Derby v Burnley

Chris Mills

Tough game, always hard when one team parks the bus. Created plenty of chances, by far the better side but credit to Burnley's defence as well.

Carson makes me nervous punching the ball

Christie just needs to find that end product

Keogh looks like a new player

Weimann didn't do to bad, would have liked to seen a bit more from him but for his first start did ok

Johnson looked quiet

Russell showing again why he's a fan favourite

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watched this on the TV. Glad I did now. Attacking display was awful. I have told others to be patient. But we are into the season enough now. The movement, passing and finishing is shocking in the final third. Butterfield and Johnson were alright. But Hanson came on and showed that he wanted it. I hope his enthusiasm is contagious. 

Christie played well .... Keogh had a very solid game Dominated the game in general but final ball was absolutely awful,  Russel played well, ran out of steam towards the end .... Not sure we'd have scored tonight even if we'd have had another 90 minutes ..... I'm sorry but Weimann looks out of his depth, so wanted him to shine but at one stage tonight I forgot he was on the pitch.

Overall a good performance just need to find the end product.... I think we are a short step away from really hammering someone 

4 on target is piss poor with the quality we have available.

Everything was very good except the final 3rd, I thought Burnley were crap, come for the draw.

Every team  will come here lining up with banks of 4  -we have to break them down, we seem to lack ideas in the final 3rd  and its about time Clements starts to earn his money.I have just heard Danny Higgenbottom saying Derby should be doing better in front of goal with the players they have -totally agree.

Everything was very good except the final 3rd, I thought Burnley were crap, come for the draw.

Every team  will come here lining up with banks of 4  -we have to break them down, we seem to lack ideas in the final 3rd  and its about time Clements starts to earn his money.I have just heard Danny Higgenbottom saying Derby should be doing better in front of goal with the players they have -totally agree.

It will take the team a few more games to gel, but i feel we are getting better.  Christie had a very good game, he obviously came to prove a point this evening.  Dyche calls us the clear market leaders in his interview on Sky and thanks the heavens for not losing the game, well he's still a *****.

Razor blades are out I see. . . 

Let me me put some context into this, Burnley have come off the back of 4 wins, 4 wins! and we nullified them, we were the better team. Burnley are rock solid defensively, it was always going to be hard to score against them.

those saying it's October now and we should be winning blah blah, we've just come off the back of 2 away wins! We're unbeaten in three games ffs! 

we look solid at the back and our midfield are brand new barring Thorne!! give it time jesus Christ, they will gel. We will get stronger and stronger as the season goes on, our attack will click. I like what Clements doing 

Derby are essentially predictable - the second worst thing in football. The worst thing is being crap.Too slow for me. Where is the ability to really accelerate out of defence? We look very solid in defence but leaving a striker free on the penalty spot has not been eradicated. It can be argued that we are getting there but Boro may be getting away from us. Pity about ince being injured. Weimann is not up to it for me.I must say that I am a bit lost for ideas but at the end of the day it is difficult to beat nine men in the penalty area.

Razor blades are out I see. . . 

Let me me put some context into this, Burnley have come off the back of 4 wins, 4 wins! and we nullified them, we were the better team. Burnley are rock solid defensively, it was always going to be hard to score against them.

those saying it's October now and we should be winning blah blah, we've just come off the back of 2 away wins! We're unbeaten in three games ffs! 

we look solid at the back and our midfield are brand new barring Thorne!! give it time jesus Christ, they will gel. We will get stronger and stronger as the season goes on, our attack will click. I like what Clements doing 

Archived