SIGNED: Scott Carson

Ramble On

Scott Carson signing prediction   

114 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can we assume that we're trying to strengthen the leadership qualities in the squad.

Last season it's likely we failed not due to lack of ability but the lack of mental strength. I think we're looking to address that this season!

Good signing!

After the abuse Carson had in past he should have an abundance of mental strength. Ability wise he's more than capable at this level and if or when the going gets tough that experience shows it's self in leadership qualities we lacked towards end of last season

I'd like to see Heskey sign up next, good back up to Martin, and fits our retirement home for Ex England internationals model well.

I look forward to the day in ten years time when Will Hughes re-signs, after spending the previous 9 years flitting between Swansea, Southampton and Aston Villa, mostly as a sub apart from a 6 month purple patch with the Saints, rewarded by a 10 minute run out in a friendly against the 2026 World Cup hosts, Gibraltar.

PistoldPete2

Looks like we are going to have a very busy summer.... 3 in so far and plenty of business in the pipeline I think. My guess is we will look to keep Grant, but I could be wrong. 

how do you know the club wouldn't go through it? Is that opinion dressed as fact? Noone knows what sort of contracts have been handed out or what was in the new deals signed last season, well except the players and the club.

Don't like this signing.

Our permanent deals over the past 12 months include Shotton, Warnock, Bent and now Carson. Good grief that's a lot of money on wages for players that don't suit us.

Who is making these signings? Whoever it is, are you intent on taking us back to the Paul Jewell era? 

Because they quite clearly are committed to minimising loss and adhering to ffp!  Wigan would want him off their wage bill, going down a league with hardly any fans. I wouldn't be surprised if it's an absolute bargain as a buy and a standard wage at this level, I fail to see why he'd have ever been on a massive wage. He was always potential 

Bris,  I have to be honest, your opinion is virtually worthless. All that Latino football has clouded your ability to judge things relatively. I bet you can't name a single realistic signing that you would like! 

Similarly, I challenge anyone to name a keeper that we could sign that would be inspiring!! 

Because they quite clearly are committed to minimising loss and adhering to ffp!  Wigan would want him off their wage bill, going down a league with hardly any fans. I wouldn't be surprised if it's an absolute bargain as a buy and a standard wage at this level, I fail to see why he'd have ever been on a massive wage. He was always potential 

Bris,  I have to be honest, your opinion is virtually worthless. All that Latino football has clouded your ability to judge things relatively. I bet you can't name a single realistic signing that you would like! 

Similarly, I challenge anyone to name a keeper that we could sign that would be inspiring!! 

​Pope John Paul II

I reckon if you was to name all his howlers and someone was to name his great saves that you'd run out first. How many penalties has Chris Martin missed? Remember that 1v1 at Watford where he tried to round the keeper who was virtually on his goal line and Martin gave himself a ridiculous angle. Then against Reading he had about 3 touches without pulling the trigger on the 6 yard box.

Everyone makes mistakes. It's about how many positives they bring. 

​I wouldn't think that great saves v howlers is a 1:1 ratio for any decent goalkeeper by any stretch of the imagination, so your 'who runs out first' argument is completely flawed and not worth considering. I'm talking about errors that rip the confidence out of every single defender in front of him - and it's worth pointing out that the three I mentioned all occurred in the last couple of months of the season

Archived