Derby v Burnley

Chris Mills

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the lads were unlucky tonight not to win we had plently of shots on goal and cleared of the line and hit the post. If we play at a higher tempo I am sure we shall win more than we lose. And we have got 7 points out of 9. We are also in promation form I good win on saturday we shall be in top 6 or top 5. And chasing down brighton and boro. I still think we can win the league with out a doubt.

Bad turn of phrase on my part. 

We've swapped a dangerous attack and a suicidal defence for a solid defence and a blunt attack.

I'm hoping it all clicks into place and we get our act together, but we're looking an absolute mile off what we did under McClaren during the 13/14 season, and for me that should be the standard. 

Some very good football played tonight from Derby,just needed a bit of luck in front of goal , and we would have won,thought Keogh was class,bringing it out of defence,Mark Wright style Keogh has real impressed this season,also thought Christee played well,and Thorne was very good antil he tired,not much wrong with us,the more games we play the better,the team will gel,I really think at the end of the season, yes we have another 38 games left , we will be top 2.

Happy enough with the performance. Don't think the tactic of full backs getting forward and lumping high crosses in does Martin any favours. Christie played well, so that's a plus. Fozzie thinks that all he has to do going forward is fire off a boomer somewhere between the far post and corner flag (usually the latter). Plenty to work on but there is improvement and we'd probably have lost that last year.

God there's some girls on here. It's not even October yet. New manager, new players, new style. IT. WILL. TAKE. TIME. I'm delighted we're only 1 point off the play offs at this stage, and I certainly would of taken that in July.. I can see serious potential in this team. 

Really enjoyed the game today. Two excellent defences. Some may crave free flowing attacking football, with end to end drama, but me being old fashioned, really enjoyed that. Back 4 excellent 

Burnley have probably got the one of the best midfields in the championship and we absolutely bossed then tonight without Hughes and a half fit Thorne. 

Lesser teams (and that's arguable around 20) in the championship will get punished. 

A goaless draw is not a bad result. 

Carson 5 - Didn't read thre potential for deflection on that shot , this is what happens when you swap keepers

Christie 9 - Always running forwards with the ball and it was Keogh who didn't close down the left wingers shot in time

Forsyth 3 - Not good passing, only things we did well was defend, tackle, win headers, make loads of runs and put crosses in 

Keogh 9 - superb performance, though i'd have only given it a 6 last year

Shackell 9 - Didn't play as well as Keogh but will give him the same mark because i still think he better than Keogh

Thorne 5 - Kept possession well and set up our goal but didn't run around enough and he had a 2 week rest !!

Butterfield 5 - Unlucky with the 30 yarder that hit the post and pssed brilliantly but no crunching tackles. Another Gladys 

Johnson 8 - Gave the ball away a lot but i loved the tackle that got him booked. Old Skool

Ince 2 - Other than beating his man and  scoring, didn't do anything and I didn't like his dad   

Martin 4 - Keeps falling over the big poof, stand up man and beat that 6'4" bloke in the air

Russell 8 - Ran all day, unlucky not to have an attempt at goal

I'm busy on Tuesday so got my report and ratings in now.

Very proud of our team tonight, thought they fought hard, won every 50/50 and even won the 25/75 s , and the passing was superb the defending excellent ... Obviously we are missing Bryson and Hughes for their clever attacking runs and vision and we clearly need to work on our final ball and when to take a shot and when not to - some of those decisions were pretty bad and low percentage. Also noticed that we would create a menacing situation then pass back and out of danger too much. But today showed why PC is light years ahead of our recent managers in creating a team that oozes defensive strength and controls a game start to finish. Excited for the games to come !

Archived