Derby v Burnley

Chris Mills

God there's some girls on here. It's not even October yet. New manager, new players, new style. IT. WILL. TAKE. TIME. I'm delighted we're only 1 point off the play offs at this stage, and I certainly would of taken that in July.. I can see serious potential in this team. 

Really enjoyed the game today. Two excellent defences. Some may crave free flowing attacking football, with end to end drama, but me being old fashioned, really enjoyed that. Back 4 excellent 

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

anyone want to comment on the 2-3 times carson got the ball, with weimann clearly in the better position, clearly calling for carson to kick the ball down the pitch and further up the pitch, but he slows it down and waits for russell to start running before attempting to pass it to him and not weimann?

The point is how small the margins are. No point bringing the play off final to support your already faltering argument, that was a one off game where you can't comeback from the "ifs" afterwards.

My point is that 1-0 Derby and rammyboy is buzzing we're just 4 points off second, and wondering why his second pube is getting longer. But 0-0 and its doomsday, end the season now. Well done to Boro & Brighton who are in the insurmountable positions of 20 & 17 points after 8 games.

A good performance against a very strong team. They defended very well, but they could hardly threaten our goal at all as defensively we look superb, Keogh is a new man currently and Christie looked solid offensively and defensively.

You can see this team are so close to clicking and that is understandable considering all the new signings and manger change, but when it clicks we are going to be a force to reckon with and are going to storm up the table.

COYR!

we will get into our groove and be sheet hot at some point this season, but will it be quick enough for top 2?

I think we'll get top 6 myself.

Bryson will work well in what Clement is wanting to do I think. GT not crocked. Ince yet to fire properly. Have we coped with set backs, been hard to beat and improved as the games have gone on?

Everything went well tonight, thought we dominated the game completely, Burnley never looked like scoring, we battered them until we got into the last third, then we lost any idea what to do. To be fair we never looked like scoring.......

We have to learn how to break down a banks of 4 , because every team will come here and set out their stall. Clement has to start using his coaching skills andand start earning his cash.

I have seen that interview at the end of the Sky game, with Higginbotham and Clement looks so uncomfortable...

As a couple of people mention, I don't think we passed the ball left enough. Would be interesting to see one of those action areas charts. As a result, Johnson and Weimann weren't in the game enough. Christie did well but I think it we had switched the play more, things could have opened up more. I was a bit worried before the game, but we've showed tonight we can outplay one of the strongest sides. Won't be long until we start clicking up front. Lots of new players and teams defend deep against us at home. Win your away matches and draw at home and we'll be fine!

I nearly fell off my bar stool and nearly woke the farmer up, when Keogh flew in with that header and managed to put too much of his head on it, to send the chance over the bar, I'd waded in at 12/1 for him to score anytime in the game.

Maybe I'll stick some cash on the farmer to score at MK Dons instead.

Super Richard Keogh.

Everything went well tonight, thought we dominated the game completely, Burnley never looked like scoring, we battered them until we got into the last third, then we lost any idea what to do. To be fair we never looked like scoring.......

We have to learn how to break down a banks of 4 , because every team will come here and set out their stall. Clement has to start using his coaching skills andand start earning his cash.

I have seen that interview at the end of the Sky game, with Higginbotham and Clement looks so uncomfortable...

My take, for what it is worth: 

I don't think we look like a very good team. I know we have good players, but the team looks subpar. I don't know why I should be surprised, because it's been the case for most of 2015, but nothing has changed since Clement has come in.

I don't want to sound negative, because it's not really my nature, but the side looks so disjointed. I don't get why we proceed to try and cross the ball into the box all the time. It's very one dimensional and it's all too easy to read. 

We should have seen that game out, and with a little more creativity and spark we would have done. 

I can't help shake the feeling that Clement has bought a Ferrari and drives it like a Vauxhall. I'm starved of inventive attacking football. 

My take, for what it is worth: 

I don't think we look like a very good team. I know we have good players, but the team looks subpar. I don't know why I should be surprised, because it's been the case for most of 2015, but nothing has changed since Clement has come in.

I don't want to sound negative, because it's not really my nature, but the side looks so disjointed. I don't get why we proceed to try and cross the ball into the box all the time. It's very one dimensional and it's all too easy to read. 

We should have seen that game out, and with a little more creativity and spark we would have done. 

I can't help shake the feeling that Clement has bought a Ferrari and drives it like a Vauxhall. I'm starved of inventive attacking football. 

Easily the best performance of the season. Just lacked that little bit with the final ball or shot, which on another day could be different. 

Thought Keogh and Christie were brilliant in particular. Butterfield grew into it well, also. 

Burnley are a tough team. Good at defending as a team but they haven't a single clue how to play any actual football. Horrible percentage balls into "areas" all game. Disgusting stuff to watch, and they could've stole it thanks to a couple of errors. 

No doubt we deserved a slice of luck for the 3 points there. 

Really? We must have been f**king sh** in quite a few games then.

Obviously whoever said we're too far back is talking absolute crap, but I wasnt really very impressed tonight.

Serious lack of invention and craft, I could have found 11 players to defend against us. If you're going to punt aimless crosses and go that route, you've got to pile the box more. Too many times we lacked numbers in the box. 

Weimann has got a lot to prove now, showed very little so far. Prepared to give him time though.

Says a lot, that for all our possession, they had the two best opportunities second half.

Archived