Liam Bridcutt

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't seen him much but least exciting signing so far (if it happens). If player can't get ahead of Cattermole, it's hardly convincing. And not just by one manager, but quite a few too.

you're more excited by Baird or Carson?

you're more excited by Baird or Carson?

Exciting is surely wrong word for those two, clever is better. Actually I think Baird is great business, with current squad starting RB and can cover a lot of positions.

And I wanted Grant to be replaced, so happy with that.

Exciting is surely wrong word for those two, clever is better. Actually I think Baird is great business, with current squad starting RB and can cover a lot of positions.

And I wanted Grant to be replaced, so happy with that.

why did you want grant replaced? 

His end of season form was because of an injury according to Mel Morris 

why did you want grant replaced? 

His end of season form was because of an injury according to Mel Morris 

Average showpony who almost made me taste humble pie being very good for a while. There's three reasons already and last one is unforgivable!

I must be the only one who's probably more excited about this signing than any of the others.

I rated him very highly when he was at Brighton and I thought at the time he'd add something to our side. He's not settled at Sunderland and some people on here have written him off for that reason. Do you know where Sunderland is and what it's like!? Also I can imagine that a dressing room that's recovering from the toxic regimes of Poyet and Di Canio might not be the most pleasant environment to work in.

You might say he should be professional and get on with it, and yeah perhaps he should grow a bit of a backbone and get his head down. But a player low on confidence, coming into a new environment for a new season with a squad as welcoming as our's, and with the ability I know he's got, it's hard not to see him looking like a new player if we get him.

Don't agree with this "we're signing too many good players" argument. Well, for other positions I see it more but not at CDM. We had two very good CDMs and one competent one, and it still wasn't enough. Along with the number 9 role it's the most important position on the field for us, and having Thorne there (who simply won't play 46 games) with a sort-of-okay back up player behind him means we would instantly be lowering our expectations to the top 6 rather than the top 2. We'd just drop too many points.

And that's based on the assumption we want to play with just one holding midfielder.

I must be the only one who's probably more excited about this signing than any of the others.

Nope, I think it would be a very good signing.

Some people ask for too much. We have to ask ourselves, would he get in to other promotion challenging sides in this division? Would he improve other sides in this division? IMO the answer is yes to both.

Don't agree with this "we're signing too many good players" argument. Well, for other positions I see it more but not at CDM. We had two very good CDMs and one competent one, and it still wasn't enough. Along with the number 9 role it's the most important position on the field for us, and having Thorne there (who simply won't play 46 games) with a sort-of-okay back up player behind him means we would instantly be lowering our expectations to the top 6 rather than the top 2. We'd just drop too many points.

And that's based on the assumption we want to play with just one holding midfielder.

I'm also wondering if we are going to play Baird at RB and the 2 CDMs are going to be Thorne and Bridcutt. 

I rated him very highly when he was at Brighton and I thought at the time he'd add something to our side. He's not settled at Sunderland and some people on here have written him off for that reason. Do you know where Sunderland is and what it's like!? Also I can imagine that a dressing room that's recovering from the toxic regimes of Poyet and Di Canio might not be the most pleasant environment to work in.

You might say he should be professional and get on with it, and yeah perhaps he should grow a bit of a backbone and get his head down. But a player low on confidence, coming into a new environment for a new season with a squad as welcoming as our's, and with the ability I know he's got, it's hard not to see him looking like a new player if we get him.

I'm with you on this one. If we plan on playing 4-3-3 or even 4-2-3-1 then Bridcutt is perfect for us. 

If he signs, I wouldn't at all be surprised if he plays more games than any other player next season and is one of the main choices for the POTY award. 

I remember when Jim Smith came to Derby. He had all the players in one by one and asked the if they saw their future at Derby. The ones who were not committed were soon out including Williams. Jim apparently sold Williams because he simply wanted to go.A number of players must now be thinking that if they get twelve starts they will have done well, barring major injuries which would give them more games. A squad that has suffered two disappointments could be forgiven for thinking that it could at least be more difficult to get promoted this year than last year. The solution was always going to be to bring players in who had not suffered the same fate, then see who is really up for it this season and move any others on. The difficult ones for me are Russell and Bryson. They may get a lot of games or not many at all. Russell would probably play every week at Cardiff but could easily not figure at all if Ince comes. Bryson has seemed jaded but may spring into life straight away with a new manager.Preseason will sort out the characters pretty quickly.

it would be interesting to know whether the people that are willing to give bridcutt a chance here from playing poorly in a poor sunderland side, are also the same ones that arent willing to give albentosa a chance from playing poorly in a poor derby side

Archived