Liam Bridcutt

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

indeed, I don't care about the wage bill, that's someone else's problem like you say. Just wanted to point out the ridiculous amount that must come to!

I'm more concerned about the sheer amount of signings we're making!

I don't think our squad was actually in need of a massive overhaul and I just hope it doesn't disrupt the squad balance in any way.

I'm more concerned about the sheer amount of signings we're making!

I don't think our squad was actually in need of a massive overhaul and I just hope it doesn't disrupt the squad balance in any way.

The way the season petered out, I would dispute whether there was any balance left in the squad to disrupt. It looked like a child's spinning-top as the speed decayed.

The way the season petered out, I would dispute whether there was any balance left in the squad to disrupt. It looked like a child's spinning-top as the speed decayed.

Yeah, I guess. Do you attribute that to the players or the manager though?

scott, you  make a decent point.

last week I heard on of the coaching staff say that the idea was that the team that finished last season was broken and needed fixing. So we're buying back up for every position.

Or is replacing is happening?

Yeah, I guess. Do you attribute that to the players or the manager though?

Not sure - bit of both, probably. Lack of leadership both on and off the pitch.

last week I heard on of the coaching staff say that the idea was that the team that finished last season was broken and needed fixing. So we're buying back up for every position.

I wouldn't say it's replacing because I don't think many of the key players will leave, if any. Just fringe players that have been released.

Displacing would be the word I'd use. Buying players that are hopefully better to take over their starting XI place.

I wouldn't say it's replacing because I don't think many of the key players will leave, if any. Just fringe players that have been released.

Displacing would be the word I'd use. Buying players that are hopefully better than what we have.

Indeed - but like you say - there's a lot of players on our roster and more to come if the rumours are to be believed.

I am very keen to know which bit of this you felt the need to edit?

PistoldPete2

fans views are often a good barometer.....then again if he'd been a triumph we wouldn't be able to get him.

so.....maybe £1m max.

the fact he has not been a success in 27 games in the prem, maybe played out of position does not make him a bad signing. How would John eustace have done for Sunderland? Played as an attacking midfielder? 

I hope that it is replacing. I'm not a believer in signing back up for positions. You don't get any better by signing back up players, the only way to progress is to get new players that are better than your old ones or train your old ones to be better (Route  is much easier but more expensive, but seems to be the direction we are taking which is fine)

I hope that it is replacing. I'm not a believer in signing back up for positions. You don't get any better by signing back up players, the only way to progress is to get new players that are better than your old ones or train your old ones to be better (Route  is much easier but more expensive, but seems to be the direction we are taking which is fine)

fwiw I think the problems at the end of the season were psychological rather than a lack of talent.

the fact he has not been a success in 27 games in the prem, maybe played out of position does not make him a bad signing. How would John eustace have done for Sunderland? Played as an attacking midfielder? 

The fact Sunderland were absolute sausage all season makes it very difficult to judge anything he did for them. Was class at Brighton

Archived