Signed: Tom Ince

North_Stand_Ram

Tom Ince prediction   

206 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Imagine. Sam Rush goes into a meeting. He starts negotiating for a player who 12 months earlier was valued at £2.3m, and had subsequently not had a good time nor kicked on.  Sam wants him on loan with a right to buy, knowing that at the end of the period, the said player only would have 12 months left on his contract. Do you think he:-

a) agreed £6m as a sell on clause because he went to the Peter Ridsdale School of Football Negotiating

b) agreed £6m and also took down his pants and said "who wants to go first?"

c) got a pretty water tight deal somewhere in the region of the £2.5m mark.

I have much more reason over the last couple years to trust Ming rather than a Daily Mirror hack. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can I just remind everyone that this is the Mirror we seem to be believing. Didn't they report PC was to be on £3.6 mil or something?

I suspect the principle is correct in that we have triggered the clause we were smart enough to get inserted, we may even have secured his signature but £6 million......................... never!

My first reaction was there's no way Derby will spend that, but from Hulls point of view what would be the point in a clause that allowed them to sell Ince for what he's worth? Any club could go for him at that price. Arent these clauses usually set at a value that is more than the player is worth for the selling clubs gain? Like Mario Gotze. Unless they think he's worth less than £2or 3 million  with one year left, bearing in mind this would have been sorted before his form for us.

If Derby were promoted 6 million wouldn't have been too bad. With a new chairman and manager could we be thinking £6 million? **** it why not? I how we don't spend that much though. 

Clement for £3 million a year

Ince for £6 million

It just sounds like they're throwing figures around this summer. £6 million for Ince sounds about as realistic as £3 million a year for Clement. Who knows what he'll cost if he's here, but I honestly doubt it'll be that. 

Ince is certainty worth £6m to the right team, but it does seem steep given his situation.

We need a quality wide man as badly as CDM at the minute. If the season started tomorrow then Dawkins and Russell would be on the flanks. 

Ince is good for 20 goals next season, considering how much teams would pay for a striker to do that, it's not so bad.

Given that Fulham foolishly paid £11m for McCormack - £6m sounds like a decent price, probably why the press went for that.

​Difference is, McCormack had 3 years left on his current deal and had just scored nearly 30 goals before the transfer fee was agreed. We supposedly agreed 6 million for a winger who had done nothing of note for a couple of years and who only had 1 year left on his current deal

​Difference is, McCormack had 3 years left on his current deal and had just scored nearly 30 goals before the transfer fee was agreed. We supposedly agreed 6 million for a winger who had done nothing of note for a couple of years and who only had 1 year left on his current deal

Did Fulham trigger a clause?

He scored 18 goals, with 14 assists, from 44 games for Blackpool in 2012-13
In 2013-14, he had 7 goals, with 6 assists, from 23 games for Blackpool.
In 2014-15, he had 11 goals, with 2 assists, from 24 games with us. 

At Premier League level, he hasn't been given a fair enough crack but to say he did nothing of note is unfair. He's still be as prolific as anybody at this level for the past three seasons.

He scored 18 goals, with 14 assists, from 44 games for Blackpool in 2012-13In 2013-14, he had 7 goals, with 6 assists, from 23 games for Blackpool.
In 2014-15, he had 11 goals, with 2 assists, from 24 games with us. 

At Premier League level, he hasn't been given a fair enough crack but to say he did nothing of note is unfair. He's still be as prolific as anybody at this level for the past three seasons.

​Before he came to us (when the clause was supposedly agreed) he'd failed for Palace and Hull at Premier League level (played out of position) and then failed for Forest in his short loan spell there, had he not? It would be like us trying to get 7 or 8 million now for Bryson. Say he was valued at roughly 4 million after the 13-14 season when he scored 15+ goals and was one of the top midfielders in the league. We aren't suddenly going to demand twice that after he's now just had a very poor season are we? So why would Ince have suddenly doubled his value after a very poor first half of the season?

If in January, before Ince came here and flourished, someone had told us that we were signing him for £6 million rather than loaning him the fans would be going nuts. He had done nothing before the loan spell with us (when the fee was supposedly agreed) to deserve a 6 million price tag

​Before he came to us (when the clause was supposedly agreed) he'd failed for Palace and Hull at Premier League level (played out of position) and then failed for Forest in his short loan spell there, had he not? It would be like us trying to get 7 or 8 million now for Bryson. Say he was valued at roughly 4 million after the 13-14 season when he scored 15+ goals and was one of the top midfielders in the league. We aren't suddenly going to demand twice that after he's now just had a very poor season are we? So why would Ince have suddenly doubled his value after a very poor first half of the season?

If in January, before Ince came here and flourished, someone had told us that we were signing him for £6 million rather than loaning him the fans would be going nuts. He had done nothing before the loan spell with us (when the fee was supposedly agreed) to deserve a 6 million price tag

Depends who you talked to really. I rated Ince highly, very highly, as I said when we signed him. 

He's as good as, if not better than, Hughes and probably would be our best player next season should he sign and remain injury free. 

Special player, with a special attitude. He dropped Liverpool to go play first team football at Blackpool and stuck with them for much longer than he needed.

Stupidly signed for Hull over Inter, as he thought it meant more game time, and could sign for us after proving himself in our system.

I'm not saying he's the next Gareth Bale but if you offered me Jamie Vardy and £3m or Tom Ince on a free then I would go for Ince every time. 

He's lacking in very few areas and any half decent coach could get him to a comfortable premier league standard. 

Depends who you talked to really. I rated Ince highly, very highly, as I said when we signed him. 

He's as good as, if not better than Hughes, and probably would be our best player next season should he sign and remain injury free. 

Special player, with a special attitude. He dropped Liverpool to go play first team football at Blackpool and stuck with them for much longer than he needed.

Stupidly signed for Hull over Inter, as he thought it meant more game time, and could sign for us after proving himself in our system.

I'm not saying he's the next Gareth Bale but if you offered me Jamie Vardy and £3m or Tom Ince on a free then I would go for Ince every time. 

He's lacking in very few areas and any half decent coach could get him to a comfortable premier league standard. 

​Yeah I rated him very highly as well and I agree that he'd probably be our best player next season if he were to join. My point is about his value... if he had a few years left on his deal and we agreed the fee after his loan spell then 6 million would sound about right, but I don't see how he could have been valued at 6 million during January when he had 1.5 years left on his contract and had done very poorly for Hull and Forest. I imagine the papers are way off as usual .... I hope :lol:

Not a chance that we would pay £6M for Ince. It may be that the total cost of fee, agents slice, additional payments for winning international caps, promotion to the prem and salary might come to that over 3 or 4 years, but as a fee alone, I don't think so.

Archived