone back to.

"But I wasn't going to be available to come into a club before the summer. I enjoy the scrutiny and life of being at the leading edge of the game, but the opportunity that presented itself when I left Liverpool gave me the chance to go away for the first time in five years.

"I can sit and reflect on how I work and can improve and I hope my next club will benefit from that. I had the same situation when I left Reading in December [2009].

"I had a bit of time out and my next club, Swansea, benefited from that and it went well, as it did at Liverpool for a period. So I hope this will be the same and then I will look to get back somewhere by pre-season."

Rodgers hopes to be back in work this summer, although not necessarily in England.

"I am open. It is where I feel I can go in and make a difference: a job that will excite me," he added.

"It doesn't have to necessarily be at a top club. It can be at home or abroad. It is just about finding the right opportunity, one that will excite me to go in and somewhere I can help make better."

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/10160925/brendan-rodgers-has-had-five-opportunities-since-liverpool-exit

5 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I'd rather stab my own eyes out with a rusty spoon thanks... The man is scum...

http://www.theguardian.com/football/1999/jan/30/newsstory.sport7

Doesn't really matter who gets called 'coach' from now on since Mad Old Uncle Mel seems to want to pick the team, do the team talks and run everything himself... I'm fairly sure Sam Rush is looking over his shoulder now since it won;t be long before Mel decides he wants to do the CEO role too...

Unless Mel gets back in his (directors) box and leaves the football to someone else we are SCREWED people...

Mel Morris = The new Fawaz...

Wheres the proof he picks the team?, show me actual quotes from players or PC that states Mel picks the team?

Playground rumours, that's all and I cannot believe people are falling for it.

Madness

Ffs people get real ,, if I was Mel Morris and I was picking the team I would fu;)/:g sack clement for letting me ,, 

good god we took a punt on a very highly regarded number two making his first step up to number one and it's not worked results apart whether it be the poor ones at the start , the decent ones in the middle or the bad ones in the end,,,, the football has been dire and going backwards and can any one of us hand on heart really say that what we saw over the time he's been here we were excited for the future with PC? Now honest answers please , did you see and hear enough from PC to excite you for the future with him?

10 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

Wheres the proof he picks the team?, show me actual quotes from players or PC that states Mel picks the team?

Playground rumours, that's all and I cannot believe people are falling for it.

Madness

We have actual proof that Morris goes into the changing room to 'talk' to the players after/before a game... The owner should NOT be doing that... The rumours which I've heard from several sources seem like logical progressions after knowing that...

Don't get me wrong... The football we've been playing has not been the exciting, attacking football I want to watch (and Mel seems to want to watch that too) but the owner should not have as much involvement with football affairs as Uncle Mel seems to...

2 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

We have actual proof that Morris goes into the changing room to 'talk' to the players after/before a game... The owner should NOT be doing that... The rumours which I've heard from several sources seem like logical progressions after knowing that...

Don't get me wrong... The football we've been playing has not been the exciting, attacking football I want to watch (and Mel seems to want to watch that too) but the owner should not have as much involvement with football affairs as Uncle Mel seems to...

And why shouldnt he?, he goes in for the most part to congratulate them surely after the good run we had, we are going backwards so why shouldnt he be in there. how do you know he wasnt trying to gee them up after the poor results.

The rumours you have heard are just that, rumours. Like I said there is no proof and PC or come to that matter, no coach would stand for a chairman picking his team.

Madness

15 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

And why shouldnt he?, he goes in for the most part to congratulate them surely after the good run we had, we are going backwards so why shouldnt he be in there. how do you know he wasnt trying to gee them up after the poor results.

The rumours you have heard are just that, rumours. Like I said there is no proof and PC or come to that matter, no coach would stand for a chairman picking his team.

Madness

1) That's the job of the Manager/Coach whatever you want to call them

2) I remain unconvinced

I'm not trying to claim that any of the rumours I've heard are fact btw... Just that I can see the logical progression that makes sense... Morris too heavily involved in football operations, we have proof he's always in the dressing room, after a bad game he went down and had a go at players (possibly the manager too?), seems a bit like Clement has 'lost' the dressing room (something which could happen if the players think he's being undermined by the owner?) and all the 'fantasy football' buys which keep coming in (anyone think Bent, Weimann, Shackell etc were Clement's choice? I suspect it was Uncle Mel's shopping list...)

We know he answer to the question,don't we. Its Darren Wassall,apparently until

the end of the season. Do we believe this? surely we have to. So why all the speculation

they don't have to take any action until the end of the season,do they? We will then know

who is available,the whole present situation will have changed. What we can say is that

given the job parameters that have been set,and the way they are now treating the managers

whoever takes the job must be mad. Or on the other hand clever. All he needs to do is take

the job,get sacked,take the money and run. Seems to me the owner has made a rod for his

own back

Just now, top 6 finish said:

We know he answer to the question,don't we. Its Darren Wassall,apparently until

the end of the season. Do we believe this? surely we have to. So why all the speculation

they don't have to take any action until the end of the season,do they? We will then know

who is available,the whole present situation will have changed. What we can say is that

given the job parameters that have been set,and the way they are now treating the managers

whoever takes the job must be mad. Or on the other hand clever. All he needs to do is take

the job,get sacked,take the money and run. Seems to me the owner has made a rod for his

own back

"Until the end of the season" has been used in this situation lots of times. What it essentially means is "we're not giving ourselves a deadline on the next appointment in case it takes time so no-one panics". If the right man for the job pops up in a week we'll probably hire him, if he doesn't come around until the summer than that's fine too. 

Poyet and Rosler stand out from that list

Laudrup??? Unlikely

The thought of Pearson is growing on me, as is Moyes

Id have to say I'm very worried about Wassall et al though - 5 points from the top and we seem to have given up - the play offs have to be an absolute minimum requirement for the season surely?  Even then the season will be consisdered a failure.  

I think i can handle failure again,  but i can take us becoming a joke - sort us out Mel!!!

I thought maybe Garry Monk... But I worry about the extra R in his name... I mean who does he think he is?!?!? Over-elaborating his name like that...

My fantasy choice would be Roberto Di Matteo... Knows the league, plays good football and experienced promotion... Doubt he'd come though...

2 minutes ago, Shang said:

Kevin Phillips would be an attacking minded coach for sure. Seemed to get the best out of Martin when he first started. But this goes against everyone's desire for a "proven" championship manager. 

Whilst I don't have anything at all against KP I'd be gob smacked if he becomes our next manager. I'll sure MM will go for a more proven manager this time. 

Just now, Wolfie20 said:

Not that I'm advocating him but not seen his name mentioned get - Martin O'Neill who might be available after the Euros

Well we'd certainly see a lot more of Hendrick

Archived