Derby v Burnley

Chris Mills

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Easily the best performance of the season. Just lacked that little bit with the final ball or shot, which on another day could be different. 

Thought Keogh and Christie were brilliant in particular. Butterfield grew into it well, also. 

Burnley are a tough team. Good at defending as a team but they haven't a single clue how to play any actual football. Horrible percentage balls into "areas" all game. Disgusting stuff to watch, and they could've stole it thanks to a couple of errors. 

No doubt we deserved a slice of luck for the 3 points there. 

If we're 7 points off second at Christmas I wouldn't be overly concerned. Looking at the quality in our squad, we're going to be able to break down defences but Dyche's sides are so well organised, you won't find many better organised than them.

Yes I agree with you there that we are playing better but what use is that when we aren't winning? I'd rather us play like we did against preston and reading and winning rather than dominating games like today and charlton and coming unstuck

We would prefer to see us win but we've picked up 7 points out the last 9 since strengthening the midfield. 20+ chances on goal against a team that parked the bus and a promotion favourite. Tonight isn't a half empty kinda night.

Hey tonight we out played them from start to finnish just would not fall for us but we had plenty of shots on goal and chances cleared of the line and burnley got lucky tonight and I think they know it.

But 7 out of possiable 9 think is not bad at all. But a bloke I heard slagging

Players off tonight did my head and hearing his young lad saying how crap the lads were I had to say something. I said to them they were not that bad and played well. And we look a lot more solid at the back. All he could come with we shoukd beating these lot.

But anyways I think if we start with a higher tempo from the off I think we shall win a lot more than we lose. 

As soon as our attack gets into their usual rhythm we should be fine. Last season the main problem was defence and now we look incredibly solid. We used to concede silly amounts of goals from set pieces and tonight we dealt with nearly all of them from a team who's scored more from set pieces than open play. We just need to find that right blend between attack and defence and take a few more risks

Only disappointments for me tonight were the lack of shots on target, the lack of shots from close range and that Butterfield seemed a bit Hendrick esque. He just seemed like he didn't want to take a risk and would play the simple option most of the time, but he did link up quite well with Russell and Christie down the right on a few occasions 

A good performance against a very strong team. They defended very well, but they could hardly threaten our goal at all as defensively we look superb, Keogh is a new man currently and Christie looked solid offensively and defensively.

You can see this team are so close to clicking and that is understandable considering all the new signings and manger change, but when it clicks we are going to be a force to reckon with and are going to storm up the table.

COYR!

Archived