Signed: Tom Ince

North_Stand_Ram

Tom Ince prediction   

206 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would assume that the fee for Ince we have available is also the cash being touted for Weimann, if that link is indeed true. It will be a case of who do we want more. I

In my opinion Ince is the bigger threat and has the highest possible fee later on if he succeeds, not to mention he has already done well here. Weimann I can see being comparable to Jamie Vardy in this league however, so if we do miss out on Ince for any reason, he would be a very strong alternative.

We're in a good position on this one.

Hull paid £2.3 million compensation to Blackpool for Ince, so I suspect that Hull want £2 million as we reportedly paid £300,000 to get him on loan. Hull then get all their money back for a player that was not good enough to get in their Premier Team. Would I pay £2 million for Ince? Yes, I would. This is the season where we need to splash the cash to get promotion. Burnley and QPR got about £65 million for last year in the Premier League. We can afford to risk £10 million on transfers and we would offload at the end of the season if it went pear shaped. If we get Weimann and Ince which I think we will, then other players would be prepared to come here because we look strong. We then need Mascarell, a Eustace type player, a full back and a goalkeeper in my opinion. Any loan players must be players that can be realistically bought if we get promoted..

If we get Ince and Weimann then we can afford to take some risks in the loan market for attacking players. i,e. Brandan Barker, Dominic Solanke, Dan Crowley...etc 

​If we get Ince and Weimann we don't need anything else in the attacking department. We'd have:

Out and out strikers: Martin, Bent

Other forwards: Russell, Weimann, Dawkins, Ince, Calero, Thomas, Bennett, Sammon

That's before even considering that we are rumoured to be looking at Barnes, though I think he and Dawkins would probably end up being called midfielders for the coming season (judging by our supposed targets). Basically though, we could end up with 10 players for 3 to 4 positions.

Clement is currently looking at DVDs to see who was too frail in the run in and they will possibly be on their way..Clement said that he was looking for the existing players who are characters. Anyone who seemed to lose the will to fight for promotion in the last two months of the season is now at risk. Realistically Derby will find themselves fighting in the top four for promotion in the last two months of this coming season and Clement will not want to be blamed for not fixing a problem that he is now witnessing on DVDs.Two years ago, Derby players were playing for promotion and for new contracts. Last year they had their contracts and some may have feared being moved on if we got promoted because of the policy of bringing in  loanees who would  sign permanently for Derby. We need loans that get settled into the team who will then sign for Derby when we get promoted. Lingard and Ibe were never going to sign for Derby..Bent was always going to sign for Derby and Ince would have signed if we had been promoted because we had a release clause and he was going to play in the Premiership .Ince may well still sign as Hull are now in the same League as us. We need a team at the end of this season that is established and the loan players want permanent contracts. We can then add further to that when we get promoted.

Clement is currently looking at DVDs to see who was too frail in the run in and they will possibly be on their way..Clement said that he was looking for the existing players who are characters. Anyone who seemed to lose the will to fight for promotion in the last two months of the season is now at risk. Realistically Derby will find themselves fighting in the top four for promotion in the last two months of this coming season and Clement will not want to be blamed for not fixing a problem that he is now witnessing on DVDs.Two years ago, Derby players were playing for promotion and for new contracts. Last year they had their contracts and some may have feared being moved on if we got promoted because of the policy of bringing in  loanees who would  sign permanently for Derby. We need loans that get settled into the team who will then sign for Derby when we get promoted. Lingard and Ibe were never going to sign for Derby..Bent was always going to sign for Derby and Ince would have signed if we had been promoted because we had a release clause and he was going to play in the Premiership .Ince may well still sign as Hull are now in the same League as us. We need a team at the end of this season that is established and the loan players want permanent contracts. We can then add further to that when we get promoted.

​from what I hear the Reading dvd may see the whole team out then

Ince will be holding out for a PL offer, he'll be hoping McClaren will come in for him. 

As an aside, can't wait to see the Boro fans faces when Bamford racks up in a Newcastle shirt.

​We're thinking along the same lines here Diag, McClaren is supposedly making noises about signing english players already, wouldn't surprise me if Ince is on his radar, whether Ashley will sanction it is another question.

​If we get Ince and Weimann we don't need anything else in the attacking department. We'd have:

Out and out strikers: Martin, Bent

Other forwards: Russell, Weimann, Dawkins, Ince, Calero, Thomas, Bennett, Sammon

That's before even considering that we are rumoured to be looking at Barnes, though I think he and Dawkins would probably end up being called midfielders for the coming season (judging by our supposed targets). Basically though, we could end up with 10 players for 3 to 4 positions.

I'd argue that Sammon is a lost cause - if he's here in August it will not be for the want of trying to get rid. Thomas and Bennett are huge gambles. Calero, less so, but it's a big summer for him too. Dawkins can be played out wide, but he's 80% better through the middle.

That leaves Martin, Bent, Russell, Weimann and Ince as proven players for three positions. I'd like to see at least two more come in, even if they're loans. Another Martin-type striker, who can hold the ball up, and another winger. 

It's easy to find a decent winger available at big clubs, but the striker becomes a problem. Let's hope PSG and Madrid have someone for us ;)

​We're thinking along the same lines here Diag, McClaren is supposedly making noises about signing english players already, wouldn't surprise me if Ince is on his radar, whether Ashley will sanction it is another question.

​At least most of our players are Irish or Scottish ;)

​Agreed with your thinking... Also if we have an agreed price in place and he turns us down then Hull will be able to negotiate whatever price they want for him with N'Castle... Makes sense for Hull to do that since I would imagine his agreed fee with us is lower (we signed him when out of favour, now he's got a half season of excellence under his belt)

Ince will be holding out for a PL offer, he'll be hoping McClaren will come in for him. 

As an aside, can't wait to see the Boro fans faces when Bamford racks up in a Newcastle shirt.

Don't think so. We wouldn't be bothering Hull unless we had already got the nod from Ince's agent. 

I'd argue that Sammon is a lost cause - if he's here in August it will not be for the want of trying to get rid. Thomas and Bennett are huge gambles. Calero, less so, but it's a big summer for him too. Dawkins can be played out wide, but he's 80% better through the middle.

That leaves Martin, Bent, Russell, Weimann and Ince as proven players for three positions. I'd like to see at least two more come in, even if they're loans. Another Martin-type striker, who can hold the ball up, and another winger. 

It's easy to find a decent winger available at big clubs, but the striker becomes a problem. Let's hope PSG and Madrid have someone for us ;)

​I wouldn't rule out seeing Lingaard back for a full season!

Archived