SIGNED: Scott Carson

Ramble On

Scott Carson signing prediction   

114 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

​Well then we shouldn't be replacing Grant then. There's no point signing someone who is at best, level with him.

Will have to disagree I think he's a lot better.... But would be quite happy to see them squabble over the number 1 spot.... Rather have these two keepers fighting over the position than Frank Fielding, Adam Legdzins and Saul Deeney....

Cant believe people are disapointed....

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​Scott Carson definitely could push Grant but don't you think Roos does that?

And IMO Roos seems an extremely motivated individual

Not seen enough of him really. Would prefer him to get experience on loan like young players normally do. Either play him or loan him. It's a waste of time spending another season on the bench

​Well I'd hope Evans would be able to do this job, but I'll give it a go ;)

Wes Foderingham - free agent after choosing to leave Swindon and is wanted by half the Championship. Was one of the best keepers in league 1 last season. Doubt his wages would be anywhere near Carson, but I'm not an agent so wouldn't know

Not for me.... But respect the opinion.

​To be fair if it's between us and Birmingham I don't think we're going to spend a huge amount on wages for him.

​I hope not, but he's still got a year left on his Wigan deal I believe so I can't see him wanting to drop too much. And he's gone from Liverpool - West Brom - Bursaspor - Wigan ... all of which involved transfer fees so I imagine at each of those clubs he got a slight wage increase

Will have to disagree I think he's a lot better.... But would be quite happy to see them squabble over the number 1 spot.... Rather have these two keepers fighting over the position than Frank Fielding, Adam Legdzins and Saul Deeney....

Cant believe people are disapointed....

​I guess that's what it comes down to. If you think Carson is a lot better than Grant, then it's a good signing but I really don't think he is. We're turning into QPR, and it saddens me. 

Whose saying we are replacing him? Maybe better competition and may buck Grants ideas up.... And I don't think you find a championship club will spend 4 million pounds on a GK. 

I was just reiterating about earlier posts that Grant doesn't need to be pushed as IMO when confident he is one of the best Keepers in the championship.​

Not seen enough of him really. Would prefer him to get experience on loan like young players normally do. Either play him or loan him. It's a waste of time spending another season on the bench

​Neither have I, few games for under 21s where he wasn't tested. Maybe he should be loaned.

​Re Bond, stop stealing my ideas ;)

​You suggested James Bond, im sure of it :p

I just don't get how Evans is selecting these players. Carson may turn out to be a blinding signing, as could Pearce, but there's nothing to indicate that's a certainty. 

Both would come from clubs lower in the table, one even relegated, with mixed views (to say the least). 

We'll just have to see - Carson has been there and done it in the past. At least he has that.

​What is it? Another big name on decent money and he's not even better than what we already have. Grant and Roos are fine as a number 1 and two. I'd love an upgrade but only if the right player became available. 

I never liked the penny pinching this club has shown in getting competition in for the goalkeepers spot. I know Clough had to cut his cloth, but the attitude DCFC has had to getting decent goalies in was too far and fans have come to accept it as the norm. It didn't used to be.

I grew up watching Taylor and Codeye Sutton. Not necessarily the best goalkeepers in the world but they pushed each other and Taylor had one terrific season as a result of it I reckon. Like Kenny Powers and Ivan Dochenko. 

​I guess that's what it comes down to. If you think Carson is a lot better than Grant, then it's a good signing but I really don't think he is. We're turning into QPR, and it saddens me. 

​I disagree, we're signing players that we wouldn't have dreamed of a couple of years ago, but we're not p*ssing money up the wall and there's no evidence to suggest a shift from our previous strategy of sustainability- acceptable losses have doubled this year so we can lose, i.e. spend, an additional £8million this season (I think... someone more financially literate may know otherwise) 

Nothing like QPR, stop being a drama queen!  

They are a bunch of mercenaries,who held a desperate club with a dodgy manager to ransom. If this deal comes even close to being a similar deal ,there's no way this club will go through with it and you KNOW it so stop pretending you think the club is going mad. 

Fact is ,when a club goes down ,the vultures circle ,now we are one of the vultures and rightly so !

(Forgive the dodgy punctuation ,this phone is sausage on this site )

​I disagree, we're signing players that we wouldn't have dreamed of a couple of years ago, but we're not p*ssing money up the wall and there's no evidence to suggest a shift from our previous strategy of sustainability- acceptable losses have doubled this year so we can lose, i.e. spend, an additional £8million this season (I think... someone more financially literate may know otherwise) 

​No shift from the strategy of sustainability?

There's been a clear shift away from it and we're obviously going for it this season. I'm not averse to the club spending big money as such, but I don't think players like Carson are the correct way of doing it. 

p.s. Losing £7million a year isn't really sustainable. 

Nothing like QPR, stop being a drama queen!  

They are a bunch of mercenaries,who held a desperate club with a dodgy manager to ransom. If this deal comes even close to being a similar deal ,there's no way this club will go through with it and you KNOW it so stop pretending you think the club is going mad. 

Fact is ,when a club goes down ,the vultures circle ,now we are one of the vultures and rightly so !

(Forgive the dodgy punctuation ,this phone is sausage on this site )

We'll see. I don't think this is the right way of spending big money though. 

Archived