SIGNED: Scott Carson

Ramble On

Scott Carson signing prediction   

114 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Is it cruel to keep reminding him.....

Interestingly, I worked in West Cumbria for a while (trying to expand the gene pool, but my efforts were shunned as I was not a tru-blood marra) and apparently Scott Carson was never one likely to trouble Oxford and Cambridge if the goalkeeping didn't work out #IKN

I'm puzzled by this TBH, seems an average but not entirely necessary signing unless it's been decided that Roos just aint gonna make the grade. Still, he's been an OK keeper so never mind.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scott Carson is a good keeper! Don't know why people are hating on him. The one thing England do produce is good keepers. And if the England management have felt Carson has somthing to offer (granted it has been 4 years ago, But if Joe Hart hadn't performed like he has, He could well be there still) then I trust there judgement a lot more than 60% of you on here.

Good Signing. A lot of experience, And healthy competition for the No1 spot. 

Don't like this signing.

Our permanent deals over the past 12 months include Shotton, Warnock, Bent and now Carson. Good grief that's a lot of money on wages for players that don't suit us.

Who is making these signings? Whoever it is, are you intent on taking us back to the Paul Jewell era? 

​I dunno, I was perfectly contented with Grant. If you want to pay me Derby's scout wage for a few weeks I'll find one.

​I know who didn't go to away matches in the second half of last season.

Don't like this signing.

Our permanent deals over the past 12 months include Shotton, Warnock, Bent and now Carson. Good grief that's a lot of money on wages for players that don't suit us.

Who is making these signings? Whoever it is, are you intent on taking us back to the Paul Jewell era? 

​Face it Bris, there's very little you do like.

3a963d1d5af58edb10f0ec61975a847b.png

That's not too bad then

Can't believe we're wasting £7m on Carson

​Hmmm, bit of a difference methinks

Either way, lets hope he Grant and Eric Steele(if he stays ?) can sort out something that resembles a decent keeper that will do for us in the Prem........

Do they do one for waving at crosses at Rotherham, punching the ball into his own net at Wolves and conceding direct from a corner at Huddersfield?

I reckon if you was to name all his howlers and someone was to name his great saves that you'd run out first. How many penalties has Chris Martin missed? Remember that 1v1 at Watford where he tried to round the keeper who was virtually on his goal line and Martin gave himself a ridiculous angle. Then against Reading he had about 3 touches without pulling the trigger on the 6 yard box.

Everyone makes mistakes. It's about how many positives they bring. 

Don't like this signing.

Our permanent over the past 12 months include Shotton, Warnock, Bent and now Carson. Good grief that's a lot of money on wages for players that don't suit us.

All 4 are proven, experienced players, 3 internationals, being asked to perform in the Championship and take us up.  Nothing wrong with any of them IMO if they are played in their best positions.

They have cost us in capital spend hardly anything, and stop worrying about the P&L account, that is not your worry.  Also please get over the fact that we won't be set-up like Mac has had us for the last 2 seasons.  

We needed a bit more experience in the ranks to let some of our younger lads flourish.

I personally think there are at least 3 new signings to come who be exciting, and I think a couple will go. But, I feel we are getting close now to having the proper experience and real competition within the squad that we need to get is up in the automatics this coming Season.

Not referring to Carson but experience is only good if you're actually good.

Warnock for example. Bought for his experience, debut, cup game, rush of blood and does something Forsyth wouldn't have done. 

Forsyth has barely any "experience". But he's better than Warnock. 

Hughes is experienced. 

Dawkins isn't.  

Wes Brown has a ton of experience. Experienced pretty much everything.  He's still thick though. 

Can we assume that we're trying to strengthen the leadership qualities in the squad.

Last season it's likely we failed not due to lack of ability but the lack of mental strength. I think we're looking to address that this season!

Good signing!

Archived