Signed: Tom Ince

North_Stand_Ram

Tom Ince prediction   

206 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​Yeah I rated him very highly as well and I agree that he'd probably be our best player next season if he were to join. My point is about his value... if he had a few years left on his deal and we agreed the fee after his loan spell then 6 million would sound about right, but I don't see how he could have been valued at 6 million during January when he had 1.5 years left on his contract and had done very poorly for Hull and Forest. I imagine the papers are way off as usual .... I hope :lol:

It definitely won't be £6m - you're right. 

I'm guessing £3m, however, if it is £6m then we should still look to get it over the line.

People point to the defence, but I'd argue that just needs organising better. It needs better balance and it needs confidence. We've seen what types of players Christie and Forsyth can be, which is why they're international players, and we've got a solid partnership with Buxton and Keogh. The last three months were just down to lack of organisation, concentration and confidence. Before that, they were deservedly one of the hardest backlines to breakthrough. Rawson, who is our God knows choice defender, even won rave reviews at this level. Keogh was named in the PFA team of the year - no need to panic about the defence at all. 

​Yeah I rated him very highly as well and I agree that he'd probably be our best player next season if he were to join. My point is about his value... if he had a few years left on his deal and we agreed the fee after his loan spell then 6 million would sound about right, but I don't see how he could have been valued at 6 million during January when he had 1.5 years left on his contract and had done very poorly for Hull and Forest. I imagine the papers are way off as usual .... I hope :lol:

I'm kind of getting ignored in all this but I'll say it again anyway, if Hull put in a clause that we could sign him for £6 million if we chose then that doesn't actually mean he's worth £6 million. That's simply the release clause we arranged with them. If we were promoted £6 million wouldn't seem so much, we don't get involved in a bidding war and Hull get a nice price. If the clause is less than that (which I really hope it is) then from Hulls point of view I don't see the benefit. Why put a clause in for £2-3 million when they could start a bidding war with other clubs who would surely be interested at that sort of price?

In any case we didn't get promoted so if it is £6 million and we're still considering then that's a big decision to be making.

If there is clause, surely it won't be £6m. It would be the more realistic price after his loan, but certainly not before it!

But aren't these clauses designed to be more than the actual players worth? Otherwise what purpose do they serve to the selling team?

It definitely won't be £6m - you're right. 

I'm guessing £3m, however, if it is £6m then we should still look to get it over the line.

People point to the defence, but I'd argue that just needs organising better. It needs better balance and it needs confidence. We've seen what types of players Christie and Forsyth can be, which is why they're international players, and we've got a solid partnership with Buxton and Keogh. The last three months were just down to lack of organisation, concentration and confidence. Before that, they were deservedly one of the hardest backlines to breakthrough. Rawson, who is our God knows choice defender, even won rave reviews at this level. Keogh was named in the PFA team of the year - no need to panic about the defence at all. 

​Agreed, I think the main problem with the defence was the holding midfielder. One week they had Mascarell in front of them, likes the ball to feet so he can start the attacks, then next week it would be Eustace, no nonsense, not the best passer and doesn't have much pace but reads the game well. Then there was the Thorne return, the definition of perfect but sadly struggles with injuries, then Hanson got a few games, looked decent but didn't have the experience of Eustace or confidence of Mascarell and the final cherry on top of the cake was Warnock there, that was just disastrous :lol:

We need to bring in 2 holding midfielders and hopefully they have a very similar style to Thorne so the defence doesn't have to change their own style based on which holding midfielder is starting. I personally hope we try 4-2-3-1 and have 2 holding mids, but we'll have to wait and see what Clement decides

I'm kind of getting ignored in all this but I'll say it again anyway, if Hull put in a clause that we could sign him for £6 million if we chose then that doesn't actually mean he's worth £6 million. That's simply the release clause we arranged with them. If we were promoted £6 million wouldn't seem so much, we don't get involved in a bidding war and Hull get a nice price. If the clause is less than that (which I really hope it is) then from Hulls point of view I don't see the benefit. Why put a clause in for £2-3 million when they could start a bidding war with other clubs who would surely be interested at that sort of price?

In any case we didn't get promoted so if it is £6 million and we're still considering then that's a big decision to be making.

​Yeah fair point, but I still think it seems a bit crazy even for Hull to suggest 6 million when he'd have just a year left on his contract. I'm more concerned that the Derby representatives couldn't convince them to lower that amount (If what the papers say are true, which is highly unlikely :whistle:)

​Yeah fair point, but I still think it seems a bit crazy even for Hull to suggest 6 million when he'd have just a year left on his contract. I'm more concerned that the Derby representatives couldn't convince them to lower that amount (If what the papers say are true, which is highly unlikely :whistle:)

I reckon it's not beyond the realms of possibility it's true, I just hope if it is we'll try and renegotiate now we've not been promoted. £6 million could be not far from his value, only not with a year left on his contract like you say. Hull got him for £2.3 million apparently, but that was through tribunal so take that with a pinch of salt.

No matter what I can see Derby potentially breaking their transfer record for Ince.

£3m plus add ons, probably like £1m if we get promoted, £1m after he scores 30 goals and £1m if he plays for England

Some rubbish like that, if he does come in we best announce the fee. It needs to be disclosed so we can say for sure that Earnshaw can be fully wiped from memory.

PistoldPete2

The hull rag is a bit ott.... Carried us single handedly , stand out performer etc. ince and bent got the goals but we were undone by dodgy defending and lack of CDM. 

The hull rag is a bit ott.... Carried us single handedly , stand out performer etc. ince and bent got the goals but we were undone by dodgy defending and lack of CDM. 

​Yeh but the fee would have been agreed prior to the loan deal... IF there is the buyout clause everyone is talking about... At that point he was unwanted by Hull and had what, 12 months of underperforming?

Someone please brighten my day and tell me we are in talks with various teams over a CDM? I hope we don't spend all the budget on ince then slow down in other departments 

​I heard Sam Rush was spotted down the shops buying a DM*

*Dairy Milk

​I heard Sam Rush was spotted down the shops buying a DM*

*Dairy Milk

You was so close to a like but dropped the C when you could have used it for Cadburys Dairy Milk.

More attention to details and one day you may have as many likes as me.

Archived