Why Why Why Weimann

sage

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 21/08/2015, 10:59:23, sage said:

Why have we signed Weimann?

We already knew a pacy poacher who can't hold the ball up doesn't fit our main system.

We can't play as a wide man in a front 3, making Russell look like Hazard,

Was it because we could?

For those who think this is harsh, ask yourself this question. If someone offered the £2m we paid for him would you take it?  

Did ok today.

Yes I feel Weimann did very well today,got himself in good positions,and always wanted the ball,also ran his socks off , and scored a very good goal,and added pace to the front 3 ,and I feel as the season goes on he will get better,giving Mr Clement plenty of food for thought.

3 hours ago, Gritters said:

Did ok today.

Today was his best performance so far and it was ok. I'd say he was poor (5) till he scored, then played very well (8) for 20-25 minutes before being average (6) for the rest of the game, so I'd give him a 7. I really do hope he plays like this or better for the rest of the season.    

Oh and if anyone thinks that is harsh, tell me something he did very well after the 30 minute mark.

4 hours ago, sage said:

Today was his best performance so far and it was ok. I'd say he was poor (5) till he scored, then played very well (8) for 20-25 minutes before being average (6) for the rest of the game, so I'd give him a 7. I really do hope he plays like this or better for the rest of the season.    

Oh and if anyone thinks that is harsh, tell me something he did very well after the 30 minute mark.

One off the line.

5 hours ago, RamNut said:

One off the line.

Yes, very unlucky with that. Campy just got a touch on his deft chip which took the pace off it, allowing the defender to acrobatically get it away.

If you judge him so far by his ability to menace defenses work hard and link up then he's clearly a very good player but if you judge him on finishing alone then he's been poor from the get go (which prob cost him his place) and even he'd probably concede that. He had 3 easy chances to score in addition to the goal and should have done so each time ... But I guess if he was a clinical finisher (and it may just be confidence/form) then villa would never have sold him. He needs to find his goalscoring form quickly.  That's where he contrasts to Ince who lacks weimanns all round contribution but scores almost every good chance that comes his way. When PCs hand isn't forced he will have to choose what's more important but if weimann takes his chances it will be an easier decision. 

Archived