Liam Bridcutt

DcFc Dyycheee

I see very little evidence of players being signed as backups for anyone. Everyone will be given a fresh start whether they were here last season or have just arrived. The players that impress in the preseason will be in the team. Full stop. Clement has no reason to favour last season's players. If they complain, he will simply tell them to train harder and play better than whoever took their place. He looks like a manager who is going to be impressed by what players do, not what they say. Some players will be at the gym today who were not asked to go to the gym.A new yardstick is about to be used to assess players,.so some people are going to have to listen very carefully to Paul Clement.. 

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see very little evidence of players being signed as backups for anyone. Everyone will be given a fresh start whether they were here last season or have just arrived. The players that impress in the preseason will be in the team. Full stop. Clement has no reason to favour last season's players. If they complain, he will simply tell them to train harder and play better than whoever took their place. He looks like a manager who is going to be impressed by what players do, not what they say. Some players will be at the gym today who were not asked to go to the gym.A new yardstick is about to be used to assess players,.so some people are going to have to listen very carefully to Paul Clement.. 

does that mean Sammon will be first choice until we are 1 minute into an actual game and he realises there's more to football than a gym?

Liam Bridcutt is akin to Thorne in class. I would be delighted with him, most teams would take him in their first team, we're going to have two very strong CDM's in our squad if this comes off. 4-2-3-1? Or are we consigning one to the bench?

Evening all. As a Ram exiled in Britain's premier seaside resort I have watched many a game at the Amex. Bridcutt was an immense player while there and would be a good addition. On the other hand, Paul Burke was immensely disliked and widely blamed for some monumental disaster signings during his time there. And finally, had a chat with Aaron Hughes at the school  summer fair this avo ( he did indeed 'beat the goalie') who said Baird is the ultimate pro and will prove a great addition. Sadly I failed to win anything in the raffle.

Evening all. As a Ram exiled in Britain's premier seaside resort I have watched many a game at the Amex. Bridcutt was an immense player while there and would be a good addition. On the other hand, Paul Burke was immensely disliked and widely blamed for some monumental disaster signings during his time there. And finally, had a chat with Aaron Hughes at the school  summer fair this avo ( he did indeed 'beat the goalie') who said Baird is the ultimate pro and will prove a great addition. Sadly I failed to win anything in the raffle.

No no no. I am the only Ram exiled in Britain's premier seaside resort.

There is one thing if these lads gel quickly we could be a unstopable force this season. I would like us to sign a free kick taker.

Ince takes a cracking free kick.

Don't be silly.

Skeggy don't play at the Amex.

Would be an absolutely fantastic signing. Two CDMs is the protection our defence needs and Thorne and Bridcutt would be unbelievable. Really hope it's a permanent deal an is completed soon,

Ince doesn't seem to be finalised still? 

All signs point to Ince being revealed on Monday or Tuesday. All of the journos are saying it's almost done, without a hint of interest from Newcastle.

Archived