Why Why Why Weimann

sage

Don't understand all of the vitriol directed at Weimann with his £2 million price tag he didn't put that price tag on his head if we were daft enough to pay it then it's hardly the boys fault. Direct the vitriol at the guy at Derby stupid enough to pay that money for a patently very average player

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Inglorius said:

Don't understand all of the vitriol directed at Weimann with his £2 million price tag he didn't put that price tag on his head if we were daft enough to pay it then it's hardly the boys fault. Direct the vitriol at the guy at Derby stupid enough to pay that money for a patently very average player

There is no vitriol. I think pity and shame are the overriding emotions. 

13 minutes ago, cosmic said:

You really think PC played for a draw today? You really he ever does? We did go for the win, we were dominant for large parts of tonight's game. 

so do you think he put his strongest team out tonight m8 i don't think so

3 minutes ago, cymru said:

so do you think he put his strongest team out tonight m8 i don't think so

He did against Sheffield Wednesday. And that was slow, flat and took longer than tonight to create anything. Same at Blackburn.

For 42 minutes it was a team of footballers 1-0 up getting kicked to death. Red card looked inevitable for Leeds

Weimann should have done better when put through.

4 minutes ago, Shang said:

I'd hate to imagine the reaction if we actually lost tonight...

I think we should create threads in advance of playing Boro. Have a load of threads in the scenario that we beat them and see the jubilation. Then another set of threads where we lose and the world is coming to an end.

Whatever the scenario I'm going to miss reading one lot of them

Absolutely astonished people still do this. Every season, people latch onto a winger (players who naturally drift in and out of form) when they have a bad/average patch and attack them, then shut up when they have a good patch. And it's always far more to do with personal agendas than the actual player.

You can make the exact same argument for pretty much every winger in the world outside of the likes of Ronaldo and Neymar, and even Ronaldo had a dry patch earlier this season!

Ince had a dry patch when Weimann was having a good patch, now Ince is having a good patch while Weimann had a dry patch. Doesn't mean either of them are awful players, to suggest they're pointless signings for ebbing and flowing like every ******* Champiosnhip winger does is absolutely ridiculous.

In 7/8 games time, Weimann will probably score a brace while Ince does f*ck all and there'll be a near identical thread about him.

27 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Absolutely astonished people still do this. Every season, people latch onto a winger (players who naturally drift in and out of form) when they have a bad/average patch and attack them, then shut up when they have a good patch. And it's always far more to do with personal agendas than the actual player.

You can make the exact same argument for pretty much every winger in the world outside of the likes of Ronaldo and Neymar, and even Ronaldo had a dry patch earlier this season!

Ince had a dry patch when Weimann was having a good patch, now Ince is having a good patch while Weimann had a dry patch. Doesn't mean either of them are awful players, to suggest they're pointless signings for ebbing and flowing like every ******* Champiosnhip winger does is absolutely ridiculous.

In 7/8 games time, Weimann will probably score a brace while Ince does f*ck all and there'll be a near identical thread about him.

Dont forget i'm not actually sure i'd class weimann as a winger, i think he is quite like ince in a way, he can play on the wing it seems. But give him a chance in the middle and create a bit of space for him and he can do wonders........I reckon we'd get more out of him playing him close to martin running off him

On 29.12.2015 at 23:45, Bris Vegas said:

Definitely need an upgrade. He makes Jamie Mackie look a desirable option.

Other than his work rate and tracking back, I can't see anything else that makes him good enough for the money we paid for him. He offers nothing going forward, absolutely nothing.

Times his runs to the box better than anyone in our team. We just doesn't use his ability with current tactic.

1 minute ago, Hinzy9 said:

Ince has had a number of quiet games but you know on his day he'll destroy the opposition. Weimann unfortunately can't, in fact apart from a few tap-ins he's done sweet fa...

He works hard though, so I guess it's ok.

The thing about Ince though is even if he has a poor game he still has the potential to produce some magic that can unlock a defence and win us a game, whereas if Russell or Weimann have a poor game they are largely ineffectual. 

But any team needs players like Weimann and Russell as they do put in 100% into every match and there energy can scare tired defences.

Three weeks ago, Ince was a waste of money according to some, basically he wasn't bothered because he 'only performs when he's looking for a new contract'.

Weimann is just going through a rough patch, and had made over 100 Premier League appearances by the time he was 24. I'm far more likely to take notice of what Paul Clement thinks than our regular messageboard muppets who have as much idea of being able to judge a player's ability as they have about astrophysics.

(Bloody astrophysicist to rip me a new one or Paul Clement to explain the Lorentz Transformations in 5....4....3....)

Archived