The Fawaz Circus 2016

G STAR RAM

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Edging ever closer it seems.

Might stick £1 on the words 'sleeping giant' appearing in all the varying news articles once announced.

or 'Twice European Champions', just in case you hadn't heard about that one

Is that what those stars on their shirts are for? I've often wondered - I always thought that it was some form of "reward" for being good at what you do. A bit like a worker at McDonalds - and probably explains why the Yanks are interested.

I suppose it also explains why not one of 'em has more than two.

I see a couple of months coaching from Montanier was enough to rub off on Oliver Burke.  He was showing off some theatrics at the weekend for RB Leipzig.  Surged into the box, could've gone past the keeper, but chose to give it the full William Defoe in Platoon.  Unfortunately for him the keeper got something on the ball.  Cheating a-holes...

On 12 December 2016 at 14:12, Cam the Ram said:

I can sum up the majority of their fans' excuses/opinions nicely for you in a few points:

• Bent should have been sent off
  • Johnson should have been sent off
  • Their keeper who has a reputation for poor distribution definitely intended to kick it out of play
  • Osborn was the only person in the ground who didn't know Olsson was down injured, that's why he tried to keep it in
  • With Lansbury and Assombalonga they definitely would have smashed us
  • Most of their first 11 and subs were signed on a free, loaned or came from the academy whereas ours cost millions and millions so really we should have won by more, because that's how football works
  • They'll have the last laugh because we'll fail again in the play offs

Saved me a post

The river Trent must be flowing red tonight with the amount of blood-letting on their forum. You can't blame them really.

This quote sums it up."No energy, no ball retention, **** passing, poor tackling. What more do you want for £15,000 a week?"

Bloody hell. I'd be bricking it if that was my club.

New owner due in, window around the corner, manager under threat, best players crocked, squad harmony non-existant.

Next month goes wrong, they could easily be in a relegation scrap. Or is that just wishful thinking?

54 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Imagine that will make him popular in the dressing room!

On the other hand, it will make him popular with the fans. And rightly so, because he's clearly the only player they've got with a cast iron set of whatsits on him.

If it makes him unpopular with the other players, then that's good from a Forest perspective. At least someone's taking a stand.

I know it's Forest, but it infuriates me as a football fan to see players who don't respect the opportunity they have. We've been lucky in recent years at Derby. Not since the days of Jewell really can we say our players don't care about the club. Sometimes it's felt like it, with the miserable looking faces of Baird and Johnson and the like from time to time but at least we could say that it was a passion for football that made them so downhearted when they struggled. At least they cared enough to be miserable.

Forest's lot didn't seem remotely bothered after we tonked them 3-0. Hildeberto Pereira even went over to applaud the Forest fans half-heartedly, as if he didn't even know what the score had been. He got a lot of stick from the Forest fans and it didn't seem to bother him one jot that in that moment he was hated by his own fans. All part of the routine I suppose.

As a Derby fan, it's really bittersweet. It's great to watch them crumble and all, but it would be much more enjoyable if they were really really trying really really hard and failing rather than just failing with only a passing interest in success.

Archived