Liam Bridcutt

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to Mel he had torn a muscle in his knee, the injury didnt allow him the height he needed on jumping to claim high balls into the box. 

I think that is a good excuse as any for his poor form, Grant is usually solid in goals and it was only an injury that stopped that.

so why didn't we just play Roos then?? That's bizarre? We  just played with an injured keeper and gifted teams points? I bet Roos was fuming  

According to Mel he had torn a muscle in his knee, the injury didnt allow him the height he needed on jumping to claim high balls into the box. 

I think that is a good excuse as any for his poor form, Grant is usually solid in goals and it was only an injury that stopped that.

then why play him? Just seems stupid. 

So that made him punch the ball behind him when it was at head height and a free catch?

I'm not against Grant, personally I'd rather him start the season as number 1 and see how it goes, but if this injury was so bad that it changed his performances from what they were from Aug-Feb to what they were Feb-May, why was he still playing. Surely the staff would have known it was his injury causing the form, so use common sense and use your number 2. That's what he's there for.

So that made him punch the ball behind him when it was at head height and a free catch?

I'm not against Grant, personally I'd rather him start the season as number 1 and see how it goes, but if this injury was so bad that it changed his performances from what they were from Aug-Feb to what they were Feb-May, why was he still playing. Surely the staff would have known it was his injury causing the form, so use common sense and use your number 2. That's what he's there for.

Could be... Went up for a punch... something pulls/twinges (either legs/back when jumping/moving or side/arms whilst punching) and throws off where his hand ends up? A centimeter can make all the difference between fine and horrendous... Also Granty seems to be a confidence player and so any niggles he has might affect that...

I'm not in any way convinced by my own argument there btw... But saying it COULD be possible...

Could be... Went up for a punch... something pulls/twinges (either legs/back when jumping/moving or side/arms whilst punching) and throws off where his hand ends up? A centimeter can make all the difference between fine and horrendous... Also Granty seems to be a confidence player and so any niggles he has might affect that...

I'm not in any way convinced by my own argument there btw... But saying it COULD be possible...

He'd already made an error in that game for the first goal. And regardless of that being right or wrong, why's he gone to punch it anyway. Not only his execution of what he was trying to do was terrible, but his decision making also.

He'd already made an error in that game for the first goal. And regardless of that being right or wrong, why's he gone to punch it anyway. Not only his execution of what he was trying to do was terrible, but his decision making also.

Confidence? I always think Keepers and Forwards are the most affected by lack of confidence and small injuries... The Mids and Defence have enough ball time during the game to make sure that a few good touches or 5 good minutes can make a difference but Keepers and Forwards are more about those fleeting moments in front of (/in) goal which they may only get 3/4 times a game...

Just a thought anyway... As I say... not overly convinced by the argument but just pontificating...

Although this discussion is great can it be moved to a different thread? It's not even like this discussion is on the Carson thread.

You're obviously new here... Part of the fun is seeing how far off topic we can get...

Anyone watching the latest series of True Detective? I hear mixed reviews...

Although I hear Liam Bridcutt is excellent in his role as "man who wanders past in background"

Archived