SIGNED: Scott Carson

Ramble On

Scott Carson signing prediction   

114 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​No shift from the strategy of sustainability?

There's been a clear shift away from it and it's clear that we're going for it this season. I'm not averse to the club spending big money as such, but I don't think players like Carson are the correct way of doing it. 

p.s. Losing £7million a year isn't really sustainable. 

​Fair point, 'sustainable' and 'losses' don't go great together do they...:ph34r:

To your point though, you say 'signings like Carson', but I don't think you can lump Bent or Pearce into the same category- for me both fit the bill of the type of player we've typically gone for, Bent maybe a class above. 

Nothing like QPR, stop being a drama queen!  

They are a bunch of mercenaries,who held a desperate club with a dodgy manager to ransom. If this deal comes even close to being a similar deal ,there's no way this club will go through with it and you KNOW it so stop pretending you think the club is going mad.

Fact is ,when a club goes down ,the vultures circle ,now we are one of the vultures and rightly so !

(Forgive the dodgy punctuation ,this phone is sausage on this site )

how do you know the club wouldn't go through it? Is that opinion dressed as fact? Noone knows what sort of contracts have been handed out or what was in the new deals signed last season, well except the players and the club.

Are we really moaning about signing a keeper that has played Premier league football? And played for England? Really? 

Cheap comparison I know.... But how many games have Grant and Carson played in Prem? And if Grants supposedly one of the best keepers in championship why have Liverpool signed Bogdan instead of him?

Are we really moaning about signing a keeper that has played Premier league football? And played for England? Really? 

Cheap comparison I know.... But how many games have Grant and Carson played in Prem? And if Grants supposedly one of the best keepers in championship why have Liverpool signed Bogdan instead of him?

Equally, why didn't Liverpool sign Carson instead of Bogdan?

Equally, why didn't Liverpool sign Carson instead of Bogdan?

Fair point.... But aren't we comparing Lee Grant?

​Fair point, 'sustainable' and 'losses' don't go great together do they...:ph34r:

To your point though, you say 'signings like Carson', but I don't think you can lump Bent or Pearce into the same category- for me both fit the bill of the type of player we've typically gone for, Bent maybe a class above. 

I really don't know much about Pearce but I would sat the same about Bent. A lot of money, and I don't think he suits.

​Because Bogdan was free and Grant wasn't? And I don't think anyone is claiming Grant is one of the best keepers in the Champ, but neither are they Carson. It just seems like we've signed someone on par with Grant ... it could work really well and force Grant to perform better now he has competition, or we could just have 2 inconsistent keepers battling it out for the starting spot. Hopefully it's the former 

Archived