Who next?

Sparkle

My bet is the current players (long term) have a decent relationship with wassall , he's been part of the way we have been trying to play over the last few years and has probably had the remit of coaching the youngsters to play that way so it's a decent short term appointment as for long term could not possibly say until we see how he performs but gut says no but then look how carsley stepped up at Brentford ,, do wonder what wassell thought of PC after all when you boil it all down what he lacks in terms of calibre of clubs PC was num 2 at he probably makes up for in playing experience,,, 

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, Half fan said:

Let's imagine ourselves sitting (kneeling?) opposite Chairman Mel and being interviewed to be the next Coach or Manager of DCFC - starting next season obviously.

Mel asks whether I have any questions. Thanks Chairman, I do have some concerns.

1. Schteve has a much better reputation as a coach than I have. Why did you sack him?
  2. Paul is a lovely and intelligent guy but never had the personality to be a No 1. Why did you appoint him?
  3. Will the style of play be mine or yours?
  4. No, not a plan that 'we' develop. If I'm to be the Coach, I expect it to be my plan. You do not agree?
  5. Ah, so if I am to be the Coach, will you be the Manager?
  6. I see. Are your credentials for that role any greater than those of your 30,000 fellow supporters?
  7. Will I, and I alone, decide who stays, who comes and who goes - in management and playing staff?
  8. Will you ever be coming into the dressing room again?
  9. Might I put a lock on the door and put the only key in my pocket?
  10. If the senior players go behind my back to you, will you listen to them or kick them back down to me?
  11. Will I have the authority to instruct Darren Wassall to sit behind me in the dugout, or have you given him a season ticket to sit behind you in the Directors' Box?
  12. If the latter, why?
  13. Your CEO seems a pleasant guy. What exactly is his role?
  14. Do I report to him or to you?
  15. Would you just settle my expenses for this interview please? I wish DCFC well.

Good questions, This would be my answer if i was mel

1. 1. As I have made clear a millions times, It's about progression and improvement. Do you think finishing 8th in the league was progression?

2. Personality shouldnt come into it, tactical know how, man management etc is more important, he wasn't appointed to be the players friends. Until you give them a chance how can anyone know whether he would have been successful.

3. Please don't take any notice of the so called experts on forums who believe I call the shots on tactics, it's ridiculous and insulting to think I know more about management than my coach.

4. yes as iv'e said, don't believe the idiots on forums, your team your tactics!!

5. YOU FFS

6. No and there is absolutely no proof out there that I call the shots on team selection, formation and tactics.

7. Yes, I just pay the money, that's how it's always been.

8. If I feel like the team is playing like they are not interested, yes I will tell them, I own the club, they are my players and I pay them a **** load of money. If they sulk about it, it says more about the players than it does of me doesn't it.

9. Your winding me up ain't ya?, you can have a lock on the bog door, that's it.

10. My door is open to everyone who works for me, that includes you. If i find the player is stirring or trying to cause trouble he'll be kicked out and you will be informed. If he has a genuine problem then yes ill listen then invite you to come and have a meeting to discuss it.

11. If you want him as part of your staff, he'll sit along side you. He's a well thought of coach here and for you to suggest such things is down right disrespectful.

12. see question 11

13. Are you telling me you don't know what a ceo does?, Sam has been a massive asset to this club and will continue to be. 

14. You report to him, He's the CEO!!!!!. But you are welcome to see me too, Like i said the door is open to everyone.

15. I'll be putting in an expenses claim for your time wasting with these stupid questions. You sound too much like the so called experts on the social media. I can inform you now, you will not be getting the job.:D

16 minutes ago, valleyram said:

no that I believe anything mel morris says but the fact  that he says Darren wassal is in charge till the end of the season would suggest the guy they want wants to stay at his club till this season is over   

Brendan Rodgers just yesterday in an extensive interview said he wouldn't accept a job until the summer. If we've got someone like that lined up then the Wassall appointment for now makes sense. 

10 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

Good questions, This would be my answer if i was mel

1. 1. As I have made clear a millions times, It's about progression and improvement. Do you think finishing 8th in the league was progression?

2. Personality shouldnt come into it, tactical know how, man management etc is more important, he wasn't appointed to be the players friends. Until you give them a chance how can anyone know whether he would have been successful.

3. Please don't take any notice of the so called experts on forums who believe I call the shots on tactics, it's ridiculous and insulting to think I know more about management than my coach.

4. yes as iv'e said, don't believe the idiots on forums, your team your tactics!!

5. YOU FFS

6. No and there is absolutely no proof out there that I call the shots on team selection, formation and tactics.

7. Yes, I just pay the money, that's how it's always been.

8. If I feel like the team is playing like they are not interested, yes I will tell them, I own the club, they are my players and I pay them a **** load of money. If they sulk about it, it says more about the players than it does of me doesn't it.

9. Your winding me up ain't ya?, you can have a lock on the bog door, that's it.

10. My door is open to everyone who works for me, that includes you. If i find the player is stirring or trying to cause trouble he'll be kicked out and you will be informed. If he has a genuine problem then yes ill listen then invite you to come and have a meeting to discuss it.

11. If you want him as part of your staff, he'll sit along side you. He's a well thought of coach here and for you to suggest such things is down right disrespectful.

12. see question 11

13. Are you telling me you don't know what a ceo does?, Sam has been a massive asset to this club and will continue to be. 

14. You report to him, He's the CEO!!!!!. But you are welcome to see me too, Like i said the door is open to everyone.

15. I'll be putting in an expenses claim for your time wasting with these stupid questions. You sound too much like the so called experts on the social media. I can inform you now, you will not be getting the job.:D

Brilliant answers mwram1973. Brilliant in content and style.

If you are not Mel, you should be. Or Putin perhaps.

In fact, you are wasted as Chairman of DCFC, please go and lead the EU negotiations.

Meantime, I wonder if these answers explain why there is as yet no new coach appointed from outside the club?!

14 hours ago, Shang said:

Do you really think he'd drop down a league? He was a CL manager two seasons ago.

Apparently Monk poisoned his relationship with players and the players complained to Huw Jenkins, so would be a silly mistake to do that again.

I think it'd be a manager from overseas no ones heard before. Hope it works out like Pochettino, Jokanovic, Alex Neil etc

Rodgers has been quoted as saying does not have to be a top club next. 

1 hour ago, Half fan said:

Let's imagine ourselves sitting (kneeling?) opposite Chairman Mel and being interviewed to be the next Coach or Manager of DCFC - starting next season obviously.

Mel asks whether I have any questions. Thanks Chairman, I do have some concerns.

1. Schteve has a much better reputation as a coach than I have. Why did you sack him?
  2. Paul is a lovely and intelligent guy but never had the personality to be a No 1. Why did you appoint him?
  3. Will the style of play be mine or yours?
  4. No, not a plan that 'we' develop. If I'm to be the Coach, I expect it to be my plan. You do not agree?
  5. Ah, so if I am to be the Coach, will you be the Manager?
  6. I see. Are your credentials for that role any greater than those of your 30,000 fellow supporters?
  7. Will I, and I alone, decide who stays, who comes and who goes - in management and playing staff?
  8. Will you ever be coming into the dressing room again?
  9. Might I put a lock on the door and put the only key in my pocket?
  10. If the senior players go behind my back to you, will you listen to them or kick them back down to me?
  11. Will I have the authority to instruct Darren Wassall to sit behind me in the dugout, or have you given him a season ticket to sit behind you in the Directors' Box?
  12. If the latter, why?
  13. Your CEO seems a pleasant guy. What exactly is his role?
  14. Do I report to him or to you?
  15. Would you just settle my expenses for this interview please? I wish DCFC well.

Been told MM has been in the dressing room after every home game this season. It is only reported after a poor performance so everyone jumps to conclusions.

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Rather him than Pearson. If its true that Mel is picking the team anyway we'll have a fun time recruiting or keeping anyone decent.

wheres the actual proof he does that?, getting boring now with folks saying he picks the team. NO coach would stand for that.

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Rather him than Pearson. If its true that Mel is picking the team anyway we'll have a fun time recruiting or keeping anyone decent.

Well this will be the litmus test for that rumour won't it - who we can get in next.

If it IS Pearson then there's no way he'll stand for anyone picking the team for him and we'll hear about it pretty quickly.

IF the rumour is true, then there's no guarantee that this would continue going forward. Perhaps they totally lost ALL confidence in PC's ability to pick his own team. If it IS true then it would be interesting to know exactly when it started.

Archived