SIGNED: Scott Carson

Ramble On

Scott Carson signing prediction   

114 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All keepers are expected to make decent saves and to be fair most of them do. What is needed is beyond that. Its a reliability on crosses, communication with the back four and importantly the ability to use his feet as part of the back 5. I will wait and see how Carson does regarding those areas before I judge him.

Regarding cost. I understand he cost very little in terms of a fee. Not sure what his wages will be but I doubt anything outrageous.

Not sue why some of you are getting so anti about this signing. Surely anyone could see Lee Grant crumbled at the end of last season. Not just the punches in his own net, but the dithering regarding decisions. The poor distribution from the ground. Playing out to players under pressure, miskicking clearances etc etc etc. I would imaging Paul Clement has looked at the end of the season footage and thought "Cant rely on that"!

All keepers go through that though. All strikers feel like they'll never score again. All midfielders have that "right I'm having a bad game again so ill just keep it simple" then concentrate too much on what they're doing and that goes wrong too.

Everyone loses confidence and form. Strikers stop fancying even penalties. 

I'm not against Carson though. Always looked ok to me. But it is ironic that we're doing Grant for howlers when Carson has had some proper howlers. One iconic one.

All keepers go through that though. All strikers feel like they'll never score again. All midfielders have that "right I'm having a bad game again so ill just keep it simple" then concentrate too much on what they're doing and that goes wrong too.

Everyone loses confidence and form. Strikers stop fancying even penalties. 

I'm not against Carson though. Always looked ok to me. But it is ironic that we're doing Grant for howlers when Carson has had some proper howlers. One iconic one.

I remember Grants kicking got me really wound up a lot of the time he often found row Z. 

Cant we just except competition for places or maybe Deeney could return and then Grant has a free run at it again. 

Like you said though Alpha he has gone from hero to village idiot. I'm not sure I trust him after what I saw at the end of last season. He may impress the coach during pre-season and retain the shirt. I don't mind if he does but any dithering about like the end of this season or the poor choice of distribution with his feet and for me Carson is in. No messing.

I remember Grants kicking got me really wound up a lot of the time he often found row Z. 

Cant we just except competition for places or maybe Deeney could return and then Grant has a free run at it again. 

Not complained about Carson signing have I?  

Like you said though Alpha he has gone from hero to village idiot. I'm not sure I trust him after what I saw at the end of last season. He may impress the coach during pre-season and retain the shirt. I don't mind if he does but any dithering about like the end of this season or the poor choice of distribution with his feet and for me Carson is in. No messing.

Agree 100%

​We can't be dropping points while we're waiting for a goalie to get his act together, I'm with you SP, any effin' about and daft mistakes and Carson straight in. (for me)

When we judge England and the players, we overlook the friendlies and qualifiers and only judge tournament performances, the important games. In the interest of consistency, in Derby's important games, a few players showed us their true mental capability, Grant is one of them. I wouldn't want to rely on him and have ANOTHER collapse from key players when it matters. 

No but you asked if he'd been drinking .

Bris has and you keep liking him. 

I agree with Bris view on signings. Not been that impressed that's all. Shotton, Warnock... They're past there best or no better than what we have and it's moving on from that young fresh and hungry squad to players who are on their way down. But that's another matter and an argument I don't want. Here I'm defending Grant. Nothing else

I joked that he'd been drinking because of his interview. It wasn't criticism. It was a joke. Watch the interview... seems like he's just woke up. lol

Don't shoot me down here but have heard through a mate who is quite well connected that we'll be signing Scott Carson as first choice keeper replacing Grant. It's reliable so get your money on it lads.

Don't wish to brag, but l did tell you l had a reliable contact.

I agree with Bris view on signings. Not been that impressed that's all. Shotton, Warnock... They're past there best or no better than what we have and it's moving on from that young fresh and hungry squad to players who are on their way down. But that's another matter and an argument I don't want. Here I'm defending Grant. Nothing else

I joked that he'd been drinking because of his interview. It wasn't criticism. It was a joke. Watch the interview... seems like he's just woke up. lol

Just watched it he did seem a bit nervous I agree. 

Im not having a go but Shotton and Warnock are McClarens signings and I approved of the Warnock one but I don't think McClaren did him any favours at all and took him off against Reading having picked him in the DM role too early in that vital game. 

He never got much of a look in after his sending off against Reading in the cup and I thought at one point he'd never play for us again . He could still do a job possibly under Clement  

Shotton I'd never heard of and I think is work in progress he has done ok in some games and not others but is he  RB covering for Christie or a CB I'm not sure so Clement needs to find his best position and work on him  

Lee Grant is better than Scott Carson - in my opinion.

I'd be more surprised if this one comes off. I don't think there's wrong with saying that, obviously I'll be backing him to get back to his best and be a key signing for us. I just can't help thinking that finding 10 better keepers who on the face of it would be on a similar wage would be easy. Obviously, again, in my opinion. 

There is nothing wrong in saying that if you were in Evans' position, you wouldn't have picked him. That's all I'm saying.

I'm not saying his **** and he'll never achieve anything here, but he wouldn't have been my choice. 

The benefit of having another keeper is the added competition, I think that the coaching staff didn't that Roos was quite ready for first team football.

If Grant is on a poor run then put Carson in and vice versa. Liverpool and Arsenal did it when there keepers were under performing. 

I see no problem in getting Carson, he is probably cheap and is decent enough for the Championship.

Archived