SIGNED: Scott Carson

Ramble On

Scott Carson signing prediction   

114 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2

​Never said he didn't suit our style of play, I said he didn't suit us. We were on the verge of promotion 24 months ago, with a fresh young squad full of energy and high-tempo.

I look at our squad then and look at it now and it's worse. We've replaced fresh young players with old wage-suckers and a fair few of our younger stars now appear demoralised by the state of the club.

I know we all have opinions, but I personally don't like the way we're going with some of our signings and a part of me feels our targets were more uplifting during Clough's reign than what they are now.

And that should not be happening given the improvements we've made.

I'd like to see us go young, fresher and bring back that attacking naivity. I know it's not that bad, but honestly some of these signings remind me of the scattergun approach of big names we had under Paul Jewell.

Just because big-named players are available, doesn't mean we should seek to bring them here. They have to fit first and foremost, and I think the majority of our deas over the past 12 months simply don't.

I think Carson is younger than grant . Not sure what fresh young players have been replaced. Eustace has just been released. I know what you mean, the likes of warnock seem very stodgy signings. I would hope maybe the loan window we can bring in young bucks like we did with ibe and bamford. If we have money to strengthen the squad it may be that we are paying high wages for players who don't get in the team. But hey qpr got promoted with an ageing bloated squad. What I think we are trying to avoid is a squad weakened by injuries like last year. Would weiman and ince be more the type of player that suits us?

I think Carson is younger than grant . Not sure what fresh young players have been replaced. Eustace has just been released. I know what you mean, the likes of warnock seem very stodgy signings. I would hope maybe the loan window we can bring in young bucks like we did with ibe and bamford. If we have money to strengthen the squad it may be that we are paying high wages for players who don't get in the team. But hey qpr got promoted with an ageing bloated squad. What I think we are trying to avoid is a squad weakened by injuries like last year. Would weiman and ince be more the type of player that suits us?

​Nearly 3 years younger.

Grants a better shot stopper ! Commands the area better ! Organises the defence better!  And makes less mistakes! 

​No, you misunderstand me. I asked you for reasons why you think that Grant is so much better than Carson. What you have done is just role out a list of guesswork. When have you seen Carson play so regularly that you are able to state this stuff?

​No, you misunderstand me. I asked you for reasons why you think that Grant is so much better than Carson. What you have done is just role out a list of guesswork. When have you seen Carson play so regularly that you are able to state this stuff?

I haven't seen him play regularly recently!  Why would i have done ?? But as a football fan not just dcfc ive seen him play enough over the years ! At liverpool , England etc etc ! I stated in an early post i dont think carson is a bad keeper ! I just think grants better ! It should be a nice battle for number 1 spot ! 

Wading in a bit late here, but here goes...

What young guns have we gotten rid of exactly? Besides having to give back Bamfird, Ibe and Wisdom, we've actually sold barely anyone as far as I can remember. And one of the biggest coups of last summer was to sign all of our young stars onto long term contracts, so no one is going anywhere unless we want them too.

doesn't seem to be anything wrong with getting a bunch of older, more experienced heads as back up, to give the younguns a bit of competition, and help them learn and develop. We sorely needed experience and mental toughness at the end of last season. In fact, all we've got rid of Eustace and Barker, it's that sort of leadership and experience we need to replace. 

Back to Carson. I think we're definitely keeping Grant. If they are of the same level, then that level is a good one, and the increased competition will only improve them further. And it doesn't mean Roos isn't getting his chance. Far from it. It means he is now free to go on loan, and get some proper experience as number 1 somewhere. He's not going to do that sat on our bench, and he's not going to push Grant without that experience. Clement has already said he believes in intense competition, everything has to be intensely competitive, all the time. Rejoice. This is a good thing.

Nothing wrong with this signing at all. 

Must be ***** being a keeper, always get the blame for things despite being the literal last line of defence. The ten other players on the pitch could be having absolutely shockers but one mistake as a keeper and you are the one blamed.

Yes Carson has made some dodgy mistakes but show me a keeper who hasn't. At 29 he is coming into the prime age for a keeper. 

I think last season we suffered because of not having a second keeper who could be considered a number 1. The few times I have seen Roos I thought he looked OK and has promise, looks good with the ball at his feet too but not someone you would drop your number 1 for. Grant needed a few games off after the Bournemouth game but Roos wasn't of the standard to come in as 'like for like', with Carson I believe we have that option now which can only need good. 

Having two keepers of similar ability will only be be good for the team, they will push each other in training.

Nothing like QPR, stop being a drama queen!  

They are a bunch of mercenaries,who held a desperate club with a dodgy manager to ransom. If this deal comes even close to being a similar deal ,there's no way this club will go through with it and you KNOW it so stop pretending you think the club is going mad. 

Fact is ,when a club goes down ,the vultures circle ,now we are one of the vultures and rightly so !

(Forgive the dodgy punctuation ,this phone is sausage on this site )

Are we not? Just wait till we sign Barton!!! 

Watching a few of his last games - through highlights:

Wolves 1 - 0 Wigan - he's totally at fault for the goal. he's in no man's land. 

Wigan 2 - 1 Brighton - good game here. He should have done better for their goal, though. Stockdale was absolutely foul. 

Millwall 2 - 0 Wigan - good game here, largely. He should have done a lot better with the second, though. Nasty, nasty game! 

Wigan 2 - 2 Fulham - he can't do anything about either Fulham goals, really. McCormack's strike is too sweet and the other deflects off a defender and loops over him.

Leeds 1 - 0 Wigan - not much to do. He can do nothing about the goal.

Norwich 0 - 1 Wigan - doesn't haven't much to do. Norwich looked poor.

against us - he made a couple of good saves. We weren't up to much though. 

Wigan are pretty good in midfield; McClean is dogged, Bo-Kyung is talented, Bong (defender) is a good footballer. Ojo looks very talented, raw, but talented. 

I feel slightly better for watching the highlights, but he doesn't command his area as well as Grant. He likes to stand and watch - definitely lacks presence. I can't tell by the video, but his distribution is meant to be bad. 

Archived